MLB Free Agents

Tom Heaney

Hey Yankees How d'ya like them apples? :smiliz64::smiliz23::smiliz23:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5917145

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/mlb/columns/story?columnist=mcdonald_joe&id=5904891

Would like to think that the Sox throwing in a wee offer for Lee that they knew would be rejected took the Yankees off the scent that The Sox were really concentrating on Carl Crawford and allowed the Sox to get probably the best free agent hitter of this off season. Dunno whats left for The Evil Empire in regards of a big name off season signing. They tend to like try get one up on somebody, looks like they cant really trump anyone for now. Congrats to the Phillys, they must be over the moon

"The buzz is all Boston"

It was when the article was written 4 days ago B)

100% agree with the sentiment of your post tho mate, **** the Yankees :D

"The buzz is all Boston"

It was when the article was written 4 days ago B)

100% agree with the sentiment of your post tho mate, **** the Yankees :D

Correct Rab it was 4 days previous but all in all the off season activity for The Sox tops anything else with the 2 very good signings. Although the Phillies getting Lee is huge partly because "They" wanted him and mostly because he is possibly the best out there right now, thats some 1,2,3,4. Pitching certainly wins WS but I still think at this stage they need to add something else for the 162 regular season games.

As it stands I like where the Sox are at, Gonzalez and Crawford are significant upgrades. Pedroia, Youkilis and Ellsbury will all be healthy again, they have resigned Tek, mainly as a back up to help Saltalamacchia along the way. The pitching rotation, fronted by Jon Lester and Clay Buchholz, is banking on bounce-back seasons by Josh Beckett and John Lackey both of whom are most definitley capable of doing that, if so that makes it also a very good 1 thru 4. Bullpen is a work in progress and I think its their priority right now.

I know its only Dec and we are still almost 3 months away from Spring Training even, but I just cant resist getting into it :rolleyes:

Cant believe that we have got Crawford and Gonzalez. I thought we would only get one of them but not both. Its looking like a strong line up next year probably are strongest team for a few years. As you have said as long as the pitching improves/gets back to its best and we avoid the injuries to key players like last season it could be a very good season for us.

I don't think anyone would argue both Boston and Philly have significantly better looking lineups than the Yankees.

Good times B)

Watch for them doing something totally mental tho. Like King Felix from the M's for half their farm system and 2 billion dollars.

I don't think anyone would argue both Boston and Philly have significantly better looking lineups than the Yankees.

Good times B)

Watch for them doing something totally mental tho. Like King Felix from the M's for half their farm system and 2 billion dollars.

Interesting article on Felix and others

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2010/12/15/king-felix-untouchable/

Archived