The champany Inn.

Better call Saul

Better call Saul

I was thinking about taking my loving wife out for her birthday :cake:and heard about "The Champany Inn" We stay In Livingston so we hoped to have somewhere in west Lothian (Ish)

BUT I have also heard that its REEEEEEEALLY expensive

any of you Jt's know if this is the case or could maybe even recommend somewhere or it will end being the same old same old Beefeater :sad:

There is the "Chop and Ale House" at the Champany as well as the more formal restaurant, that might be worth a try.

Masimo in Livingston has been recommended to me by a couple of people.

Or what about Houston House Hotel, or The Torphicen Inn.

The Bruntonside at Torphichen is very nice and Livingston's in Linlithgow is good as well. Depends how tight you are I suppose. Valente's chippy in Bathgate does a braw fish supper.

BigCGilmour

Would thoroughly recommend Livingstones in Linlithgow, fantastic meal fantastic service - still pricey but well worth every penny in my opinion.

Also place across the road Marynka - serves fantastic food, great wine and is a bit cheaper - however last time wife went said it had dipped a bit in standard.

Never been to Champany but it's supposed to be amazing (and very expensive). Just been awarded its first Michelin star too.

Walter Bishop
There is the "Chop and Ale House" at the Champany as well as the more formal restaurant, that might be worth a try.

Masimo in Livingston has been recommended to me by a couple of people.

Or what about Houston House Hotel, or The Torphicen Inn.

Massimo`s isnt the best to be honest!! The best Italian in the Livingston area has to be Da Vinci`s, great food and great service.

I was thinking about taking my loving wife out for her birthday :cake:and heard about "The Champany Inn" We stay In Livingston so we hoped to have somewhere in west Lothian (Ish)

BUT I have also heard that its REEEEEEEALLY expensive

any of you Jt's know if this is the case or could maybe even recommend somewhere or it will end being the same old same old Beefeater :sad:

Went once, I think in 1990, and was sheckles under ?100 for 2 of us. :omg: I would go for the 'Chop & Ale House, been there loads of times and it is great and you don't have to take the 2nd mortgage.

Better call Saul

Thanks for all of this there are a few places posted that i never knew of

Anyway got the menu for champanys sent though from them ?32 for a sirloin

maybe'z I will not bother with there and you have to book WELL in advance so thay say and agreed about masimo's not heard very good things about it .

Whenever I have been the restaurant at Champany has never been full. It may have changed since it won the Michelin star though. It is a great place, with tremendous food if you like steaks.

It is extremely expensive though.

The chop and ale house attached is great too - and though not cheap is not nearly as expensive as the restaurant. Fantastic steaks and burgers - and great chips - there too.

Champany is a great treat.

Benny Factor
The Bruntonside at Torphichen is very nice and Livingston's in Linlithgow is good as well. Depends how tight you are I suppose. Valente's chippy in Bathgate does a braw fish supper.

I think Valente's went downhill years ago.

I think Valente's went downhill years ago.

But the owner's eldest daughter is worth queueing up for :P

Archived