arcade fire to lead hearts out on saturday

freddiemac

after last weeks resounding performance by the team after being led on to the pitch at kick off and again at half time by arcade fires "wake up". it is pretty certain resident d.j. scott wilson will continue a winning format ,maybe this week though the team could take to the pitch with arcade fires "ready to start" and the second half to "neighborhood #3 power out". can't wait

tartofmidlothian

Stick with Wake Up, great song for an arena and a quality song full stop. That's rare for a football ground.

Stick with Wake Up, great song for an arena and a quality song full stop. That's rare for a football ground.

agreed.

to be fair arcade fire pulled the curtain down on their 2010 world tour on sunday at the secc by singing "wake up". lead singer win butler proclaimed it as a "scottish war song"

west lothian loyal

I liked it when the team ran out to Darude's Sandstorm a few yrs back. Blood pumping tune when belted out at high volume over the tannoys.

H.M.F.C FOREVER

Hope not to be honest - it's a really, really bad song.

Is it?

I think it's a good tune to get the fans and the team fired up 5mins before K.O and i'm quite certain alot of other posters on JKB do aswell.

If someone could post the lyrics of the song, we could change them like a fan did with the european song which is the tune to Frank Sinatra-My way. If we could get the twirling scarves with that tune and H.M.F.C related lyrics going at tynecastle I reckon it would get the atmosphere going which in turn would get the fans going and when the fans get behind the team, the team will perform IMO.

Anyone know who started the european song by the way?

Fair-play to whoever did.

Is it?

I think it's a good tune to get the fans and the team fired 5mins before K.O and i'm quite certain alot of other posters on JKB do aswell.

If someone could post the lyrics of the song, we could change them like a fan did with the european song which is the tune to Frank Sinatra-My way. If we could get the twirling scarves with that tune and H.M.F.C related lyrics going at tynecastle I reckon it would get the atmosphere going which in turn would get the fans going and when the fans get behind the team, the team will perform IMO.

Anyone know who started the european song by the way?

Fair-play to whoever did.

As well as not liking it, I just don't hear it as a 'get fired up' kind of song.

As well as not liking it, I just don't hear it as a 'get fired up' kind of song.

Agree. i`d never heard it before but just looked it up on grooveshark and had a listen. Don`t get how anyone would think that would get the players or crowd going??? :mellow:

My suggestions would be:

In Remote Part/Scottish Fiction - Idlewild (mostly for the Scottish Fiction part)

We're No Here - Mogwai

Hearts on Fire - Hammerfall

...a bit disco

should we maybe play the hearts song? that usually gets the crowd going!

This, or something like Big Country-Fields Of Fire.

I couldn't listen to more than a minute of it. It goes from just noise to giving me a really depressing feeling I can't really explain.

It's ******* horrific.

Albert Finney

I don't like music before the game, after a goal, at half time or at full time. I like to chat with the people 'round about me about the team, the match, what I watched on the telly! I also hate, and I do mean HATE, the stadium announcer (I refuse to even use his name)...he is irritating in a way that I can't even begin to explain. His nauseating chat with the former players at half time makes me feel physically ill!

Stupid Sexy Flanders

I don't like music before the game, after a goal, at half time or at full time. I like to chat with the people 'round about me about the team, the match, what I watched on the telly! I also hate, and I do mean HATE, the stadium announcer (I refuse to even use his name)...he is irritating in a way that I can't even begin to explain. His nauseating chat with the former players at half time makes me feel physically ill!

I agree that post-goal music is a hideous invention, but I don't mind the rest of the things you mention.

The music the team walks out to should either be the Heatrs song or something like Clubfoot by Kasibian. I also hate hate hate music played after a goal, it makes me think of a rugby sevens tournament or ice hockey and often drowns out crowd noise/singing.

I would like to here Scott play the Hearts song and stop the music just as the 'this is my story' line comes on so the crowd can take it from there in the same way that West Ham do with their song, it always seems to be sung with volume before their games.

This thread made me listen to that arcade fire song, now I like arcade fire but that song is middle o the road pish.

Hell aint a bad place to be ac dc, train to skaville ethiopians or transmission joy divison.

Or for the complacency poignancy aint no easy way BRMC

The music the team walks out to should either be the Heatrs song or something like Clubfoot by Kasibian. I also hate hate hate music played after a goal, it makes me think of a rugby sevens tournament or ice hockey and often drowns out crowd noise/singing.

I would like to here Scott play the Hearts song and stop the music just as the 'this is my story' line comes on so the crowd can take it from there in the same way that West Ham do with their song, it always seems to be sung with volume before their games.

Overused. Id hope we could muster a bit more originality than club fit.

tommythejambo

This thread made me listen to that arcade fire song, now I like arcade fire but that song is middle o the road pish.

Hell aint a bad place to be ac dc, train to skaville ethiopians or transmission joy divison.

Or for the complacency poignancy aint no easy way BRMC

As much as I think that is a great song, it's heardly going to get a crowd fired up, is it?

As much as I think that is a great song, it's heardly going to get a crowd fired up, is it?

12,000+ people dancin like Ian Curtis would have me at wood status, it is just a dream tho, nothin more nothin less.

What about the BRMC, that'd be gid?

tommythejambo

12,000+ people dancin like Ian Curtis would have me at wood status, it is just a dream tho, nothin more nothin less.

What about the BRMC, that'd be gid?

Not gonna happen though is it? It'd be indimidating for away fans though.

Don't know who BMRC are.

Not gonna happen though is it? It'd be indimidating for away fans though.

Don't know who BMRC are.

field_of_dreams.jpg

Field o dreams time braar, if you build it they will come.

Aint no easy way black rebel motorcycle club, check it on youtube man, class. If youve got taste enough for Joy division you'll prolly like that tae, different musak nae doubt, but good on its ain merits

Guest Bilel Mohsni

She's lost control again would be better than Transmission but BRMC's 'Aint No' is another top shout.

My best shout would be: 'One to Another', by The Charlatans... That would get everyone in the stadium fired up!

She's lost control again would be better than Transmission but BRMC's 'Aint No' is another top shout.

My best shout would be: 'One to Another', by The Charlatans... That would get everyone in the stadium fired up!

Transmission is a more non descript kinda song than she's lost control, tho digital or even dead souls, aye the build up to dead souls before the singing kicks in is brilliant, that be class.

Charlatans is a gid yin anaw.

marshallschunkychicken

Agree with the shout for 'One to Another'.

I remember a couple of years ago 'Right here right now' by Fatboy Slim being played at high volume before a Rangers game, which set the mood quite well.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Transmission is a more non descript kinda song than she's lost control, tho digital or even dead souls, aye the build up to dead souls before the singing kicks in is brilliant, that be class.

Charlatans is a gid yin anaw.

I just love the intro to She's Lost Control Again... the bass-line is a real good one for stirring you up! :woot:

Agree with the shout for 'One to Another'.

I remember a couple of years ago 'Right here right now' by Fatboy Slim being played at high volume before a Rangers game, which set the mood quite well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ur76VqAqrE

:thumbsup:

You've nailed it there Mothy. But I am a massive Charlatans fan. :santa1:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

You've nailed it there Mothy. But I am a massive Charlatans fan. :santa1:

One of the most rousing songs ever!

You going to the Biffy/Charlatans concert on Hogmany?

Taking the p*ss?

Albert Finney

Taking the p*ss?

No, I'm quite serious. Going to the football is a social thing for me...I want to talk to other supporters, sing songs, give a bit of "banter" to the away support, listen to the rumours from fellow fans. What I don't want to have to do is shout over the top of some truly dreadful piece of music, listen to the announcer use an ex-players nickname and then make reference to their not being all that good in a grating example of bonhomie! Honestly, the whole half-time thing does my head in...I am quite happy to watch the youngsters have a kickabout and then take a lap of honor but the rest of it just annoys me.

What do you mean I'm a curmudgeon!? How dare you! All about opinions though Mr Flogel. By the way, I LOVED Thomas Flogel too...one of my favourite ever Hearts players.

Albert Finney

WHOOT! WHOOT! PEDANT ALERT...it's just "She's Lost Control" not "She's Lost Control AGAIN". WHOOT! WHOOT! PEDANT! PEDANT! I'm sorry...this is as bad as those people who pick people up on spelling mistakes in their posts when they haven't got another argument! I'm not picking a fight! I'm not!

Im with finnie on the shite patter at half time, but a rousin number afore the game is still needed.

I absolutley detest the "mention" shite wilson does anaw.

well done to scotlands undisputed best football stadium presenter, arcade fire didn't quite see us take all 3 points , but what a great display and very unlucky not to win . nice touch at half-time to bring in scotlands finest athlete jambos fan eilidh child to make the draw.

Albert Finney

well done to scotlands undisputed best football stadium presenter, arcade fire didn't quite see us take all 3 points , but what a great display and very unlucky not to win . nice touch at half-time to bring in scotlands finest athlete jambos fan eilidh child to make the draw.

I think you might be giving him a bit too much credit! I'm fairly sure that his contribution to anything happening on the park is, frankly, non-existent! I'm also fairly sure you could play "Sunshine On Leith" before the game and it wouldn't have any bearing on the result...although it would serve to make me very cross.

Captain America

I'm with Albert Finney on this one, I can't stand Scott Wilson, he annoys me most weeks sure he is a nice guy but he does my head in.

I like Scott Wilson and think he does a cracking job.

Also unlike most of the other stadium announcers (i'm looking at you hibs!) he doesn't sound like a naselly little bawbag.

Song the teams came out to was pish though.

Get some Jimmy Eat World on the go.

Archived