location during construction

Gilamas

The following in the Hootsmon caught my eye:

"The other options included staying at Tynecastle with only three stands open on match days. This would mean the 17,400-capacity stadium would only be able to hold just over 13,000 fans. Also up for consideration were temporary ground-sharing arrangements with Dunfermline at East End Park and Livingston's Almondvale stadium, while the use of the 67,500-seat Murrayfield Stadium ? where Hearts have hosted European fixtures ? was also put forward."

Assuming clubs can still ground share:

Now, for reasons of rivalry, emotion and the plain fact that a lot of Jambos can be expected not to go to fester road for "home" games, I think we can discount there.

I don't think we will choose to pay out money in order to rent livi or the pars grounds - the capacities there are 10,000 (or less?) and if we use only 3 stands, we still have 13,000. So we save money (no extra rent) AND have a higher capacity.

So that just leaves Murrayfield. As it is not a ground under the jurisdiction of the SPL or SFA, I would expect that it is exempt from any ground share restruction rules - it would be deemed to be a stand alone ground as if Hearts were the only team to be playing there.

So if next season is a cracking one, we may switch to Murrayfield. If it's another mince season, we can stay at Tynie. I believe the announcement tat we have next season at Tynie is a case of Vlad (the club) giving himself (itself) another chance.

earlier this week on talk 107 sports news they reported that Hearts would be playing the whole season at tynecastle as we don't yet have planning permission for the new stand etc..

This new stand looks like a pipe dream that will never be realized, as far as VR is concerned, it keeps the fans happy that it is on the horizon, but will never be built. We are being duped 100%. Objections will be raised to the plans and then changed plans will be re-submitted knowing full well that there will be objections to then. THIS NEW STAND IS A MYTH.

Ryan Gosling
earlier this week on talk 107 sports news they reported that Hearts would be playing the whole season at tynecastle as we don't yet have planning permission for the new stand etc..

This new stand looks like a pipe dream that will never be realized, as far as VR is concerned, it keeps the fans happy that it is on the horizon, but will never be built. We are being duped 100%. Objections will be raised to the plans and then changed plans will be re-submitted knowing full well that there will be objections to then. THIS NEW STAND IS A MYTH.

Well if Hearts get planning permission for the stand a month or two into the new season, they can't demolish it while the season's going on for health and safety reasons.

davemclaren

We might never see a new stand but your whole post is just conjecture and opinion. But that's fine.. :)

Well if Hearts get planning permission for the stand a month or two into the new season, they can't demolish it while the season's going on for health and safety reasons.

Never happen, we'll still be talking about this new stand in 2-3 seasons time and where we'll play when it gets built.

Ryan Gosling
Never happen, we'll still be talking about this new stand in 2-3 seasons time and where we'll play when it gets built.

I think you'll find they will get planning permission.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
We might never see a new stand but your whole post is just conjecture and opinion. But that's fine.. :)

I really believe you are the new Julio (Sorry Jules, old mucker).;)

The following in the Hootsmon caught my eye:

"The other options included staying at Tynecastle with only three stands open on match days. This would mean the 17,400-capacity stadium would only be able to hold just over 13,000 fans. Also up for consideration were temporary ground-sharing arrangements with Dunfermline at East End Park and Livingston's Almondvale stadium, while the use of the 67,500-seat Murrayfield Stadium ? where Hearts have hosted European fixtures ? was also put forward."

Assuming clubs can still ground share:

Now, for reasons of rivalry, emotion and the plain fact that a lot of Jambos can be expected not to go to fester road for "home" games, I think we can discount there.

I don't think we will choose to pay out money in order to rent livi or the pars grounds - the capacities there are 10,000 (or less?) and if we use only 3 stands, we still have 13,000. So we save money (no extra rent) AND have a higher capacity.

So that just leaves Murrayfield. As it is not a ground under the jurisdiction of the SPL or SFA, I would expect that it is exempt from any ground share restruction rules - it would be deemed to be a stand alone ground as if Hearts were the only team to be playing there.

So if next season is a cracking one, we may switch to Murrayfield. If it's another mince season, we can stay at Tynie. I believe the announcement tat we have next season at Tynie is a case of Vlad (the club) giving himself (itself) another chance.

Don't worry yourself about it now. There a few more years to come before anything happens and Gretna won't be in the SPL next season!!!!

davemclaren
I really believe you are the new Julio (Sorry Jules, old mucker).;)

Do I get my own pet equine friend? :P

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
Do I get my own pet equine friend? :P

I have a wee hamster named Vlad.

Its yours.

No need for ebay.

Radio Ga Ga

Can I ask what you base this on ? I assume this is your opinion ?

For what it's worth I have seen the plans on a professional basis (can't say too much but it was to do with the planning application) and I can assure you that if it is a 'myth' then it is a bloody expensive 'myth'

The club have put a considerable amount of time, money and resources in to the project already if it is a 'myth'

Can I ask what you base this on ? I assume this is your opinion ?

For what it's worth I have seen the plans on a professional basis (can't say too much but it was to do with the planning application) and I can assure you that if it is a 'myth' then it is a bloody expensive 'myth'

The club have put a considerable amount of time, money and resources in to the project already if it is a 'myth'

time will tell then. But you watch the position being unchanged regards to the new stand. We will still be waiting and waiting.

Why is it other clubs don't seem to be left hanging around to get planning permission, yet ours seems to take a lifetime.

Dirk Diggler

Why is it other clubs don't seem to be left hanging around to get planning permission, yet ours seems to take a lifetime.

Like who?

a season at the lochend sangiro would do me,it's only ten minutes from my gaff:)

Bad luck mate. The stench must be horrendous.

davemclaren
time will tell then. But you watch the position being unchanged regards to the new stand. We will still be waiting and waiting.

Hearts can't control how the council work. For a development of this scale they are not going to give permission in a few weeks - like they did with my conservatory. ;)

By The Light..

New Stand - who cares?

Investment in the footballing side is needed.

Watch what is happening to Gretna as I fear that fate awaits us when our owner has extracted as much profit from his ownership as possible...

my conservatory. ;)

Middle class suburban Hearts fan alert. :)

davemclaren
Middle class suburban Hearts fan alert. :)

Mrs Mclaren's conservatory actually, and a rather grand construction it is as well. :eek:

Ryan Gosling
Mrs Mclaren's conservatory actually, and a rather grand construction it is as well. :eek:

And here it is!

bigConservatory.jpg

Dirk Diggler
And here it is!

bigConservatory.jpg

It's Bonnyrigg.

Anything with that amount of glass wouldn't stand a chance.

:peepwall:

I also live within 15 minutes walking time to Fester Road, but luckily the prevailing wind takes the stench away.

But even my proximity is not a good enough reason to go there and watch us play 'home games'. I think we should wait and see what happens next season.

Unfortuneatly I too think the stand will never happen( for various reasons) But ground sharing ( if allowed) would be a nightmare. Can you imagine the press when Livi or Dunfy claimed they had not been paid?

winston churchill

it's okay.i am west of the sangiro so the westerly wind does the job.

winston churchill
I also live within 15 minutes walking time to Fester Road, but luckily the prevailing wind takes the stench away.

But even my proximity is not a good enough reason to go there and watch us play 'home games'. I think we should wait and see what happens next season.

just think what we can save on bus & taxi fares.

grumpyjambo
a season at the lochend sangiro would do me,it's only ten minutes from my gaff:)

I take you are getting therapy?

Archived