Hately in the Daily Wrecker

JamboAl

Headlines about Kyle when all he really wanted to talk about was Kenny Miller and the Huns.

However he does point to Kyle's part in the M'well game and opines that if you stop Kyle you stop HMFC. Other teams seem to have thought that but still lost even with Kyle shackled.

More to the point: was he not watching Temps tearing his son up for arsepaper or was that too embarrasing for him to mention? Kyle needs Temps (and others) and they need him.

Diadora Van Basten

I think he has a point if you stop Kyle you stop Hearts.

A lot of people will not appreciate the job Kyle does but if he was not there then the ball would just come straight back at us.

A lot of people will not appreciate the job Kyle does but if he was not there then the ball would just come straight back at us.

Kyle reminds me of Jankauskas in that centre halves are so concerned about him that they all try and stop him playing however his work means that he drags them all over the place and then letting the likes of Rudi and Templeton to get into the space he has left behind.

Reminds me of the 05/06 team hence why we are scoring so many goals from midfield.

Miller Jambo 60

Kyle reminds me of Jankauskas in that centre halves are so concerned about him that they all try and stop him playing however his work means that he drags them all over the place and then letting the likes of Rudi and Templeton to get into the space he has left behind.

Reminds me of the 05/06 team hence why we are scoring so many goals from midfield.

Good post, spot on, a wee bit like Sandy Clark feeding Robbo.thumbsup.gif

The Treasurer

Was an appalling article which bore little relevance to Hearts.

Right now, I wouldn't much fancy our chances without KK up front. We'll need to find out sooner rather than later if Calum can do that job.

I think the straight answer is that no-one else at the club can do the job that KK does (at least not as effectively)

As and when he's unavailable then the style of play would have to adapt.

Hopefully we now have the personnel to be able to do that.

Stop Kyle and you stop Hearts?

Considering it takes teams 2-3 players to properly stop Kyle I think it just opens up the play for Skacel, Eliott & Templeton.

Was an appalling article which bore little relevance to Hearts.

Spot on. Couple of paras of faint praise for hearts and then the rest was on der hun.

I think the straight answer is that no-one else at the club can do the job that KK does (at least not as effectively)

As and when he's unavailable then the style of play would have to adapt.

Hopefully we now have the personnel to be able to do that.

The only player we have on the books that has managed to play that role successfully in the past was Obua vs Hibs at Tynecastle last season, in what was probably his stand-out game for the club.

Commander Harris

Considering it takes teams 2-3 players to properly stop Kyle I think it just opens up the play for Skacel, Eliott & Templeton.

This. ?that's why he's been such an important player. ?I was in a taxi the other day and some hobo driver was attempting to tell me Kyle had been a disappointment, presumably based on his goal scoring record, fact is he offers so much more than this. ?He's an absolute handful for defenses and he ends up ?drawing at least a couple of players in leaving our other 3 front players with the space to take the piss. ?Suffice to say the Hobo driver couldn't really comprehend this "but he's no really scored for you, no?" ?

Think teams are stopping Kyle as Hughsie says, which in turn is causing us to win, stop Rudi et al then Kyle will get more space, a great situation for us to be in I think!

If Kyle was to be unavailable I think 442 would be our best bet rather than shoe horning Elliot into the current set up.

Kello

Eggert Bouzid Zali Pala

Temps Mrowiec Stevenson Skacel

Elliot Elliott

Think maybe Ryan over Black in the 442 to add creativity in the centre and the defensive work of Mrowiec and the tracking back of the wingers would see us sturdy enough in mf. Neither elliot/t is a lone striker and together may do quite well. If against better opposition then maybe switch Black back in to add grit.

Hopefully we won't need to do that though.

This. ?that's why he's been such an important player. ?I was in a taxi the other day and some hobo driver was attempting to tell me Kyle had been a disappointment, presumably based on his goal scoring record, fact is he offers so much more than this. ?He's an absolute handful for defenses and he ends up ?drawing at least a couple of players in leaving the other 3 with the space to take the piss. ?Suffice to say the Hobo driver couldn't really comprehend this "but he's no really scored for you, no?"?

He's the club's joint top scorer on 7 goals. :S

Hibs' top scorer is Riordan on 6.

What a pleb.

Bang on! There is more to his game than just being a striker... when there's a pen on the go Kyle regularly steps up and handles it. This is the type of leadership a team needs.

Commander Harris

He's the club's joint top scorer on 7 goals. :S

Hibs' top scorer is Riordan on 6.

What a pleb.

apparently the penalty spot doesn't count. ?? :mellow:

Think teams are stopping Kyle as Hughsie says, which in turn is causing us to win, stop Rudi et al then Kyle will get more space, a great situation for us to be in I think!

If Kyle was to be unavailable I think 442 would be our best bet rather than shoe horning Elliot into the current set up.

Kello

Eggert Bouzid Zali Pala

Temps Mrowiec Stevenson Skacel

Elliot Elliott

Think maybe Ryan over Black in the 442 to add creativity in the centre and the defensive work of Mrowiec and the tracking back of the wingers would see us sturdy enough in mf. Neither elliot/t is a lone striker and together may do quite well. If against better opposition then maybe switch Black back in to add grit.

Hopefully we won't need to do that though.

This seems the most sensible option. Both Elliot(t)s buzzing about up front and both mobile enough to help out in midfield if need be. :thumbsup:

That's the point of Kyle. Send an extra man to deal with him and it opens up space for our other players like Templeton, Elliott and Skacel. We're into a good rhythm now, and teams still seem to strugle with the different ways we can attack them.

You could make the same point about any good team with key players but its easier said than done.

Its a conundrum for opponents. Tactics to stop kyle but what about Temps, rudi, elliot? We use Kyle the way we do because its our tactic but we would revert to a different team shape and use others in diff ways if he was missing. Wouldn't worry about it.

Yip we all seem to agree here. He's there to draw players in and opens space for the flair guys. I do think this is why it's important for quality distribution and thats where Ian Black has excelled this year, Stevensons inexperience means he makes the wrong choice for me a lot of the time. I hope Black is back for the ICT game, if so I expect us to be clinking.

I'll be shot down here but is there anybody we could raid from Motherwell (Gow) who has excellent distribution as Black will need back up/competition, I know I know before you all start but I'm thinking that JJ may be good for him.

Kyle helps create space for other players and brings them into the game. Baird was another to do this but didn't get the plaudits he deserved, infact he subject to some terrible abuse from a section of our support. Obviously Sandy Clark was the master at this role.

The worrying problem that i reckon KK must be getting close to points barrier for a suspension. Remember reading a few weeks ago he was a couple of bookings away and he got booked against the Sheep last week. <_<

Anyone know how close he is ? cos we will miss him badly. Got to make sure he is in that team on New Years Day. ;)

Seymour M Hersh

Well he couldn't very well say stop Miller and you stop Rankers now could he because that wouldbe telling the truth. If that ugly wee fake tan wearing ****** doesn't score then der hun struggle.

Yip we all seem to agree here. He's there to draw players in and opens space for the flair guys. I do think this is why it's important for quality distribution and thats where Ian Black has excelled this year, Stevensons inexperience means he makes the wrong choice for me a lot of the time. I hope Black is back for the ICT game, if so I expect us to be clinking.

I'll be shot down here but is there anybody we could raid from Motherwell (Gow) who has excellent distribution as Black will need back up/competition, I know I know before you all start but I'm thinking that JJ may be good for him.

I also thought Gow looked pretty good going forward on Tuesday night including an excellent killer pass for the equaliser. A player I must confess I've admired since he appeared on Robbo's radar.

I also thought Gow looked pretty good going forward on Tuesday night including an excellent killer pass for the equaliser. A player I must confess I've admired since he appeared on Robbo's radar.

Motherwell fans think he's rotten so he would be cheap :thumbsup:

Francis Albert

Apart from the pass for the goal I though Gow had a terrible game.

On topic, while Kyle is an important player, it is ridiculous to suggest the stopping him stops Hearts. Has Hately seen Hearts during this run before Tuesday?

Apart from the pass for the goal I though Gow had a terrible game.

On topic, while Kyle is an important player, it is ridiculous to suggest the stopping him stops Hearts. Has Hately seen Hearts during this run before Tuesday?

Andy Walker kept going on about how poorly he was playing, with the usual,

"He's much better than that!"

I think thats nonsense. There have been a few games, especially early on in this run when Kyle was anonymous and didnt contribute.

The whole reason we are doing so well IMO, is that you CANT stop us simply by stopping one player. Stop Kyle and youve got Skacel, Temps and Elliott to worry about. Stop Temps and youve got.......etc etc etc

Rudolf's Mate

Although I agree with the point that some are making that he's taking several players with him. I think people are going overboard that we'd be fecked without him. Stevie Elliott has started to really win me over of late and I think to 2 Elliotts would possibly form a good partnership that would run defenses ragged.

Something I think we'll see soon as KK will undoubtably go through the points barrier. IMO I can see Calum hitting the ground running when he gets his chance!

Whitecapjambo

I was actually meaning to start this topic the other day. I think at the moment he is one of 4 players we really couldn't do without. The others being Kello, Zal and Mrowiec.

These 4 provide a really solid steady spine which allows other around them to have the confidence / space to go and be creative.

As much as Templeton, Skacel, Elliott are doing great at the moment, I feel (once we have a few injuries back) we could cope with losing a few of them without drastically affecting the team. This was illustrated with Jonsson and Black missing out the other night. We have quite a lot of depth in wider areas.

I have really enjoyed watching Kyle so far this season. I commented after the 1-0 Aberdeen game that I hadn't seen a Hearts striker bully a defence like that for years. Even if he is not scoring goals he brings this every week. I don't really know how we will replace him in the current system if he was injured/suspended (which will definitely happen).

john brownlee

Kyle helps create space for other players and brings them into the game. Baird was another to do this but didn't get the plaudits he deserved, infact he subject to some terrible abuse from a section of our support. Obviously Sandy Clark was the master at this role.

before I read your post I was thinking exactly the same, Kyle has more options IMO and will soon surpass Sandy

KK again had a hand in the first and scored the second on tuesday, thats what he's been about. If he's not scoring you can guarantee he will have a hand in a goal in some way. I'm not saying we'd be lost without him but he's a very very important player and sometimes imo doesn't get the credit he deserves.

Much better performance than his last against Well, held the ball and linked play nicely. Yes he's scored penalties but at the end of the day you need to show composure to put them away and he does that, unlike Riordan!

J.T.F.Robertson

KK again had a hand in the first and scored the second on tuesday, thats what he's been about. If he's not scoring you can guarantee he will have a hand in a goal in some way. I'm not saying we'd be lost without him but he's a very very important player and sometimes imo doesn't get the credit he deserves.

Much better performance than his last against Well, held the ball and linked play nicely. Yes he's scored penalties but at the end of the day you need to show composure to put them away and he does that, unlike Riordan!

He did, but no one (that I've noticed) has commented on how well Elliott did to chip that ball into space, when Temps did his overhead job. He had very limited time and not a lot of room in which to get it over.

Radioactive Mince

He did, but no one (that I've noticed) has commented on how well Elliott did to chip that ball into space, when Temps did his overhead job. He had very limited time and not a lot of room in which to get it over.

I agree, that cross was outstanding. Elliott really impresses me with his movement. He seems to enjoy being the wide striker and has been, I think, very unlucky with his goal chances so far in maroon. Hit the bar a few weeks ago against Celtic and again on Tue. Two (?) goals in 12 appearances, two woodworks, one would-be screamer, one glaring miss so far that I remember - on reflection, after replay, a difficult chance to take - and maybe a few he's not quite hit right that couldn't be considered easy. I've a feeling there's a lot more to come from this boy, like he's still to go up another gear.

Double Ell would do alright up front together I reckon, provided we didn't expect one or both of them to be airbourne targets. We've shown we can play some great football in spells this season but keeping up that level of passing for the majority of a game is very difficult. That's the challenge awaiting us.

I feel if we were to play Temps, Calum and Stevo we'd be looking to play Calum slightly forward in relation to where Kyle normally is when we've got the ball in the final third, as he'd maybe prefer to take the pass rather than play one and maybe try to beat the offside. Similarly, Stevo might be suited to that role with Calum out wide as both are capable of a good delivery.

Good times. Tons of options in attacking positions with Suso, Driver and Pistol (our main attacking threat not so long ago) still to come into contention. Bish bash bosh.

EDIT: I can't stand Hateley, the perma-tanned, slick haired, tons of goals against us ringpiece.

Archived