rangers at ibrox re-arranged

1williegibson

1williegibson

the only possible date for this game to be played before march would be midweek around 18th and 19th january. there are no spare dates in feb because of the currents europa league fixtures. if the spl decide to play it on the 18th or 19th january (wouldnt surprise me as they are clueless) we then have the currents at tynie on the 22nd jan. that would also mean 8 games in a month (29 dec to 29 jan) if it is set for that date. otherwise the next free date would then become march. i can see it becoming an issue as they are already complaining about too many games.

Sydney from Sydney

They'll complain whatever. I think if our game with them at Ibrox had gone ahead we might have taken something from the game. This break because of the weather has given Rangers' injured players more time to get fit. If our form continues into January we might well beat them. The 'Well game will be our sixth game with an unchanged side. With Csaba even if we were winning he wouldn't have stuck with the same side. JJ seems to have things running on auto. Anyone remember when Dundee Utd won the league, I think they only used 13 players ?

Nucky Thompson

We play Hibs on Sat 1st January and the following Monday and Tuesday are Scottish holidays. Why not play them on the Tuesday with an afternoon KO.

We play Hibs on Sat 1st January and the following Monday and Tuesday are Scottish holidays. Why not play them on the Tuesday with an afternoon KO.

Old Firm game is on Sunday 2nd no ? Can' see them go for that one somehow.

Old Firm game is on Sunday 2nd no ? Can' see them go for that one somehow.

Two games in 2 days used to be the norm at New Year, Hearts would always play Dunfermline

after the Derby!

mahgrassyshoes

There was talk on here it had been re-arranged for the 21st of this month, and my wee brother mentioned that to me last night. But someone also said that Rangers were playing Dundee Utd (?) that night. Can anyone confirm or deny any of that?

Winston Ingram

There was talk on here it had been re-arranged for the 21st of this month, and my wee brother mentioned that to me last night. But someone also said that Rangers were playing Dundee Utd (?) that night. Can anyone confirm or deny any of that?

Dundee Utd v Rangers on 21st, yes.

Our game will be in January.

mahgrassyshoes

Dundee Utd v Rangers on 21st, yes.

Our game will be in January.

Perfect, cheers.

the only possible date for this game to be played before march would be midweek around 18th and 19th january. there are no spare dates in feb because of the currents europa league fixtures. if the spl decide to play it on the 18th or 19th january (wouldnt surprise me as they are clueless) we then have the currents at tynie on the 22nd jan. that would also mean 8 games in a month (29 dec to 29 jan) if it is set for that date. otherwise the next free date would then become march. i can see it becoming an issue as they are already complaining about too many games.

Its scheduled for Tue 11th or Wed 12th Jan along with the other 5 games that were called off on 4th Dec.

18th/19th are Rd 4 Cup replay dates, following midweek has all SPL teams playing.

Apparently the SPL haven't managed to get a hold of Martin Bain yet. Once they can get Martin sat down over a nice wee cuppa tea and a sandwhich he can let the SPL know when suits Rangers :smiliz64:

Two games in 2 days used to be the norm at New Year, Hearts would always play Dunfermline

after the Derby!

I'm sure I was at games where we beat Hibs (nothing new there then)on the Wed, beat Dunfermline on the Thurs (Johnny Hamilton scored near the end)and then lost at Firhill on the Saturday. Think it must have been 60's or is it just my old memory playing up again

Nucky Thompson

after the Derby!

They still do it in England over the festive period as well

I'm sure I was at games where we beat Hibs (nothing new there then)on the Wed, beat Dunfermline on the Thurs (Johnny Hamilton scored near the end)and then lost at Firhill on the Saturday. Think it must have been 60's or is it just my old memory playing up again

It would have been in the 60s as I think they stopped two games on the 1st and 2nd after that.

London Hearts would be able to confirm if your memory is good or not.

Archived