The League Cup

Disser Pointon

Disser Pointon

I know it was a blow at the time as well but, given the form we have hit since, it is a real shame that we exited the league cup. As one of our realistic chances of silverware we would have had a real chance with this team and you never know how long you are going to have the same sort of squad/feelgood factor from one season to the next.

Oh well, just have to win the Big Cup.......AGAIN!

I know it was a blow at the time as well but, given the form we have hit since, it is a real shame that we exited the league cup. As one of our realistic chances of silverware we would have had a real chance with this team and you never know how long you are going to have the same sort of squad/feelgood factor from one season to the next.

For me the real regret at the moment is the 94th minute winner we let Rangers score through loss of concentration. That would have left us only 3 behind first place.

Disser Pointon

For me the real regret at the moment is the 94th minute winner we let Rangers score through loss of concentration. That would have left us only 3 behind first place.

I know what you mean but, realistically, over the course of the season, the cups are our best chance of honours. As much as we would like to dream we are highly unlikely to keep pace with both of the infirm till the end of the campaign.

I know what you mean but, realistically, over the course of the season, the cups are our best chance of honours. As much as we would like to dream we are highly unlikely to keep pace with both of the infirm till the end of the campaign.

Agree with this entirely. I hope the players will be locked in the Tynecastle dressing room with Billy Brown and Gary Locke screaming and throwing chairs at them in the lead-up to the St Johnstone game. It's time for us to really go for a Cup competition again.

I know it was a blow at the time as well but, given the form we have hit since, it is a real shame that we exited the league cup.

Who cares. It's a diddy cup, fit only for the Hivs and similar tinpot outfits.

For me JJ has a better team now than in '98. So I reckon this season we have a realistic chance of winning the Big Cup. I am certainly having a flutter on it. :smiliz64:

For me JJ has a better team now than in '98. So I reckon this season we have a realistic chance of winning the Big Cup. I am certainly having a flutter on it. :smiliz64:

I think we have a decent team now yes, but I don't think it's a patch on 1998.

Kyle may get in for Hamilton

Templeton would be worth a role somewhere (even if it meant a new formation)

Skacel might get a game or at worst be on the bench

Dare I say it, Adam may be of similar quality to Stephen Elliot but Adam was outstanding that season an you have to judge him on the year he won the cup

But who else?

The defence, despite the clean sheets isn't anywhere near as good as 1998. Bouzid and Zaliukas or Weir and Ritchie? It's an easy choice for me

Cameron and Fulton couldn't be dropped that season....

The more I think of it, the more I feel the 1998 team was streets ahead

Archived