This ref

joshp

I know most of the decisions have gone in our favour and I think the pen was right, but this bloke really is an angry, moody wee dictator. Not a fan of his whatsoever, and I personally don't think the boy should have been sent off.

Thought the ref had a bit of a shocker (mostly in our favour). Called the pen right though, but bottled the other one (it was outside the box).

JennytheJambo

He must have said something, no other reason for the sending off but you never know these days.

Can someone correct me if I am wrong, was Craigan not booked for the penalty? then booked again for a foul near the end on Temps.

He must have said something, no other reason for the sending off but you never know these days.

Can someone correct me if I am wrong, was Craigan not booked for the penalty? then booked again for a foul near the end on Temps.

Not booked for the penalty or for his first minute hack either.

Malinga the Swinga

The ref called all the decisions correctly. He was also lenient with Blackman who could have received red for dissent earlier, at least I think it was him, and Craigan could have been booked after about 3 minutes, and then sent off for either penalty or for hitting Templeton with arm, so if anything they got away lightly.

This is the start of refs cracking down on dissent, and Hearts played him brilliantly, with no bookings, no dissent and playing to the limit of the rules with regards to taking our time.

a very poor performance from the official

for the sending off though, did the boy jennings point to the specsavers bit on the referees top and say something like "you should go there" ??? that may explain the sending off?

I think Jennings burst his BCG...

Was I the only one who saw him continually say "Im the ref" to the players tonight? He certainly came across as a bit of a ringpiece...

Agree very officious but if your clever enough, discipline wise, it shouldn't affect you

Motherwell weren't !!

(makes a pleasant change for us tho')

a very poor performance from the official

for the sending off though, did the boy jennings point to the specsavers bit on the referees top and say something like "you should go there" ??? that may explain the sending off?

This is going to sound like I'm taking the mickey but I'm really not.

Was thar just a wee story you made up or can you lip read or something?

It was a penalty!

Their's wasn't!

I do think the red was typical of the pedestal that referees put themselves on!

It doesn't take a huge leap of the imagination to see some Scottish referees make the transition to SS or MKVD uniforms!

Was I the only one who saw him continually say "Im the ref" to the players tonight? He certainly came across as a bit of a ringpiece...

Aye, pointing it at the badge etc. Authority & small man syndrome combined.

Bet he's a total lark at work.

Got the big decisions correct apart from missing Temps being fouled outside of the box.

He was strong in the face of intimidation and rage from the Well players.

Also, we've no idea why the Well boy was sent off so why even bother criticising him for the decision?

He did fine.

Got the big decisions correct apart from missing Temps being fouled outside of the box.

Also, we've no idea why the Well boy was sent off so why even bother criticising him for the decision?

He did fine.

:Agree:

Roy Croppers Handbag

I was under the impression he kept pointing to his pocket to let their players know anymore and they were booked...

could it be that the refs are so fed up with celtic they see us as the best of the rest and are trying to get us to overtake the mod edit, if so I'M UP FOR IT :thumbsup:

I was under the impression he kept pointing to his pocket to let their players know anymore and they were booked...

Thats what I assumed.

He did fine.

i agree, thought he did well, motherwell and their fans were moaning from the start for some reason

Thunderstruck

I am sure Jennings had been nipping away at him and he may have offered one insult too many.

The Ref only had one strange decision and that has the free kick where Rudi nicked the ball.

The penalty awarded was correct.

The penalty they claimed was correctly denied. In fact it was a brilliant tackle by Zal.

The second possible pen for Temps. It was outside box and from some angles looked like a stumble. Seen then given, seen them denied.

'Well players did spend too long dripping about anything and everything and he did look annoyed by it.

Commander Harris

other than the straight red card (which I don't know enough about to make a judgment on) he got the main decisions spot on - although perhaps we should have had a second penalty when temps got brought down in the penalty box a second time. ?

EDIT: apparently was just outside the box, oh well - we should have had a free kick then - other than that he was correct. ?

Tiberius Stinkfinger

If the Ref has gone into the dressing rooms before the games and stated that the players will be getting carded for any backchat or be in serious bother for laying hands on him then he has every right to carry through his threats.

I like to think he warned the players before the game and I await clarification from the SFA tomorrow explaining that this is a new directive that all clubs must adhere to.....:whistling:

A very poor performance from the ref but for once his mistakes went our way including not spotting Hearts (Elliott I think) blocking their free on half way and resulting in a booking for dissent. I'd question his time keeping at the end and his non award for a blatant foul on Temps. I think like me he thought it was a penalty and unlike me did not think giving 2 penalties to Hearts was sustainable.

One thing is for sure that ref owed us for some of his incredible past decisions.

Just because the Motherwell 'support' is the most torn-faced bunch of arseholes outside of Falkirk and will boo anything that goes against them (chanting "cheat" at Temps :vrface:) doesn't mean we should fall into their trap of thinking he was conning them.

He did make a couple of odd decisions in our favour though. :smuggy:

He did fine.

Spot on.

What I felt, is that if Jennings said (not saying he did, this is a proposed example) "ref you are a cheat", I could see a red card.

If the ref says that the player was sent off in relation to comments made, then a red could have been perfectly valid.

Spot on.

What I felt, is that if Jennings said (not saying he did, this is a proposed example) "ref you are a cheat", I could see a red card.

If the ref says that the player was sent off in relation to comments made, then a red could have been perfectly valid.

This.

The free kick, he may have thought that the player who passed it back had taken the free-kick. Yes, it would have been taken from the wrong place, but to allow the game to flow it happens every week.

As I always say, clamp down on dissent and the game is a lot easier to ref. Clamp down hard and keep it consistent (there in lies the problem).

Craig Herbertson

Looking at the replay on the sending off, Jennings seemed to grab the refs arm first and then put his hand on his shoulder. I'm guessing that any intentional physical contact with the ref is an automatic card - but I don't know the rules on it. I guess Refs are not too happy at the moment and will be making a stand with a strict interpretation of the rules as a defense.

Me too,, just telling them I haven't forgotten my cards.

For me the sending off was justified if he said something OTT. The touch look soft but could of been more of sharp poke.

Said before that player should be booked for swearing or abusive behaviour towards the ref.

This guy was ref v Kilmarnock and thinks he is the centre of attention and really annoys me. Last night the same - has to stop play give a 1 minute talking to then carries on instead of a quick word in the players ear. Major drama queen from the Dallas school of ref's. That said he got most decisions right - just with excessive Shakesperian drama.

I thought the ref was OK. The penalty decision (for us) was a good spot by the ref as the Well player tried to very crafty by sticking a knee into Temps , thinking he would get away with it.

The Well 'penalty' was a great tackle , as already said, but the Well player who was red carded must be feeling a right tw@t today - the guy who was 'brought down' ended up laughing about it (he clearly tried his luck) and the nearest Well player to the incident knew it wasn't a pen because he ended up screaming at the linesman for a corner from the resulting save.

The red card was more than justified , the guy didn't have any justification for his abuse of th eref and the final straw was trying to grab his arm . A red card was well deserved, I thought.

As posted previously , Well were a bunch of whingeing moaners and were lucky to escape so lightly last night.

could it be that the refs are so fed up with celtic they see us as the best of the rest and are trying to get us to overtake the mod edit, if so I'M UP FOR IT :thumbsup:

Hahaha - I said this exact thing to my mates last night.!

It's a conspiracy!! :rolleyes:

I thought he let Craigan away with murder!!!!

He should have been booked in the first 3 mins for the hacking down of kyle(if the other defender hadn't been level then it could have been judged a last man tackle)

He should have had a booking for the penalty which was a deliberate trip.

The one he did get booked for was imo a straight red!!! i have watched it a few times and Craigan deliberately puts the elbow into Temps then pleads his feckin innocence!!!! dirty get!!!!

Word I'd use for him would be erratic. He gave a freekick for a foul on Barr which never was and then one of our players did something similar and he gave nothing. I think the Well players and support were on his back from the off and he took umbrage to it.

The one with Rudi blocking the freekick. If he didn't see it, what can he do?

That said, he was leniant with Blackman who commited a few fouls and seemed to be the leader of the dissent along with Lasley. He also could have booked Craigan three times and only did twice.

He called our penalty right and their claim right too.

For me, the sending off was a rsult of the 'well players being all over him from the start. If he'd been clever, he'd have taken a second to himself and realised he only needed to book the player to send him off, him being on a yellow already.

All that said, he was definitely an officious little gimp - the exact type of ref we seem to breed. The problem with that is that such a power tripper finds it too hard to take a second to think over a decision and therefore has the chance of overreacting more times than not.

Word I'd use for him would be erratic. He gave a freekick for a foul on Barr which never was and then one of our players did something similar and he gave nothing. I think the Well players and support were on his back from the off and he took umbrage to it.

The one with Rudi blocking the freekick. If he didn't see it, what can he do?

That said, he was leniant with Blackman who commited a few fouls and seemed to be the leader of the dissent along with Lasley. He also could have booked Craigan three times and only did twice.

He called our penalty right and their claim right too.

For me, the sending off was a rsult of the 'well players being all over him from the start. If he'd been clever, he'd have taken a second to himself and realised he only needed to book the player to send him off, him being on a yellow already.

All that said, he was definitely an officious little gimp - the exact type of ref we seem to breed. The problem with that is that such a power tripper finds it too hard to take a second to think over a decision and therefore has the chance of overreacting more times than not.

He only booked Craigan once mate,if he had done it twice he would have been sent off. :thumbsup:

He only booked Craigan once mate,if he had done it twice he would have been sent off. :thumbsup:

Oops! Wouldn't have put it past him, mind!

Aye, pointing it at the badge etc. Authority & small man syndrome combined.

Bet he's a total lark at work.

WTF? Really? So we want them to be all pally with the players and say "Och that's alright mate, don't do that again" or do we want them to command some sort of respect form the players?

I don't normally defend the refs but if players from either side are trying to influence him and he's telling them that he's not interested and he's the referee and also cracking down on dissent then I'm all for it.

I thought he was poor. Several basic errors that will have annoyed motherwell fans. That said, they booed almost every one of his decisions and the majority were actually fine.

The sending off is ridiculous. It cant (simply can not) be for the touch on the shoulder so therefore its for the language. If thats the case we'd seee every game abandoned.

The Motherwell player has said "stop cheating us" when he touched the ref, as reported in a couple of the online papers. If thats the case then the ref was right to get angry, given what happened with the strike etc.

Craigan was lucky to to stay on the park, he seems a decent honest blike, but moaned for the stonewall penalty and moaned when he put Temps on his arse with his shoulder. Either of these could have been a booking.

Temps other one was on the line so should have been a free kick, ref got it spot on with the Mwell claim, it was a great Robbiesque type tackle.

All in all we were well worth the victory, and should have won by a goal or 2 more!

Scottish refs seem to be as inconsistent as some of the teams.

Some of the calls he was making if it was against us i'd be raging.

Bring back the foreigners :thumbsup:

Archived