Temps impressing Levein

jamborich

steak pie supper

The last thing we want is to see him involved with those diddies.

100% Correct.Could have another Lee Wallace situation where he get's injured in a meaningless game.

His value will soar, I expect the club will get him tied up on an improved contract soon. It's amazing what a good attacking manager can do to a team that looked total pish in the last 2 seasons .

100% Correct.Could have another Lee Wallace situation where he get's injured in a meaningless game.

Even if he didn't get injured they'd undoubtedly knock all the skill and confidence out of him. Tell them to gtf, Temps.

Christ on a Bike...Twice in one day, Here goes....I AGREE 100% with Therapist :smiliz23:

Hopefully Glasgow Scotland FC leave Temps out of their meaningless games (I include Euro Qualifiers in this!) we need him fit to play "Proper" Football. :thumbsup:

Frankenstein Jambo.

i am always 100 percent behind players getting international recognition. However, i worry about young temp as he is the sort of player that players target for hard tackles. So, on this occasion levine **** off

alwaysthereinspirit

i am always 100 percent behind players getting international recognition. However, i worry about young temp as he is the sort of player that players target for hard tackles. So, on this occasion levine **** off

International recognition doesn't mean the same in Scotland as it does it most other countries.

Recently we've had Broadfoot and Fox get international recognition.:whistling:

So Hearts fans moan when the squad is filled with Old Firm players, then when one of ours is touted they moan too.

Arseholes!

International recognition doesn't mean the same in Scotland as it does it most other countries.

Totally agree! Two in a long, long, long, long, long line of huddies to be "recognised" by our esteemed national managers. :thumbsup:

Charlie-Brown

Levein would have to have very strange ideas about how football should be played (4-6-0?) if Templeton wasn't impressing him. Hopefully skillful youngsters like Templeton and Bannan as well as more established talents like Dorrans and Naismith can tempt CL to move away from reliance on ugly hoofballers like McCulloch, S.Brown, Broadfoot etc and base future Scotland teams around the skillful players that have the talent it takes to win at International level and not just the brawn, physicality and energy to play in a negative Craig Brown type way that some people have convinced themselves to believe is the only way Scotland can play. We deserve better - Templeton is better.

Actually i agree with Therapist for once Flying+Pig.jpg

- Keep him away From that setup Completely :thumbsup:

Seymour M Hersh

So Hearts fans moan when the squad is filled with Old Firm players, then when one of ours is touted they moan too.

Arseholes!

You rude man!!

Perhaps it's something to do with Lee Wallace getting knackered playing for Scotland. Not in all cases I grant you but in many.

Arseholes!

Never moaned once. I NEVER want a player from Hearts to play for anyone except Hearts...Especially Glasgow Scotland!! :thumbsup:

Never moaned once. I NEVER want a player from Hearts to play for anyone except Hearts...Especially Glasgow Scotland!! :thumbsup:

Snap.

You rude man!!

Perhaps it's something to do with Lee Wallace getting knackered playing for Scotland. Not in all cases I grant you but in many.

Injuries happen, it's part and parcel of football.

I'm sure Templeton would be chuffed to bits to play for Scotland so that's good enough for me.

Some right roasters on this thread.

Please recite the lyrics to the Hearts song, and explain why we should change our club's tradition to supply national caps?

I am proud of all Hearts players who put on the dark blue of Scotland. It is a top honour for a player and national caps can increase the transfer value of players who excel on the national stage.

How much do you think Craig Gordon would have been sold for with no national caps? Clue: nowhere near the ?9m.

But players of Templeton's quality might stop us being perceived as diddies. Oops silly me, forgot that's the last thing you'd want.

Berwick-upon-tweed really isn't that far away Mitty. :thumbsup:

Guest John Meurig Thomas

Please recite the lyrics to the Hearts song, and explain why we should change our club's tradition to supply national caps?

I am proud of all Hearts players who put on the dark blue of Scotland. It is a top honour for a player and national caps can increase the transfer value of players who excel on the national stage.

How much do you think Craig Gordon would have been sold for with no national caps? Clue: nowhere near the ?9m.

You're proud of the fact that we've become a selling club?

I'm sorry but the "adds value to the transfer fee" is just pathetic in my eyes. It's like you've already accepted that we shouldn't have great players for more than a few seasons. I'm not having a go at you, more the mentality that we'll always be a club who's existence is to raise a few players from a young age/general obscurity into great players for other clubs. Why not keep them? Why not have some ambition and go for some success ourselves?

I want to be in a position one day where Celtic and Rangers are shitting themselves whenever they get a quality youngster in case the Hearts come knocking. thumbsup.gif

I'm sorry but the "adds value to the transfer fee" is just pathetic in my eyes. It's like you've already accepted that we shouldn't have great players for more than a few seasons. I'm not having a go at you, more the mentality that we'll always be a club who's existence is to raise a few players from a young age/general obscurity into great players for other clubs. Why not keep them? Why not have some ambition and go for some success ourselves?

I want to be in a position one day where Celtic and Rangers are shitting themselves whenever they get a quality youngster in case the Hearts come knocking. thumbsup.gif

Proud of it, no, but it is a fact of life. We're not going to hold onto the likes of Templeton long term because a) he will want way more money than we can give him, and B) he'll want to play in a better quality of team on a bigger stage.

The bste Hearts team in history sold the key players, these days it just happens faster.

If you can pay off the debt, then we can stop being a selling club. If not, then we are, and that is a fact of life.

Our primary focus needs to be on European qualification and some cup success, we simply don't have the resources to challenge beyond that.

Guest John Meurig Thomas

Proud of it, no, but it is a fact of life. We're not going to hold onto the likes of Templeton long term because a) he will want way more money than we can give him, and B) he'll want to play in a better quality of team on a bigger stage.

The bste Hearts team in history sold the key players, these days it just happens faster.

I'll concede the whole money issue - but on the second point: why not get a better quality of team? Why do you automatically assume that Templeton will outgrow us (ability wise)? What if we went on a run for a few seasons (while keeping Temps) picking up the odd trophy, gaining ground in Europe, increasing attendances, new stand etc etc - we'd be able to afford better players to put around Templeton and we'd be playing on a bigger stage consistently.

That's one thing I really admire about Romanov - his ambition. He'll only let a player go if we're getting an offer that really is far too good to refuse because he wants the club to grow, instead of selling for some paltry fee because we need the money.

It's only pathetic if also accepting that we'll never attract the likes of Messi, Ronaldo or Iniesta to Tynecastle is considered to be pathetic.

Temps obviously isn't in their league but if he continues to progress in this way then he's going to end up being too good for the SPL and that's just a fact. It would be nice if we had a football utopia but we just don't - other leagues are better and good players will want to go there. The end.

I'll concede the whole money issue - but on the second point: why not get a better quality of team? Why do you automatically assume that Templeton will outgrow us (ability wise)? What if we went on a run for a few seasons (while keeping Temps) picking up the odd trophy, gaining ground in Europe, increasing attendances, new stand etc etc - we'd be able to afford better players to put around Templeton and we'd be playing on a bigger stage consistently.

There is the small matter of keeping him under contract, and he will want more money or simply a move to a bigger club.

We are not going to pay stupid wages anymore, so when players grow out of our budget, we are best to cash in. Hopefully the academy and shrewd signings will bring through replacements.

That's one thing I really admire about Romanov - his ambition. He'll only let a player go if we're getting an offer that really is far too good to refuse because he wants the club to grow, instead of selling for some paltry fee because we need the money.

Agree there. However, Romanov does want to make money back on signings - and is good at getting the best price.

Under certain previous owners, we would take the first offer given, even if it undervalues players.

The Wrinkly Ninja

I need to make sure I've got this correct because I find it difficult to keep up.

I have to ignore whether David Templeton wants to play for Scotland or not.

I've to discourage Hearts players from playing for our country - but I've to vilify players from other clubs who choose not to.

I've to moan when Hearts players get overlooked for Scotland squads - but also moan when they are picked.

I've to support 'British' teams/players as long as they are not Scotland, Celtic, Manchester United or happen to be from Northern Ireland and are Catholic.

:smiliz23:

I assume it, because I've seen it happen repeatedly over the years. McCann, Cameron, Gordon, Naysmith, etc etc. players you knwo watching them are better than we'll be able to keep, especially these days. I'd love it if the likes of Templeton said 'you know what, 5k a week is more than enough for me, and I think I can win everything here before moving on'. but he almost certainl won't, so you enjoy him whilst you have him. Plus, getting the rest of the team up to the level where you consistently win things and they match his quality requires cash whioh we've no got.

And Romanov does (usually) drive a good bargain. But players playing solely in the SPL and no doing it at a higher level are not going to go for more money than those who show they can do it in Europe or at International level. So when he does decide to sell him, you need them to be going for the money they are worth.

I need to make sure I've got this correct because I find it difficult to keep up.

I've to discourage Hearts players from playing for our country - but I've to vilify players from other clubs who choose not to

I've to moan when Hearts players get overlooked for Scotland squads - but also moan when they are picked.

I've to support 'British' teams/players as long as they are not Scotland, Celtic, Manchester United or happen to be from Northern Ireland and are Catholic.

it's a good effort, but you forgot to add on the bold part that you need to make it clear that's not the reason why you are vilifying them, even when everyone knows it is.

You rude man!!

Who else have Hearts had injured on international duty for Scotland?

Guest Dipped Flake

I've to discourage Hearts players from playing for our country - but I've to vilify players from other clubs who choose not to.

100% correct; welcome to the parallel universe of jkb. Thank God that real Hearts supporters think differently to some on here.

Guest Dipped Flake

You rude man!!

So we should not allow our players to take part in any training games in case they are injured. In fact why don't we just not allow our players to play football as it is obviously risking them being injured??

Not anymore it isn't.

100% correct; welcome to the parallel universe of jkb. Thank God that real Hearts supporters think differently to some on here.

polar-bear-face-palm_thumbnail.jpg

If it's for a competitive match, fair game.

If it's for yet another one of Scotland's ridiculous friendlies then they can feck off.

You've got it. :thumbsup:

I'm sure Temps would be disgusted to receive a call-up and would immediately decline the invitation anyway. But that doesn't matter because once Craig Levein reads JKB and sees the stern "hands off" warning he'll make sure that he steers clear anyway.

If it's for a competitive match, fair game.

If it's for yet another one of Scotland's ridiculous friendlies then they can feck off.

So you expect him to be picked for a competitive game without showing first he can do it at that level?

Templeton would be absolutely delighted to play for Scotland as would most Scottish footballers, and when he does pull on the jersey I'll be proud as punch. I assume everyone who doesn't want templeton playing for Scotland also doesn't want to see Eggert or Arvy get international recognition?

There are some right diddies on this board. Why not just be happy that we're in a position to produce international level players?

Seymour M Hersh

So we should not allow our players to take part in any training games in case they are injured. In fact why don't we just not allow our players to play football as it is obviously risking them being injured??

Eh? I was merely suggesting a reason why some people might be reserved about Levein's interest. And, I was certainly not agreeing with the usual suspects ant-Scotland stance. did not think the poster I replied to needed to blanket everyone with a/hole who did not agree with his stance.

So you expect him to be picked for a competitive game without showing first he can do it at that level?

Templeton would be absolutely delighted to play for Scotland as would most Scottish footballers, and when he does pull on the jersey I'll be proud as punch. I assume everyone who doesn't want templeton playing for Scotland also doesn't want to see Eggert or Arvy get international recognition?

There are some right diddies on this board. Why not just be happy that we're in a position to produce international level players?

I'd always wish them well, but first and foremost, have HMFC at heart. If a Hearts player gets injured representing another team, especially in a pointless game against mediocre opponents, I can guarantee I, and a lot of other Hearts supporters will be far from happy.

I take you were delighted to see Lee Wallace represent Scotland a few months ago, even though it now means we have lost him to injury for the best part of 4 months.

I'd always wish them well, but first and foremost, have HMFC at heart. If a Hearts player gets injured representing another team, especially in a pointless game against mediocre opponents, I can guarantee I, and a lot of other Hearts supporters will be far from happy.

I take you were delighted to see Lee Wallace represent Scotland a few months ago, even though it now means we have lost him to injury for the best part of 4 months.

Yes I was delighted when he played, obviously I wasn't happy at the injury though. Unfortunately however, injuries are part of football, it could easily happen in a training match. But if he's selected when fit again then I'll be happy to see him involved. I'm pretty sure he wants to be involved as well.

Great point about the Scotland caps.

Some threads on kickback bring out the best in the forum - intelligent, well thought out debate. And others, like this, bring out the numpties.

How many threads on here are filled with "**ck the Scotland team" or people saying why they really hate (Insert random team name with even more random reason in here). Any neutral fans reading this nonsense would be forgiven for thinking that a large percentage of Hearts fans were arseh*les

I'm not going to read any further. Playing for Scotland is a dream every one of us had as a boy. I'd be delighted for Temps to have the honour, as it says a lot about OUR club.

Also, whilst I agree Broadfoot isnt international standard, its woth pointing out that he has scored for our country, which is something none of us will ever do.

I'd also much, much rather have Temps represent Hearts in the Scotland squad than Andy Driver, who is a great player but who also happens to be English, and who also happens to support england.

Live the dream Temps.

Archived