Kevin Kyle

Do The Dance

I thought the big man was excellent tonight.

The game tonight was precisely why I, and others, thought it would be a good reason to sign him.

His touch was immense all night long, and he constantly caused the Motherwell defence problems. He even showed a bit of pace at times.

He gives us a superb out ball at any time in the match. He may not win every ball, but he will contend for every single ball in his direction. He either wins the ball, or he puts enough pressure onto the defender for them to half clear at most. He encourages/berates team members when required.

In all a fantastic performance, and possibly man of the match (although what Templeton does in a match is something else).

Well in lad.

_48857690_kevinkyle_sns.jpg

kennyblack'sshot

I didn't want us to sign him. Take it all back now though! It's his attitude that impresses me as much as his play. He just takes all the stick defenders and opposing fans dish out to him and shoves it back in their faces by causing mayhem up front.

He's also much more of a team player than I expected. I always had an image of him as a bit of a prima donna for some reason.

He's been outstanding in both of the last 2 games.

The guy is absolutely pivotal in everything we do.

Is that 5 league goals now and 3 in the cup?

The players also love and respect the guy. He's our 2nd captain and an inspirational leader.

loveofthegame

I love KK.

Superb tonight. Always looking to bring the ball down on his chest whenever possible and not just aimlessly flick it on. He also, despite his size, puts in an absolute shift week in,week out.

However, 1st half we hoofed the ball to him far, far too often and it just didn't work. We have to believe we are a good side and can beat teams by playing football! Kyle is a huge, huge asset as a part of a flowing decent football team and he always gives us another option. Just don't want to see us using him as the easy way out. JJ's half time team talk clearly changed the style though and we used the long ball to KK much more sparingly and effectively.

The Old Tolbooth

The whole team worked like absolute heroes tonight, their work rate was immense but Kyle in particular was outstanding! He noised those Well defenders up all night to the point that the home support were giving him major stick, which means he must have been doing something right :D

Roy Croppers Handbag

My love for him is endless, between him and Skacel they are making me start questioning my sexuallity. :mellow:

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Is that a joke shop hand he's got there ? Its fecking massive !!!!!

:rofl:

He was good tonight. Looked much more of a goal threat than recent weeks as well.

I didn't want us to sign him as he doesn't score enough.

But now I've seen him more often I understand now that he isn't just about goals. He must be a nightmare to play against.

I wish we'd stop blootering the ball up to him.

Yes he's big but he is far better at playing a different type of game than simply a target man to flick balls on.

Sandy clark on the radio was saying that kyle gives as much to dressing room morale as he does on the pitch. Always talking to players and letting his opinions be known, and always in a positive way which brings others out their shells.

He appears to be too difficult to handle at times for defenders and his style of play allied to the diverse talents offered by elliott, temps, rudi and some others is obviously why teams just can't stop us right now.

Can't believe how bright our prospects are and it's actually quite scary to think what's within our reach.

Miller Jambo 60

He's a monster and I think I love him. :loved:

Hes a hard man Chad, wot we have needed since Sandy Clark.

We are on for at least a cup win, but i want the league. luv my hearts

Miller Jambo 60

I didn't want us to sign him. Take it all back now though! It's his attitude that impresses me as much as his play. He just takes all the stick defenders and opposing fans dish out to him and shoves it back in their faces by causing mayhem up front.

He's also much more of a team player than I expected. I always had an image of him as a bit of a prima donna for some reason.

Youve never seen me on a park lol

Sandy clark on the radio was saying that kyle gives as much to dressing room morale as he does on the pitch. Always talking to players and letting his opinions be known, and always in a positive way which brings others out their shells.

He appears to be too difficult to handle at times for defenders and his style of play allied to the diverse talents offered by elliott, temps, rudi and some others is obviously why teams just can't stop us right now.

Can't believe how bright our prospects are and it's actually quite scary to think what's within our reach.

It'll be interesting to see what Rangers do to try and deal with our attack when we play them. Will they do the 5 man defence thing? Surely Weir couldn't handle him physically, nor the pace of Temps. Bougherra is good but he can't mark everyone. If we get an honest ref who doesn't penalise Kev for every challenge, it should be very, very interesting.

It'll be interesting to see what Rangers do to try and deal with our attack when we play them. Will they do the 5 man defence thing? Surely Weir couldn't handle him physically, nor the pace of Temps. Bougherra is good but he can't mark everyone. If we get an honest ref who doesn't penalise Kev for every challenge, it should be very, very interesting.

Can tell you right now what they'll do. Employ the full box of dirty tricks. Nap.

portobellojambo1

I thought the big man was excellent tonight.

The game tonight was precisely why I, and others, thought it would be a good reason to sign him.

His touch was immense all night long, and he constantly caused the Motherwell defence problems. He even showed a bit of pace at times.

He gives us a superb out ball at any time in the match. He may not win every ball, but he will contend for every single ball in his direction. He either wins the ball, or he puts enough pressure onto the defender for them to half clear at most. He encourages/berates team members when required.

In all a fantastic performance, and possibly man of the match (although what Templeton does in a match is something else).

Well in lad.

_48857690_kevinkyle_sns.jpg

There were people leaving Tynecastle on Saturday, who were taking the line that Kyle should be dropped, because we beat Aberdeen 5-0 and he failed to score. Sometimes, I really do get the impression that some people who go to watch football matches don't fully understand what they are watching, and how the game is panning out, and why it pans out as it does. Our second goal was a perfect example. As the ball was about to be delivered into the box Kyle came short, to the near side of the box. Every Aberdeen defender moved with him. He was aware players were drifting into the box behind him and when the ball came his way all he had to do was step over it and Rudi Skacel was left with the simple task of scoring.

Both he and Stephen Elliott drag defenders all over the place, and as a result create spaces for others to score from. Just because Kevin Kyle isn't banging in a hat trick every week doesn't mean he isn't doing an absolute power of work for us. If he keeps attracting defenders and other players profit as a result I'll be perfectly happy. Alternatively if defenders choose to leave him alone in the box I'm sure he'll take over the mantle of scoring goals while they are marking the others.

Can tell you right now what they'll do. Employ the full box of dirty tricks. Nap.

Yep. I can see McCulloch employed in a hatchet role - would love to see him against Kyle if we had a straight ref. If he cripples Temps we should have a whip round to get some Sicilians over. Shame it is in Glasgow.

Yep. I can see McCulloch employed in a hatchet role - would love to see him against Kyle if we had a straight ref. If he cripples Temps we should have a whip round to get some Sicilians over. Shame it is in Glasgow.

I'm afraid that thought has been running through my head after his display tonight.

McCulloch is definitely going to be the man nominated for that task. Temps out for the season and only a yellow for him

I can visualise it now :verymad:

just think this time last year we had christian nade up there i know who id rather have!!!

Kyle is 10 x the player Nade will ever be, and he probably earns about 10 x less.

Hopefully Nade never gets another club and goes bankrupt and homeless :pleasing:

If he could....

Properly control a ball most of the time,

Shoot from distance with a vague threat at goal,

He would be at a much bigger club than Hearts.

He may be a "striker" but, by God, he does his bit for the team! In my book, that's why Hearts are doing so well this season - everyone's playing for each other and JJ has done a magnificent job in getting them all to sing from the same hymn sheet (no religious annotation intended!). Oh, and we have young Mr. Templeton! There is NO WAY Hearts will hold on to that boy! He's just too good! He should get a full Scotland cap NOW, he;' that good! - the boy's brilliant and his young age has nothing to do with it in my book!

Meanwhile, I hope The Janbos keep it going!

A bit drunk tonight and may have;

a) Got carried away

B) Miss-spelled Jambos

c) Got it right about Templeton, though!

Charlie-Brown

He's a modern day Sandy Clark, I can pay him no higher tribute. :)

As an aside - some worryingly poor defending from Falkirk's Darren Barr in those youtube clips.

If he could....

Properly control a ball most of the time,

Shoot from distance with a vague threat at goal,

He would be at a much bigger club than Hearts.

Bit harsh, is it not? He almost scored a wonder goal last night with a great touch and shot on the turn!

Clever footballer. Knows when to hold it and when to play it and his work off the ball is excellent.

Is pivotal to everything good about us going forward just now. Can't give more than he is. Goals from him are a bonus and he is getting his share but his link up play and the way he is terrorizing defenders is first class. Love the big fella. Have to say I was a bit concerned we would become a bit one dimensional with him up front but he is so much more than a target man. Workrate is second to none.

Big Kev was outstanding last night and held the ball up very well and scored a good penalty.

Joint top scorer now along with Rudi on 7 goals each!!!!

Craig Herbertson

Big Kev was outstanding last night and held the ball up very well and scored a good penalty.

Joint top scorer now along with Rudi on 7 goals each!!!!

What i liked about yesterday was when Kyle stepped up for the penalty he knew it was going to burst the back of the net and so did we. He's got bags of confidence and I'd absolutely hate to play against him.

Archived