Berra!

BerraBoy

I think that Zaliukas has been real good so far this season. Week after week he performes well.

I think that since he has came back we have held well at the back but still i feel against the "Bigger" teams he isnt as good.

I am still not overly impressed with the rest of the back 4. I think going forward we are strong with Skacel but at the back i still feel theres a potential

frailty that could be exposed by the bigger sides in the SPL

I think that someone like Berra is far better at centre back than anything we have now and feel we should find centre backs in his mould.

I also feel when wallace comes back that he will add alot more.

On another note, Whats signings do you think will be made in January?

Tiberius Stinkfinger

True enough, we are on a real shite run at the moment conceding goals by the bucket load.

Definitely time to get the hole team punted.

noose.jpg

I think that Zaliukas has been real good so far this season. Week after week he performes well.

I think that since he has came back we have held well at the back but still i feel against the "Bigger" teams he isnt as good.

I am still not overly impressed with the rest of the back 4. I think going forward we are strong with Skacel but at the back i still feel theres a potential

I think that someone like Berra is far better at centre back than anything we have now and feel we should find centre backs in his mould.

not impressed with the back 4? we have had 5 clean sheets in a row and 7 clean sheets out of 8!! what the **** do you want then to do???

mahgrassyshoes

The above comments aside as they are the obvious (and correct) response... I've always thought that Zal was a bit of a big game player.

I also think there is more to our attack than just Skacel.

Chad Sexington

Whatever you say, Christophe. :rolleyes:

not impressed with the back 4? we have had 5 clean sheets in a row and 7 clean sheets out of 8!! what the **** do you want then to do???

I probably never explained myself well in my post but what i mean is.....as the season goes on, this run of form cant continue, obvioulsy i would love it to.

So i think that weaknesses will start occuring in the back line. IE. Zaliukas Bouzid.

So i think in January that a GOOD berra type player could be essential as it would strengthen that area is what i think is correct :)

I ideally the team stays strong and we play like this for the rest of the season but really i cant see it, ive seen collapses too much in the past.

Act now and benefit later i think :)

DuffKirkMacKenzie

Christophe Berra could replace Kucharski on the bench. Not good enough to replace Zal or Bouzid.

Guest Dr. Pepper

So i think in January that a GOOD berra type player could be essential as it would strengthen that area is what i think is correct :)

"EPL class" and limp wristed centre backs aint easy to come by, any suggestions?

Yes Berra is a better defender than Zal, Bouzid and Barr

The lad is proving himself in the Premiership, nuff said

Lets be honest here, Berra was an average defender. He was only really a bit-part player in the 2005-2006 season and not in the same class as Elvis or Judas Webster.

Whenever I see Berra play down south, he always seems at least partly responsible in the goals Wolves are losing. He is a competent centre half, but not a top quality one, much like Zal and Bouzid. He had a tendency to lose runners, and relied too much on his pace to cover up those mistakes.

Maybe I've been spoilt, but I've seen far better in Levein, MacLaren, MacPherson, Bruno, and the Elvis-Webster pairing, who could hold out better under pressure.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

*Rubs eyes with tightly balled fists and then blinks vacantly at phone's screen*...

I've gotta stop drinkin' at work, makes me think I see all kinds of bizarre things!

:o

Edgaras Jankauskas is better than Kevin Kyle.

Roman Bednar is better than Stephen Elliott.

These points above are about as relevant as the OP...

Yes Berra is a better defender than Zal, Bouzid and Barr

The lad is proving himself in the Premiership, nuff said

One of my workmates is a Wolves fan and he says the Wolves support are very far from convinced about Berra.

Good Championship player is what he claims most of them think.

To be honest, Berra has also been an absolute disaster at international level and any time I see him in the Scotland side I fear the worst.

He was great for us, superb in the SPL and an outstanding captain and servant to the club but I think we got a fair price for him and he's got a lot of improving to do if he wants to stay in the EPL.

I probably never explained myself well in my post but what i mean is.....as the season goes on, this run of form cant continue, obvioulsy i would love it to.

So i think that weaknesses will start occuring in the back line. IE. Zaliukas Bouzid.

I ideally the team stays strong and we play like this for the rest of the season but really i cant see it, ive seen collapses too much in the past.

[/quo

are you a hobo?

Lets be honest here, Berra was an average defender. He was only really a bit-part player in the 2005-2006 season and not in the same class as Elvis or Judas Webster.

Whenever I see Berra play down south, he always seems at least partly responsible in the goals Wolves are losing. He is a competent centre half, but not a top quality one, much like Zal and Bouzid. He had a tendency to lose runners, and relied too much on his pace to cover up those mistakes.

Maybe I've been spoilt, but I've seen far better in Levein, MacLaren, MacPherson, Bruno, and the Elvis-Webster pairing, who could hold out better under pressure.

I brought this up a few weeks back...........and I'm still licking the wounds :rolleyes:

I mentioned the fact that, whilst ok I'm only watching Wolves on MOTD, I never see CB there making last ditch attempts to clear when they are under the cosh?

Also I reckon Zal uses the ball far better once he has it

kingantti1874

What a dumb ass post!! I would prefer a vidic type to berra if im honest and while we are are at it we should target a player of ronaldo's style and ability up front.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Another point worth mentioning is that despite scoring 13 goals without reply in the last 4 games, none of them have involved involved a ginger midfield maestro from the penalty spot... I think we should be preparing for a dip in form from Rudi and Temps by acting now and putting them up for sale for January and using the money to bring back Stewart!

Not enough joined up thinking on this thread!

Miller Jambo 60

2 posts eh we will check you ootwhistling.gif

Yea youre right since Zaliukas came back from his contract dispute we have been nothing but shaky at the back, we are always worth a goal or two. Dont get me wrong Im not one of those who thinks you can tpost a critical thread when we are playing well but this is crazy. Big Zal has not only been tremendous but he has made an average Bouzid, Jonsson and Ruben look good too. A real leader.

On the Berra note, I thinkl Zal is far more of a leader than Berra but I actually think he is doing a good job down south. Some Wolves fans arent convinced but actually that all of them are dubious is a myth. They all have him in their starting line up, ahead of Mancienne. He has also been their stand in captain this season. Their opinion is that he is on a fast learning curve and starting to look like a premiership defender. They tend to think he is lacking a bit in pace as it happens, which is where I thought he excelled for us.

Berra doesn't play for us any more. He plays for Wolves. Just thought I would point that out since I am struggling to understand the jist of your post.

Archived