If we can catch Celtic, we can catch Rangers

mac

Well, we've still got to play them, right? Neither of them are playing that well at the moment, hopefully they'll lose a few points elsewhere - this is a really exciting time to be a Jambo :thumbsup:

It was mentioned on here earlier this week, we don't play either of the Old Firm from the 26th of January until the split. This is massive if we can keep these results going, I'm not saying we will win every game for the next two months but if we can keep this group of 12-13 players free from injury and suspensions, I'd say we have a great chance of winning six, seven, possibly even all eight league games, plus the Scottish Cup match between now and then.

After January, I'd be delighted if we were within eight points of the league leaders. If we are closer, even better. We will then have nine matches, all against teams that are currently below us, it's a great opportunity to gain points on both Rangers and Celtic during this period.

I feel if we can get to within four points of the leaders by the split, we will have a decent chance of beating them both to the title. We'd have to win every game after the split and hope they both dropped points. It's possible.

If we can beat Inverness this weekend - our most difficult game this season so far IMO - then it will really give the OF something to think about.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Let's just focus on winning each game. Our next two opponents have no reason to fear us given their own form so winning both games is a big ask.

Cheers Statto, that's cleared things up a wee bit for me - I'm definitely on the Happy Train!

Me too.....ALLLLL ABOARDDDDDDD!!!!!!!

Remnants of Standards

I think people should dampen their fevered brows for just a second. All this talk of winning the league is jumping far too ahead of ourselves, although as fans it's a natural thing to do, we may be setting ourselves up for a fall to the point where claiming third place will be seen as a disappointment.

Jj will be telling the players I imagine to just concentrate on inverness, what happens at hamilton and ibrox is out of their hands, especially when the OF ain't normally in the business of dropping points.

This isn't pouring cold water over the excitement currently enveloping the club, but a bit of a plea for a bit of realism, should things go a bit awry.

Archived