A Home Win at Weekend will .......

Jambo1956usa

... open up a 9-point gap between us and 4th place, no matter what, and leave us breathing right down the OF necks!!! :santa1:

Then watch them start to squirm and get nervous, make mistakes, drop a few more points ..............

I'm starting to get excited about our prospects this season tbf!!

This could be our nest chance since Burley to do something UNBELIEVEABLE!! The opportunity is there if we keep it together and make a couple of shrewd trades in JAN to take us to the next level i believe :thumbsup:

I've been trying to stop myself even THINKING about the "unbelievable" for fear of jinxing it... but a poor-ish Rangers and Celtic team, who could hiccup if they get a couple of injuries, and I think Hearts could be in with a shout of the unbelievable... :)

We've got a larger squad of decent players than I can ever remember... and all this success WITHOUT Andy Driver, Lee Wallace, and Gary Glen. Amazing.

Very tough game at the weekend.ICT haven't lost away for over a year.However,the way we're playing we could end that pretty impressive record on Saturday.

The feckin weather better not get in the way!:verymad:

will take 3 pts anyway it comes this weekend, even if we have an absolute shocker and scrape it by the skin of our teeth!! :whistling:

In truth, i don't think we played particularly well tonight due to the enforced changes (illness/virus doing the rounds) and were somewhat lucky in a number of respects, and i will gladly take the same again v ICT if it means we open the gap on 4th and pressure the Septics at same time!!

Celts are away to Hamilton this weekend, so could drop a point, dont see them losing and then it would be game on for 2nd big-time :smiliz23:

Followed by 3 home games v Kille, St.J and then MWELL, before the go to Grayskull to play HUNS

Gers are home to Buddies this weekend (home win you would imagine) then 2 away games to UTD and then MWELL so could slip up and realistically drop points to both of those in next 2-3 weeks.

Realistically, by time we play Hibs on NY Day, we could be sitting in 2nd and within a couple of points of HUNS, if we play our cards right :santa1: :santa1:

Malinga the Swinga

ICT will give us a very hard game on Saturday and look dangerous going forward. We will need to hope virus amongst players clears quickly, and then we can hopefully give them the defeat required. Remember, this lot have drawn at Ibrox and parkhead and will be determined to get something from us.

I've been trying to stop myself even THINKING about the "unbelievable" for fear of jinxing it... but a poor-ish Rangers and Celtic team, who could hiccup if they get a couple of injuries, and I think Hearts could be in with a shout of the unbelievable... :)

We've got a larger squad of decent players than I can ever remember... and all this success WITHOUT Andy Driver, Lee Wallace, and Gary Glen. Amazing.

add in suso who was superb prior to injury and we're cooking with gas.

will take 3 pts anyway it comes this weekend, even if we have an absolute shocker and scrape it by the skin of our teeth!! :whistling:

In truth, i don't think we played particularly well tonight due to the enforced changes (illness/virus doing the rounds) and were somewhat lucky in a number of respects, and i will gladly take the same again v ICT if it means we open the gap on 4th and pressure the Septics at same time!!

Celts are away to Hamilton this weekend, so could drop a point, dont see them losing and then it would be game on for 2nd big-time :smiliz23:

Followed by 3 home games v Kille, St.J and then MWELL, before the go to Grayskull to play HUNS

Gers are home to Buddies this weekend (home win you would imagine) then 2 away games to UTD and then MWELL so could slip up and realistically drop points to both of those in next 2-3 weeks.

Realistically, by time we play Hibs on NY Day, we could be sitting in 2nd and within a couple of points of HUNS, if we play our cards right :santa1: :santa1:

I'm not sure I agree with that. The Penalty was deserved, we probably should have had another one and we had many more good attempts on goal than Motherwell (did Kello have a save to make?).

I would say that we were by no means outstanding though - and the victory tonight was similar to many Old Firm victories away from home down the years. i.e. winning through overpowering the opposition and having more game changing players (Templeton in particular) in our side.

I thought we might struggle tonight - but that was a massive result for us. Bring on Inverness...

Once the Derby is over we will have a very good idea of what we should be expecting from Hearts this season. As long as we don't do a Hibs. If we can take another 10 or 9 points from the games leading up to and including the Derby then 3rd should be secure and we shouldn't be smug about challenging for 2nd or possibly the league.

Dean Winchester

:unsure: Glen?

This game is gonna be a tough one but can't come quick enough for me

No one will know more than JJ what a win will mean and he'll have everyone up on their toes for this one.

The fans will be well up for it too and I can see a cracker of a game coming up

I think we have enough to sort out ICT at home, away record or not, TBH

COME ON!!!!!

What a random thing to say, unless you're related to him of course.

markletissier

Best run for a long time and it's been long overdue for us to be coming away with points from that shower Murderwell. I'm not sure about the title challenge hysteria that the Sky pundits were mentioning after the match but we're certainly looking to be a real strong side.

A strong and consistent centre half is an absolute must in January. Bouzid and Zal are absolutely spot on when they're playing well but you never know what could happen after the new year and in my opinion we have no-one who would immediately leap comfortably into their positions.

Dean Winchester

Best run for a long time and it's been long overdue for us to be coming away with points from that shower Murderwell. I'm not sure about the title challenge hysteria that the Sky pundits were mentioning after the match but we're certainly looking to be a real strong side.

A strong and consistent centre half is an absolute must in January. Bouzid and Zal are absolutely spot on when they're playing well but you never know what could happen after the new year and in my opinion we have no-one who would immediately leap comfortably into their positions.

Id be more worried about right back to be honest. Barr does not instil any confidence in me whatsoever.

If the game is on on Saturday (and judging by the forecast, that is a big if) we must play at the highest tempo possible. Get the ball to Temps as soon as we can and give it to him often. ICT will double, maybe even treble up on him which should leave enough space for Rudi and S Elliott to exploit, not forgetting KK. As I say, high tempo straight from kick off and a couple of early goals.................job done. :santa1:

loveofthegame

One game at a time is how I'm looking at it right now. We had a very tough game tonight and came away with a massive 3 points. We now have a very tough home game against the other form side in the league who have taken points from both Ibrox and Parkhead this season. We then have a v tough game away to the side who humped us in our last defeat.... etc etc etc!

1 game at a time lads- but wow i'm enjoying it!

Rudolf's Mate

At lunchtime I was saying I was haPpy with the squad and possibly just a defensive addition in Jan would be enough. I think we need a couple of players maybe 3 if we wamt to cement our position or even build on it

Archived