Steelmen - their view from their 239 fans

i8hibsh

http://www.steelmenonline.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=9411&st=40

I hate them, but they are quite fair in this.

The ref didn't cost them the game tho. Just like they were better on our patch, we were better today.

The ref was poor but in the ref's defence I dont think he saw the blocking of the free kick. I think both our penalty claims were penalties.

Guest Dr. Pepper

To the right of their shan opinions is an advert for the new Celtic home and away kits :what:

Canni believe the ref allowed Satchel to block the quick free kick... then never let them re take it... then booked Blackman for protesting :pleasing:

At a free kick you get the option of a quick free kick or wait for the whistle and the ref makes sure the nearest player is 10 yards away. You can't take a quick free kick and expect all players to be 10 yards away so you take your chances. They FAILED.

Not read their link but,

Our penalty WAS a penalty.

Our second penalty claim WAS a foul. Possibly outside but definitely a foul.

I don't know what Jennings said to the ref. Given this, I cannot get outraged at him being sent off for, apparently, saying less than nice things to the ref.

Commander Harris

Not read their link but,

Our penalty WAS a penalty.

Our second penalty claim WAS a foul. Possibly outside but definitely a foul.

I don't know what Jennings said to the ref. Given this, I cannot get outraged at him being sent off for, apparently, saying less than nice things to the ref.

Spot on. I've said it on another thread already - cant understand the ire directed at the ref - only real question mark is the red card and we dont have all the facts concerning that.

No real problem with the red card. You touch the official regarding a decision, you're off. Neil McCann got that totally wrong in the summary.

I don't like American football much but I do like they way they handle this stuff. Get involved with the ref...you're gone....either by the ref or your own coach.....and usually results in some very nasty fines by the club too.

givememychoice

1st pen was a pen.

2nd pen was IMO a pen. If you look at the contact, it happened just outside the box, but then continued into the box.

I dont really give a stuff about their red card. remember miko running to get the linesmans attention over a dodgy issue. Remember, mikos was not a barge or punch, it was being unable to stop in time. I still say what he did was wrong, BUT compare it to tonight. Not much different IMO and yet pundits etc sayings it is shocking, while miko's behaviour was shocking......

Carl Spackler

I've no idea what the Motherwell fans are saying on their site but they were booing like nothing on earth during the game. In my opinion they can have no complaints however. The first penalty was a stonewaller. The second claim was very very close to being a penalty, at the least it was a freekick. Yet they were booing Templeton as if he was diving. They know nothing obviously.

The Motherwell players were constantly shouting at the ref and the fans were getting on his back yet he was making the correct decisions in the main. The only dubious one for them was the freekick that Skacel stopped but maybe there's an explanation for that as mentioned above. I think there must be as it's quite a glaring one otherwise.

It wasn't a Motherwell penalty. A player had already been booked for dissent towards the ref and yet another player still thought it a good idea to manhandle him. Now the sending off might have appeared harsh but the point is they should have known better especially having been given a warning. Craigan could easily have walked too.

Hearts were well worth their victory. Apart from the goals we scored we had several other great chances and attempts. In particular Stephen Elliot should have scored twice. I think both times it was harder to miss! I'm not having a go at him though because I think he does a great job, works hard and sets stuff up. If he keeps getting into the positions he does he will score, no question.

So it wasn't as comprehensive as the win against Aberdeen but they really are poor. Motherwell are a good side and we made them look average. A cold Tuesday night at a ground that we haven't been that great at over the years. That's a good victory.

Roll on to ICT. They are decent too, should be a good match.

Archived