2nd Place

djh83

Well well, the players keep refering to "chasing for 2nd", and we're only 6 points off Celtic now...but 2nd place doesn't even get Champions League anymore because of the poor co-efficient. So even IF we pulled off the improbable and beat Celtic to 2nd we'd get nothing more than Europa League.

Do you all remember cheering on the opponents of ANY Scottish teams in Europe? Wishing nothing but ill on our fellow SPL teams? Constantly posting "F@ck the co-efficient"? Well that's came back to bite us.

It's not really come back and bitten us at all.

We won't finish second.

We'll win the damn thing. :pleasing:

Patrick Bateman

Do you all remember cheering on the opponents of ANY Scottish teams in Europe? Wishing nothing but ill on our fellow SPL teams? Constantly posting "F@ck the co-efficient"? Well that's came back to bite us.

I think you'll find Scottish clubs' inability to compete with European competitors and the desire to remain a footballing backwater is what will have cost us, not which team people on here decide to support :whistling:

Well well, the players keep refering to "chasing for 2nd", and we're only 6 points off Celtic now...but 2nd place doesn't even get Champions League anymore because of the poor co-efficient. So even IF we pulled off the improbable and beat Celtic to 2nd we'd get nothing more than Europa League.

Even if 2nd place this season was worth the qualifying rounds to the CL we'd get horsed out and end up in the Europa league so I don't really see much difference.

PLus watching Celtic, Motherwell, Aberdeen and Hibs getting humped by diddy teams was well worth it!!

It's not really come back and bitten us at all.

We won't finish second.

We'll win the damn thing. :pleasing:

teen_wolf_1.jpg

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

Yes because me cheering on opposition teams made a difference to the outcome of the games then the co-efficient , just meant that i enjoyed them getting pumped and fecking our co-efficients regardless

Yes because me cheering on opposition teams made a difference to the outcome of the games then the co-efficient , just meant that i enjoyed them getting pumped and fecking our co-efficients regardless

No I never suggested for a second who you were supporting effected results. It was purely down to poor performances by the SPL clubs as well as our season not starting as early as other europeans countries and diddy Division 1 teams like QOS and Dumfermline etc getting to represent us in Europe. But the point is..most people on here were WANTING that, to the bemusment of me, and now we've got it I dont see how we as Hearts benefited in anyway from the co-effcient dropping??

I dont see the logic.

One game at a time is my view. I can tell you one thing though, if we do end up putting in a title challenge I would still be disappointed with 2nd (proud though). I want the title as 2nd is still losing in my book.

Even though it's extremely unlikely we have a better chance than the hobbits of lifting the Scottish (which will never ever happen).

The logic being that a lot of people, me included, dont enjoy seeing Rangers, Celtic and whoever else having any joy in Europe and thinking they are the baws when they aren't. Also it gives them more money and so pulls them further away from us.

IF we were to finish second then would we not get a better draw in the Europa therefore giving us a better chance of making the group stages?

I will support other SCottish teams in Europe when it benefits Hearts and that is all.

yes i remember that.

i still wish nothing but ill on our fellow spl clubs.

and f@ck the co-efficient. going for second is for losers.

The logic being that a lot of people, me included, dont enjoy seeing Rangers, Celtic and whoever else having any joy in Europe and thinking they are the baws when they aren't. Also it gives them more money and so pulls them further away from us.

IF we were to finish second then would we not get a better draw in the Europa therefore giving us a better chance of making the group stages?

I will support other SCottish teams in Europe when it benefits Hearts and that is all.

Eh yes but the point being it used to get us CHAMPIONS LEAGUE and if we dropped out of that UEFA Cup as a fallback

No I never suggested for a second who you were supporting effected results. It was purely down to poor performances by the SPL clubs as well as our season not starting as early as other europeans countries and diddy Division 1 teams like QOS and Dumfermline etc getting to represent us in Europe. But the point is..most people on here were WANTING that, to the bemusment of me, and now we've got it I dont see how we as Hearts benefited in anyway from the co-effcient dropping??

I dont see the logic.

we havent benefited but it hasnt cost us anything either. we havent qualified for europe yet. we were sixth last year. as things stand - as of the end of last season the old firm benefitted most from a strong co-efficient. nothing has changed. if we end up second then ok you have a point but if rangers win the title and celtic are second then they will struggle to justify spending huge amounts of money without the guarantee of CL football then its back to f@ck everyone else and fOck the co-efficient.

Eh yes but the point being it used to get us CHAMPIONS LEAGUE and if we dropped out of that UEFA Cup as a fallback

Eh yes but your opening post suggested that there was no benefit of finishing second as opposed to third because there was no Champs Leage place.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

We would get pumped out of the qualifying rounds of the Champs League anyway. Who cares. Finishing 2nd would get us more prize money, better reputation, inspire Mr Romanov, increase crowds, later round of Europa League qualifying.

If we get second place then I'll be far too busy celebrating to care about which European tournament we are in.

I'll be gutted with only 2nd place... :whistling:

I'll be gutted with only 2nd place... :whistling:

Yeah, but if we got 1st we'd start an earlier stage in the Champions League than in the past so it would be shit. :lol:

Guest Dr. Pepper

:what:

Maybe if you saved this fred for the end of the season when Hearts had confirmed 2nd then fair enough.

However we wont finish 2nd, its not even Christmas :vrface:

And even if we did finish 2nd I dont care if we would miss out on another CL qualifier, we would get beasted and humilated, again.

Anyway, I doubt a Hearts fan posting "**** yer co efficient" on hmfckickback.co.uk from the comfort of his living room had any effect on the fortunes of Scottish clubs in Europe :facepalm:

Finishing 2nd isn't about qualifying for Europe for me, it's about getting one up on either one of the Old Firm.

The fact is, the low co-efficient is going to impact the OF much more than it will us. They'll lose a lot more money because of it than we ever will. :thumbsup:

I dont see the logic.

Let me explain it then.

OF get pumped in Europe. Why? Because they're pish. Co-efficient drops. As they are pish, they don't perform as well in the SPL. Hearts do. Hearts then get 2nd...get (dare I say it?) 1st. It's a cyclical effect. Pish in Europe, pish at home. Tremendous news for HMFC if it allows us to break the duopoly and Europe is Europe, we ain't going to win the thing, so CL or Europa is still a trip abroad :thumbsup:

Captain Lithuania

I dont see the logic.

So you support Hibs, Celtic, and Rangers? Let's be serious, we're probably one of the most disliked, perhaps even hated clubs in the SPL (by diddy 'rival' teams, but nevertheless still pretty disliked.) No one likes us, we don't care. We're Heart of Midlothian. If we're good enough to be in the Europa League, or even the Champions League, then we have to go out there and do the business on the park. After all. That's what it inevitably comes down to.

Only a moron can't understand why a low co-efficient is good for every team outside the OF.

If we were 1st or 2nd every year it would be different, but we are not so it is important that we have a low co-efficient. See previous threads for well thought out discussion.

My understanding is that 2nd place does get Champs League spot next season, its the season after that is in doubt. The difference next season is the Champions have to qualify. They will have two qualifying rounds in the champions half of the draw and therefore avoid teams from Spain, Germany, Italy and England. The team that finishes second will have three qualifying rounds, and if they got to play-off round they would play a team from top four countries.

Archived