Real radio

Hagar the Horrible

Hagar the Horrible

Ewan is the new host of the breakfast show. so how will that leave rougie. The football phone in is car crash radio but it will be stale without Ewan, a bit like the Jeremy Kyle show hosted by DanielO)'Donnell.

I am glad I listen to classic FM in the morning :thumbsup:

Howdy Doody Jambo

Come on, what Ewan knowes about football you could write on the back of a postage stamp , that phone in is so predictable by the way you no what i mean no weejie old firm religous fanatics

Ewan is the new host of the breakfast show. so how will that leave rougie. The football phone in is car crash radio but it will be stale without Ewan, a bit like the Jeremy Kyle show hosted by DanielO)'Donnell.

I am glad I listen to classic FM in the morning :thumbsup:

:smiliz23:

I will now seriously stop the staff listening to this at work...I turned it off for about 3 months earlier in the year as I HATED Fat Cat and the Sleazy Auld **** Galloway, BUT EwHUN Cameron...That's a new low!! It'll be back to Radio 2 or Forth 1 in here!!

:smiliz23:

I will now seriously stop the staff listening to this at work...I turned it off for about 3 months earlier in the year as I HATED Fat Cat and the Sleazy Auld **** Galloway, BUT EwHUN Cameron...That's a new low!! It'll be back to Radio 2 or Forth 1 in here!!

Do you know what happened to Galloway - did he leave?

I wish there was a phone in for the Edinburgh clubs on the radio. I miss the forth one show on a saturday after the game as well.

Howdy Doody Jambo

I wish there was a phone in for the Edinburgh clubs on the radio. I miss the forth one show on a saturday after the game as well.

Talk 107 was excellent for coverage of the Edinburgh football and a better phone in to boot .

He got the bullet for a naked joke on Ed Milliband.

Oh didn't know that mate - used to listen to the show regular then noticed recently he wasn't on

He got the bullet for a naked joke on Ed Milliband.

He says he had told them he was leaving for pastures new anyway. Sounds to me like a bit of a stunt agreed between the lot of them - Galloway is leaving anyway and gets some 'shock jock' press on his way out, Real Radio get exposure without being held accountable for upsetting Miliband. Everyone's a winner.

And I agree with the OP to some extent...it wasn't really a football phone-in at all, it was the 'Ewen & Roughy' show. A major format and presenter reshuffle may be required and who knows, they might actually manage to get some people in who have something insightful to say about the Scottish game.

Snake Plissken

Used to listen c.2006 for a little while.

Didn't like it much so stopped listening.

The end.

Talk 107 was excellent for coverage of the Edinburgh football and a better phone in to boot .

Yeah you're right. It was Talk 107 that I meant. It was a good show to listen to on the way back after a game.

marshallschunkychicken

I really miss Talk 107. :(

Excellent news in my opinion.

I listen now and again, and I want to listenmore, but I can't stand;

- That 90% of calls are Celtic & Rangers

- Ewan.

The reason(s) I can't stand Ewan (and I hope you're reading this, coz I think I speak for many) are his contradictions.

He can't seem to decide between being a 'fan of Scottish football', Hearts fan, Rangers fan, or impartial presenter, so therefore changes his stance to suit the call.

It is this which casuses the largest percentage of listeners and callers to have zero respect for him.

It's possible this is deliberate to stoke-up interest and keep the OF firms fans tuning in,

but it totally spoils the show.

He also insists it's the listeners who set the agenda, not him!

If so, he could explain why

a) Only OF fans seem to be allowed on.

B) He spends 2 minutes at the start of each show SETTING HIS AGENDA and influencing the calls.

I certainly won't miss him, and I won't hold my breath for his successor to be impartial.

It's a shame, because the country could do with a decent phone-in covering all teams equally.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Ewen Cameron used to be a supporter of a pesh radio programme in the early evening slot but after he went to loony-land and decided he was a comedien, he came back as a san of Scottish morning radio.

As for Roughy... I suppose he'll just have to do some pilates and have his bottom two ribs removed so he can service himself now instead.

I think Ewan is ok - we should cut him some slack.

I head Galloway got sacked for playing a game wheer some of the staff stripped naked and there were kids in or soemthing on a school day who would've seen it. (note it was not the kids that had to strip)

:smiliz23: I will now seriously stop the staff listening to this at work...I turned it off for about 3 months earlier in the year as I HATED Fat Cat and the Sleazy Auld **** Galloway, BUT EwHUN Cameron...That's a new low!! It'll be back to Radio 2 or Forth 1 in here!!

i'm sorry but i can't let you get away with that statement.how can you dis miss harvey , she is an absolute honey

i'm sorry but i can't let you get away with that statement.how can you dis miss harvey , she is an absolute honey

Maybe Cat will get the football phone in gig. She knows more about football than Ewhun did anyway.

The bad press EC gets on here is embarrassing. He's a bit of a ###### sometimes but he is a Jambo & by all accounts he says will be returning to watch Hearts now with his kids since he doesn't work on match days/evenings.

Just a normal bloke trying to make a living.

I think Ewan is ok - we should cut him some slack.

I head Galloway got sacked for playing a game wheer some of the staff stripped naked and there were kids in or soemthing on a school day who would've seen it. (note it was not the kids that had to strip)

good to see you've done your research :whistling:

as for real radio. when scot fm sold up and headed west to become glasgow apologists i gave up listening.

if ewen wants to re-invent himself into a hearts fan, thats his shout - half season tickets are available.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

To all those who think Ewen Cameron is a Jambo... He said himself that he: Used to be a Hearts supporter but when work took him to the middle east, he returned to Scotland as a supporter of Scottish football and is no longer a Hearts supporter."

His words, not mine... he is a supporter of Scottish Football and he also thinks...

"It would be brilliant if the Old Firm joined the Premiership as then everyone in Scotland could pick a side to follow and every game would be like a Scotland versus England game."

The man's a complete feckin erse... End of.

The bad press EC gets on here is embarrassing. He's a bit of a ###### sometimes but he is a Jambo & by all accounts he says will be returning to watch Hearts now with his kids since he doesn't work on match days/evenings.

He's a weegie apologist and complete bell end to boot.

Hagar the Horrible

Well Ewan what is you own thoughts on this, and what will Roughy do without anybody to press the buttons.

To all those who think Ewen Cameron is a Jambo... He said himself that he: Used to be a Hearts supporter but when work took him to the middle east, he returned to Scotland as a supporter of Scottish football and is no longer a Hearts supporter."

His words, not mine... he is a supporter of Scottish Football and he also thinks...

"It would be brilliant if the Old Firm joined the Premiership as then everyone in Scotland could pick a side to follow and every game would be like a Scotland versus England game."

He said that aaaages ago though Mothy. Since then he has mentioned being a Hearts fan again on more than a few occasions, and did it especially vehemently in the run up to and aftermath of the last derby.

He might not say things I agree with but he'll be instantly less annoying the minute he leaves that show.

He's a weegie apologist and complete bell end to boot.

We already have a good few of them in the Hearts support, what difference will one more make?

sort of contradicts his username on here mind :rolleyes:

cannae disagree with your final analogy :santa:

Jambo? No

Journalist? No

An annoying presenter with a very limited knowledge of both the game and Heart of Midlothian in particular? Yes

We already have a good few of them in the Hearts support, what difference will one more make?

Oooooouch!!!

Harsh....but very fair. :lol:

Chad Sexington

Jambo? No

Journalist? No

An annoying presenter with a very limited knowledge of both the game and Heart of Midlothian in particular? Yes

Correct.

The man is an insincere cretin. :verymad:

Those trying to defend him on here should have a word with themselves.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

He said that aaaages ago though Mothy. Since then he has mentioned being a Hearts fan again on more than a few occasions, and did it especially vehemently in the run up to and aftermath of the last derby.

He might not say things I agree with but he'll be instantly less annoying the minute he leaves that show.

Ah now Red, you girlies are far too forgiving and nice... :rolleyes:

He is kind of my pet hate... Along with X-Factor, I just think that the world would be a better place without him in it. He had a chance to play up his former favourites on the show but instead he chose to run them down and even detach himself from them... Should we welcome him back with open arms after belittling the club to that degree?... I just cannot bring myself to... If he does come back to Tynecastle to watch games then someone should paint his seat green and blue.

The man is Diphtheria... The bad kind. :ninja:

Ah now Red, you girlies are far too forgiving and nice... :rolleyes:

He is kind of my pet hate... Along with X-Factor, I just think that the world would be a better place without him in it. He had a chance to play up his former favourites on the show but instead he chose to run them down and even detach himself from them... Should we welcome him back with open arms after belittling the club to that degree?... I just cannot bring myself to... If he does come back to Tynecastle to watch games then someone should paint his seat green and blue.

The man is Diphtheria... The bad kind. :ninja:

Sorry mate but this is absolute horseshit.

He wasn't happy like most fans when VR was making a James Blunt of things. And he was open about it.

Whenever we done well he talked us up a lot. In fact, I was surprised that Reall Radio allowed him to chirp on about his Jamboness so much as it can be offputting for rival fans.

Yes, he's a wind up merchant and a ###### etc but he most definately is a Hearts fan.

winston churchill

i thought his kids/kid loves ra sellik football club.

he will always be bill youngs tea boy.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Craigyboy,

His words not mine... Used to be a Hearts fan until work took him abroad, when he came back he no longer felt like a Hearts supporter and instead dezcribes himself as a supporter of Scottish football. This was said by the man himself on air... The VR bit came later on by way of an excuse.

Also, only affiliating yourself with your supposed club when they are doing well? You see this as worthy of praise? There is a term for such people... Rrhymes with Billy Bunter.

Guest Dipped Flake

Met her on a few Scotland trips and I can concur with your statement. Mind you we have both been p****d every time so my view may be skewed

kingantti1874

Sorry mate but this is absolute horseshit.

He wasn't happy like most fans when VR was making a James Blunt of things. And he was open about it.

Whenever we done well he talked us up a lot. In fact, I was surprised that Reall Radio allowed him to chirp on about his Jamboness so much as it can be offputting for rival fans.

Yes, he's a wind up merchant and a ###### etc but he most definately is a Hearts fan.

The ###### does nothing but pander to the vile institutions that are te old firm and hibs. He's a ###### of the highest order - has never given vlad praise for the many good things that have happened under his leadership.. Ewhun Cameron gtf

Is this a joke?

She is a fat minger :yucky:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

My link

The guy has had a hard time of it over the years.

Like I say, fair play to him. Hope he enjoys being back at Tynie.

:thumbsup:

I feel sorry for anyone losing their old-man, lost mine in April.

I remain annoyed by his fickle on/off support and his using of Hearts as a comedy element in his show as he pandered to the OF to further his career but...

Genuinely sorry to hear of anyone losing a loved one and hope it does not hurt too much for too long.

Archived