Hearts poll in Evening news.

Dr. Bapswent

Chad Sexington
http://www2.jpscotland.co.uk/Scotsman/survey/HMFC/hearts_survey_march_08.htm

Not scaremongering at all.

I dont imagine any non-hearts fans will ever fill this in either, so its bound to be a true and representative survey.

pfft.

It's a fair enough survey if you ask me.

Do you think we are stronger in any areas from a year ago?

Dr. Bapswent
It's a fair enough survey if you ask me.

Do you think we are stronger in any areas from a year ago?

Nope I dont.

But this poll is already being touted as the largest poll of Hearts fans (not sure how you can say that till AFTER the results are in mind you)

And the questions are clearly obviously trying to get at the facct Hearts are in a worse position, I dont think yo uneed a poll to get the majority of fans to agree to that.

But if they make a song and dance of the poll, considering that ANYONE can fill it in, and pass it off as the views of the fans, they are basically not telling the truth.

The poll will not be representative.

Im not suggesting the issues are not valid, just that they will it is already being done, and the way they could use it could be even worse for the club.

I see its on VFG as well, where the point was made, that they might choose to 'Cherry pick' comments to print publically... whose will they pick? How can they be sure its hearts fan?

Weve already had 2 forum representatives on the air to discuss issues with degrees of success.

This is going to be even more widely distributed, and it is being done so with little or no care for validity or reliability.

As far as I can see from the poll (and ive done a bit of work in this sort of area myself), they have already decided on the results they want to recieve, and the questions are geared to back this up.

Chad Sexington
Nope I dont.

But this poll is already being touted as the largest poll of Hearts fans (not sure how you can say that till AFTER the results are in mind you)

And the questions are clearly obviously trying to get at the facct Hearts are in a worse position, I dont think yo uneed a poll to get the majority of fans to agree to that.

But if they make a song and dance of the poll, considering that ANYONE can fill it in, and pass it off as the views of the fans, they are basically not telling the truth.

The poll will not be representative.

Im not suggesting the issues are not valid, just that they will it is already being done, and the way they could use it could be even worse for the club.

I see its on VFG as well, where the point was made, that they might choose to 'Cherry pick' comments to print publically... whose will they pick? How can they be sure its hearts fan?

Weve already had 2 forum representatives on the air to discuss issues with degrees of success.

This is going to be even more widely distributed, and it is being done so with little or no care for validity or reliability.

As far as I can see from the poll (and ive done a bit of work in this sort of area myself), they have already decided on the results they want to recieve, and the questions are geared to back this up.

Fair enough, but I don't see how you can perceive the poll as "scaremongering".

If you locked 500 of the staunchest Jambos in a room and asked them the same questions I'm pretty sure the results would be the same.

If anything it's an exercise in stating the bleeding obvious.

Dr. Bapswent
Fair enough, but I don't see how you can perceive the poll as "scaremongering".

If you locked 500 of the staunchest Jambos in a room and asked them the same questions I'm pretty sure the results would be the same.

If anything it's an exercise in stating the bleeding obvious.

Yes, it states the obvious.

Which at the moment is not good.

But the more you talk about something, the more likely you are to convince others its the truth.

There maybe some open minded fans who are not fully convinced, and those who a 'Large Poll' would convice that the world is ending.

And the fact that the poll cannot be said to be fairly representative of the fans as it is open to anyone makes that a bit unfair.

Im not arguing that the results would not be the same, just that how they are obtained and may be used is not helpful.

Chad Sexington
Yes, it states the obvious.

Which at the moment is not good.

But the more you talk about something, the more likely you are to convince others its the truth.

There maybe some open minded fans who are not fully convinced, and those who a 'Large Poll' would convice that the world is ending.

And the fact that the poll cannot be said to be fairly representative of the fans as it is open to anyone makes that a bit unfair.

Im not arguing that the results would not be the same, just that how they are obtained and may be used is not helpful.

HAHA.

You mean there might be some "open minded" fans who on reading this poll will suddenly decide that maybe we are in a worst position than a year ago?

Bloody hell! These people must be the same kind of idiots who decide how they vote in elections by the last party political broadcast they saw.

If this survey catches the eye of Romanov then that can only be a good thing.

We have nosedived as a club in the last 12 months and any platform that shows the fans displeasure should be welcomed.

portobellojambo1
http://www2.jpscotland.co.uk/Scotsman/survey/HMFC/hearts_survey_march_08.htm

Not scaremongering at all.

I dont imagine any non-hearts fans will ever fill this in either, so its bound to be a true and representative survey.

pfft.

The only way any independent body could hope to attain the opinions of Hearts fans only, based on the questions they, i.e. the independent body, want to ask is by them contacting Hearts and asking for a snapshot of the database holding details of the season ticket holders at the very least (I say this because I do not think Hearts will have contact details for the figure which appeared in a poll a while back, which I think indicated we have around 390,000 fans), then mailing them with the relevant questions. There again I would doubt very much if Hearts would want an independent body to have access to their ST holder information, as Hearts would also want a say in how the questions were both phrased and asked.

Any poll which appears on line is accessible by anyone who can get on line, therefore should be treated with a bit of scepticism.

The true poll of how ST holders feel will become apparent during this ST sale period. Some people like to discuss such things as the ins and outs of the club on forums like this, others will simply not renew, and use that as their means of expressing their opinion.

Dr. Bapswent
HAHA.

You mean there might be some "open minded" fans who on reading this poll will suddenly decide that maybe we are in a worst position than a year ago?

Bloody hell! These people must be the same kind of idiots who decide how they vote in elections by the last party political broadcast they saw.

If this survey catches the eye of Romanov then that can only be a good thing.

We have nosedived as a club in the last 12 months and any platform that shows the fans displeasure should be welcomed.

Well not as basic as that. Just that a poll in a paper such as the Evening News claiming to be a poll of Hearts fans and a poll that is the largest of its kind, could have some sway over many people. And thats dangerous as the poll itself wont be that valid.

Chad Sexington
Well not as basic as that. Just that a poll in a paper such as the Evening News claiming to be a poll of Hearts fans and a poll that is the largest of its kind, could have some sway over many people. And thats dangerous as the poll itself wont be that valid.

Why is it dangerous?

People can make up their own minds about things.

Your argument seems to be based on some jelly brained simpleton reading this poll and being corrupted for ever.

Have you ever considered a career in film classification.

;)

Dr. Bapswent
Why is it dangerous?

People can make up their own minds about things.

Your argument seems to be based on some jelly brained simpleton reading this poll and being corrupted for ever.

Have you ever considered a career in film classification.

;)

ha ha :P

Are you suggesting there are no jelly brained simpletons at Tynecastle who dont believe what they read? ;)

Where can you view the results of the poll.

You cant as far as I can see. Its up to the Evening news how they choose to 'report' them. And thats partly my point.

portobellojambo1
Where can you view the results of the poll.

It would seem the results are going right back to some central computer within the source. Would assume that once they have collected all the results they will then print said results in the paper, and possibly on line.

I am sure they had a poll similar to that in the EEN last year.

They had one for Hibs fans as well.

I think the results will be a lot different to the one last year.

Buffalo Bill

_44090007_zibimalkowski203.jpg

RonJeremy_Grani_11666885_400.jpg

10273-17344.gif

Totem-Gaanaxadi-Raven-Crest..jpg

There nothing wrong with having a really big poll, as far as I'm concerned.

Buffalo Bill

Dr. Bapswent
The thing is that you can enter the poll however many times you want.

So it can easily be fabricated.

I bet all the Hibs fans are too respectful to do that. :confused:

Archived