Simmer Down , Lets not get Carried Away

Howdy Doody Jambo

Howdy Doody Jambo

A tremendous run we are on just now , playing well and scoring goals but as expectation mounts so does the pressure on the players which makes things twice as hard as teams will now see us as a scalp and will set their formations out differently .

ICT will be a massive test and should be seen as an incentive to Us to go out and beat them playing away for the 1st time in a year their away record is impressive and we should be up for that challenge alone .

Our team is still young and inexperienced in winning trophys , while the squad would need to be strenghtened in one or two areas for a final push going into the business end of the season where injuries , suspensions and the effects of a lon season kick in , thats when it really matters

Who knows what come May , but weve been where we are just now many times before

stirlingshirejambo

A tremendous run we are on just now , playing well and scoring goals but as expectation mounts so does the pressure on the players which makes things twice as hard as teams will now see us as a scalp and will set their formations out differently .

ICT will be a massive test and should be seen as an incentive to Us to go out and beat them playing away for the 1st time in a year their away record is impressive and we should be up for that challenge alone .

Our team is still young and inexperienced in winning trophys , while the squad would need to be strenghtened in one or two areas for a final push going into the business end of the season where injuries , suspensions and the effects of a lon season kick in , thats when it really matters

Why are people so obsessed about ICT great away record.

When they and us have been in the SPL in this calendar year we have lost one more game (Celtic ) than they have. The fact they went undefeated in the First Division is of little relevance in the context of this weekend?s match.

Yes they have one or two half decent players and rely heavily on them to score their goals.

I agree with what you are saying, I feel this will be our most difficult game of the season so far, I think a lot of pressure will be on the players because we are on a six game winning streak and a lot of people will want that to continue but we shouldn't really look at it that way.

If you just look at the fixtures, month by month, it doesn't seem such a big deal, we are two wins from two this month, going for a third. Five fixtures in total, we're just accumulating points just now.

There's nothing wrong with fans dreaming of winning the league and beating the Old Firm, there's nothing wrong with optimism as long as if we do finish 3rd, it's not looked at as a disappointing result, 3rd = Europe, that was our goal before the start of the season, it shouldn't change.

As for the game on Saturday, we probably have the best record against Inverness out of the whole SPL, we have won our last six games against them. Yes they have a good record away from home this season, five wins, three draws, no losses. Let's be the team to break their record. Let's increase this gap between 3rd and 4th to nine points, we need that gap to prepare for January.

I actually think it was a good thing that we conceded a goal on Tuesday, hopefully it means our defence won't become complacent and be fully concentrating on the job they need to do on Saturday.

I'm looking forward to all the jkb doom and gloom when we draw or lose a game.

Why would you look forward to your fellow Jambos "doom and gloom"

?

alwaysthereinspirit

?

Whoosh, get a grip. We know you're smarter than that.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Come on brah. If you can't get carried away now when can you get carried away?! Football is meant to be a laugh.

Spitonastranger

Aye lets no enjoy ourselves, winding up OF fans and hobos, lets go back to being dour, enjoy it while its happening, ICT are ok, but we should beat them at home on Saturday, i for one am enjoying myself right now and will continue to do so. JJ will take care of the players and us as fans will enjoy the moment. The one thing i would say is for all of us to be patient on Saturday. In JJ and the Jambos we trust.

We're now considered a scalp? We've pretty much always been considered a scalp whether it's by the OF (on our own patch, of course) or anyone else. Things haven't really changed in that respect imo.

What might have changed is that teams will lift their game against us a bit, plus they'll start to get wise to the trickery of our creative players and eventually figure out some way of stifling them. Hopefully a method which doesn't involve causing serious injury, of course....

I'm trying not to get carried away, mostly on the basis that if we get one or two injuries our efficiency could be vastly diminished, but it is difficult to keep myself in check. These are exciting times. :)

Rudolf's Mate

Whilst I kind of agree, you gotta admit the way we are playing it's hard no to be!

Ok so last night was not one for the purists however we ground out a result and IF we'd taken our chances we'd be out of sight. Despite being a bit disjointed in places we still had the quality to battle through.

That performance wouldn't have been enough against one of the uglies however you wouldn't have seen such a performance against one of them. We seem to be doing enough with whatever is put in front of us.

There will be plenty of up's this season with a few downs. Bottom line is I believe in the team and the manager & playing at our best anything is possible :thumbsup:

?

I was obviously referring to the anticipated knee-jerk reaction from some super-negative posters to our next defeat.

Whoosh, get a grip. We know you're smarter than that.

nah, gershwin said he was looking forward to the doom and gloom. i actually think some hearts fans are habitted up on being miserable feckers. who wants to be level headed all the time. i mean how far should this level headedness go? next folk will be saying dont celebrate goals cos the other team might score a couple later in the match. football isn`t about being level headed its about highs and lows and dreams of league titles are a part of that.

I'm not getting excited - but in 86 after the final whistle I went for a 16 mile run just to feel a bit of pain. I'm getting in training again in case there's a need for celebration.

Come on brah. If you can't get carried away now when can you get carried away?! Football is meant to be a laugh.

This

Back of the Bus

Aye lets no enjoy ourselves, winding up OF fans and hobos, lets go back to being dour, enjoy it while its happening, ICT are ok, but we should beat them at home on Saturday, i for one am enjoying myself right now and will continue to do so. JJ will take care of the players and us as fans will enjoy the moment. The one thing i would say is for all of us to be patient on Saturday. In JJ and the Jambos we trust.

Isn't that what supporting fitba is about? Being ridiculously over optimistic when things are going well (the ultimate highs) with the danger of feeling crushed if it all goes wrong (the desperate lows)?

Not that it will mind..... We have a good team right now and it's about time there was a bit of ambition beyong 3rd place, as unlikely as it may seem. David and Goliath folks.

I'd also prefer to be an a rollercoaster than a flat, safe road.

We are Hearts.

We have maroon blood in our veins.

Lets get it pumping!

Spitonastranger

Isn't that what supporting fitba is about? Being ridiculously over optimistic when things are going well (the ultimate highs) with the danger of feeling crushed if it all goes wrong (the desperate lows)?

Not that it will mind..... We have a good team right now and it's about time there was a bit of ambition beyong 3rd place, as unlikely as it may seem. David and Goliath folks.

I'd also prefer to be an a rollercoaster than a flat, safe road.

We are Hearts.

We have maroon blood in our veins.

Lets get it pumping!

THIS X 10

nah, gershwin said he was looking forward to the doom and gloom. i actually think some hearts fans are habitted up on being miserable feckers. who wants to be level headed all the time. i mean how far should this level headedness go? next folk will be saying dont celebrate goals cos the other team might score a couple later in the match. football isn`t about being level headed its about highs and lows and dreams of league titles are a part of that.

Did I? I think it's your interpretation of what I said, rather than what was actually intended by the words jkb doom and gloom.

You're right about me being a miserable ******* though.

**** it, let's get carried away and enjoy it while it lasts. ICT are going to get humped on Saturday by the best footballing team in the country at the moment.

Francis Albert

I'm looking forward to all the jkb doom and gloom when we draw or lose a game.

In the meantime you can get a fix of doom and gloom on pages 7 and 8 of yesterday's match thread, after we'd conceded our first goal in 503 minmutes.

alwaysthereinspirit

I live 3000 miles away and there is absoTutely no chance of me NOT getting carried away.

Every year for the past 42 I've thought this is our year. I'm always up for getting carried away.

If we dont at least reach the Scottish cup final with this team I'm going to be very disapointed.

You can see the team spirit oozing from these players. Callum Elliot had a cheeky wee grin on his face just standing waiting to sub on last night for Templeton.

JJ has these guys up for it.

Long may it continue.

I am carried away, it may be because I am getting to see more games on HW. This team are as good a team as I have seen at Hearts for a long time, and that for me includes the Burley days. There is an element of high skill in the team, but most importantly there is also an element of, to coin a hockey phrase, lunch bucket football. There is to me a good team spirit, excellent goalkeeping, and tactical ability on display by the coaching staff. Can we split the O.F, everything needed is right there, will we split the O.F., to some degree when dealing with Scottish football you have to pose the question "will we be allowed to" but the concern is not enough to have me jump off the happy train.

I think we have every right to get carried away, we've watched some total shite between Burley leaving and Jefferies returning. Also:

1. Jefferies is far more experienced now and looks like he knows what he's doing with regards keeping the players levelled

2. The old firm are shite

3. Temps, Skacel and Kyle are on fire

4. Wallace and Driver still to return

5. our challengers have nowhere near the squad that we do.

I think that this team is different and won't lose their bottle

Long way to go and ground still to be made up.

However, if I can't get carried away when Hearts are on their biggest crest in 5 years then when am I allowed to? If it goes tits up, so what? I'm a big lad and can take any grief thrown at me. If it continues then fantastic.

I'll tell you what - the feeling we had in 85/86 was the best I've felt as a football fan. The getting carried away is what I live for as a fan so if it's all right with the OP, I'm going to knock myself out for now.

Agree with robbo27-22 and other positive sentiments. Some fans are scared to dare or to enjoy themselves. Ffs, when we are m a fish run we pine for times like this and we should all be in high spirits. Of course theres a long way to go but fans have a part to play aswell, in helping the team believe in themselves.

I've always believed fans play a big part in the psyche of a club. If the players get constant, uplifting support from the stands and see others believe in them, its surprising the effect it has. Remember the big semi?

As long as we have JJ, BB & GL, they'll give a team that gives 100%.

That's all I've ever asked for in a Hearts side.

Loving it, just now.

Yeah right, OP.

But I've been thinking: which would be the best ground to win the title at? And if it was at Fester Road, what arrangements would be made to accommodate the large numbers wishing to attend?

Just asking, not getting carried away at all :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

If we win the next 4 games and Rangers lose one of their next 3 games we will be joint top of the table after beating Hibs. :thumbsup:

Hearts

Sat 18-H v ICT

Sun 26-A v Killie

Wed 29-A v St. Mirren

Sat 1-H v Hibs

Rangers

Tue 21-A v Dundee United

Sun 26-A v Motherwell

Wed 29-A v St. Johnstone

Celtic

Sat 18-A v Hamilton

Sun 26-H v St. Johnstone

Wed 29-H v Motherwell

**** not getting excited.

mahgrassyshoes

Agree with robbo27-22 and other positive sentiments. Some fans are scared to dare or to enjoy themselves. Ffs, when we are m a fish run we pine for times like this and we should all be in high spirits. Of course theres a long way to go but fans have a part to play aswell, in helping the team believe in themselves.

I've always believed fans play a big part in the psyche of a club. If the players get constant, uplifting support from the stands and see others believe in them, its surprising the effect it has. Remember the big semi?

Have to agree with this. All the times I've been to Parkhead & Ibrox I've noticed that they start to stand whenever the team gets into the final third. There is an expectancy there which underpins their winning mentality. I've noticed this starting to happen with the hearts crowd. I think that can only be a good thing.

As Jefferies said, we might not split them, but we have a good chance to push them close... and i think we will. This is going to be a very good year for us.

Archived