From Russia with love to down the pit

j1964m

Garry O'Connor agrees permanent Barnsley switch

Garry O'Connor started his career under Alex McLeish with Hibernian

Barnsley have agreed a deal to sign Birmingham City striker Garry O'Connor on a permanent basis on 1 January.

The 27-year-old Scotland international, whose contract at St Andrew's expires next month, has already enjoyed two loan spells at Oakwell this season.

Having scored three times in eight games for the Reds, he will now sign a deal until the end of the season.

O'Connor's current loan with Barnsley is set to expire following Saturday's home clash with Sheffield United.

Arnold Rothstein

Sixteen caps. Sixteen caps! What's Neil Doncaster going to propose that ensures that never happens again? :smiliz23:

Very little i'd imagine as Chief Executive of the SPL.

the windae cleaner

always liked him and his style of play .....shame he went off the boil ... would have taken him on loan till end of season as back up :thumbsup:

Carl Fredrickson

I may be in the minority but I liked him as a player. He done the donkey work for Rearend at the hobos and he is big and powerful. He could have been a good back up for Kyle....

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

And some Hobos thought he might want to go back there!

I travel to Barnsley for work quite often and I can assure you....

.... given a choice between Barnsley and Leith, I'd make the same choice as O'Connor. :thumbsup:

Archived