Out of Contract Players

ScottishSandstorm

ScottishSandstorm

I worry that we will have difficulty getting Bouzid to sign a new deal and that we will suffer because of it this season and next. If he refuses a deal then we could be looking at a case of Vlad-flu and that will really hurt our team right now with us dropping Adrian out of midfield or slotting Jonsson or Barr in. I also worry about who will play next to Zal next season. Ideally we can sign him up but if we don't then we could struggle.

Black is another player who I think we should get signed up now. He is playing great and although he maybe a long-term squad player, he fits in here and is good to have around.

Palazuelos however, I see as a player who should be released at the end of the year with a hand shake and a goody-bag. Seeing as we have Wallace and will hopefully look for a good young prospect at LB in the summer to understudy him until he is sold. His wages are too high for what he offers.

Who else is out of contract soon? I know Witteveen, Mole, Park, and Kucharski will be waving good-bye soon and hopefully we can get Balogh off the wage bill too.

Just a thought about next season and the importance of signing Black and Bouzid up.

I also wonder about a lot of these fringe players. Obua, Glen, Elliot, J Thomson, McGowan (Dylan and Ryan), Mulrooney, Stewart, Woods, Lyness, and D Thomson, when do their contracts run out and who will we keep and why?

I see Bouzid as the only priority in amongst that lot but I would also keep Pala if it is a reasonable wage. After his recent performances Black may just have sneaked in the back door also. The rest should be emptied to free up wages to add to the squad.

I see Bouzid as the only priority in amongst that lot but I would also keep Pala if it is a reasonable wage. After his recent performances Black may just have sneaked in the back door also. The rest should be emptied to free up wages to add to the squad.

Really?

Snake Plissken

Tie up Skacel ASAP.

Keep Bouzid and Black if the wage demands are not outrageous.

I'd sign a decent young left back with a view to being Wallace's long term successor as if Lee shows the pre-injury form once again we will struggle to keep him. We could get through January without signing anyone provided no-one goes.

Tie up Skacel ASAP.

I'd sign a decent young left back with a view to being Wallace's long term successor as if Lee shows the pre-injury form once again we will struggle to keep him. We could get through January without signing anyone provided no-one goes.

Bang on the money.

I'd also add Ruben to that list if the budget allows it. He's adapted pretty well to the left back role but if we were unable to sign a central midfielder then he'd be able to revert back to his favoured position as an alternative to Black. Maybe a cheeky one year extension would do the business in order for the young left back or central midfielder to settle in.

mahgrassyshoes

Unfortunately, I think Palazuelos has to go. He's one of the biggest earners left in the team and for what he's earning i think we are better off with 2 of Black, Mrowiec, Jonsson or Stevenson in the middle. McGowan is also still lurking on the fringes. I'd be sad to see him go because I think he's been more good than bad in his time here, and i think he is the best of our "back six"with the ball at his feet.

I think Bouzid has really improved over the last 18ish months and may look to try himself in England, but for some reason have a feeling Jefferies will have his eyes on a replacement. Am i not right in thinking Balatoni is out on loan getting some experience? Maybve JJ will see him as a long term replacement?

Kacharski, Witeveen, Park and Mole will (hopefully) be let go.

Stveneson is out of contract too, don't really need him and Ruben if JJ is thinking of bringing in another centre mid. Ruben is one of the highest earners though and so it could likely be him that is moved on.

Balogh and Obua are also big earners who could be on their way.

Bouzid would be good to keep as long as his demands are not ridiculous.

Rudi needs signed up ASAP, as does anyone else not mentioned in the first team squad who's contract is running out, as long as it is on reasonable terms.

Unfortunately, I think Palazuelos has to go. He's one of the biggest earners left in the team and for what he's earning i think we are better off with 2 of Black, Mrowiec, Jonsson or Stevenson in the middle. McGowan is also still lurking on the fringes. I'd be sad to see him go because I think he's been more good than bad in his time here, and i think he is the best of our "back six"with the ball at his feet.

I think Bouzid has really improved over the last 18ish months and may look to try himself in England, but for some reason have a feeling Jefferies will have his eyes on a replacement. Am i not right in thinking Balatoni is out on loan getting some experience? Maybve JJ will see him as a long term replacement?

Conrad's at Partick and not getting a regular game for a team who's defence is at the bottom of the first division on merit :(

Pople talking about Obua leaving are being a bit premature btw. He isn't out of contract until 2012.

Charlie-Brown

Conrad's at Partick and not getting a regular game for a team who's defence is at the bottom of the first division on merit :(

He got injured and subbed after only 3 minutes a few weeks back that's why he's not been playing.

Pople talking about Obua leaving are being a bit premature btw. He isn't out of contract until 2012.

Yikes! Thanks Csaba! Do you know when Baloghs contract is to as well?

mahgrassyshoes

Oops!:teehee:

He got injured and subbed after only 3 minutes a few weeks back that's why he's not been playing.

Do you know how he was playing before his injury?

Yikes! Thanks Csaba! Do you know when Baloghs contract is to as well?

By the sounds of this article it's til the end of next season so 2012 as well.

My link

In fairness I've got nothing against Balogh, he's a very able deputy to Kello. If we were to lose a senior GK I'd rather it was MacDonald. His contract isn't up until 2012 as well though so unless someone is willing to pay a fee, or if we're willing to waive a fee, we're not going to be getting rid of either.

Thanks RTJ. Interesting from Balogh. Looks like he'll be here until the end of his deal. Not a bad thing having 2 very capable back-up keepers, just as long as Baloghs probably quite high wages aren't stopping JJ bringing in one of his own targets.

Tie up Skacel ASAP.

We have a one year option on Rudi, it just needs signed by the board. I'm in no hurry what so ever of giving Rudi a longer deal. Rudi has showed in the past that he plays his best when he is changled to get a deal. At marsilles he thought he had made it so took his foot off the gas, it took a loan deal to greece then to us to get him motived again. Did rudi really play for us again after he signed the new deal to stay at tynie? Fair enough there was other issues at the time, but look at his spell in England and germany etc ? I think he is the type of player who needs the carrot infront of him to keep him going. So i would wait til towards the end before giving him the new deal and then on give him a yearly deal like they do at arsenal.

I don't think we will resign Bouzid, only because i think JJ will say he can get a better player for less money.

We have a one year option on Rudi, it just needs signed by the board. I'm in no hurry what so ever of giving Rudi a longer deal. Rudi has showed in the past that he plays his best when he is changled to get a deal. At marsilles he thought he had made it so took his foot off the gas, it took a loan deal to greece then to us to get him motived again. Did rudi really play for us again after he signed the new deal to stay at tynie? Fair enough there was other issues at the time, but look at his spell in England and germany etc ? I think he is the type of player who needs the carrot infront of him to keep him going. So i would wait til towards the end before giving him the new deal and then on give him a yearly deal like they do at arsenal.

I don't think we will resign Bouzid, only because i think JJ will say he can get a better player for less money.

I thought he didn't actually sign the permanent deal until the summer, shortly before being sold to Southampton. Could be wrong though.

He made his comeback at the weekend,on as sub.

Partick: Fox, Paton, Kinniburgh, Archibald, Boyle, Cairney, Rowson, Bryan Hodge, Erskine (Flannigan 85), Buchanan (Balatoni 21), Donnelly (Doolan 69).

Would like to see more game time for the younger players. It was good to see Novikovas come on and score, and if we are winning, it would be good for JJ to bleed more. A bad spell is never that far away at Hearts and then it's the wrong time to throw them into the fray, so give more of the youngsters a chance.

Would like to see more game time for the younger players. It was good to see Novikovas come on and score, and if we are winning, it would be good for JJ to bleed more. A bad spell is never that far away at Hearts and then it's the wrong time to throw them into the fray, so give more of the youngsters a chance.

In an ideal world the youngsters would get lots of chances but as you say a bad spell is never far away and that is why we should stick with what has been a winning formula for us. Not the time to risk throwing in unproven youngsters or tinkering. Fair enough when we are 3 up in games but even this season when we are playing so well that has only happened on a couple of occassions. Just like Temps they will get their chance to shine one day, if they have the ability, again like Temps, then they can prove that when the chance is there.

I think Bouzid is easily replaced in the summer to be honest.

I think that Vlad should push the boat out in January and sign as best a quality centre half that he can afford.This would bring Zali on further, give us depth of cover(Boozy's dropped) and if teams don't lose goals they don't lose games!

I would fancy us tol go close/win the league.

and i'm not on anything!

Footballfirst

To the best of my knowledge the following are out of contract

Kucharski

Palazuelos

Bouzid

Skacel (option for another year)

Robinson

Mulrooney (option for 2 more years)

Woods (option for 2 more years)

D Thomson (option for 2 more years)

Balatoni (option for 2 more years)

Deland (option for 2 more years)

Brown (option for 2 more years)

Mole

Witteveen

Stevenson (not sure)

Lyness (not sure)

Smith (not sure)

Kucharski

Palazuelos

Bouzid

Robinson

Mole

Witteveen

Stevenson (not sure)

Lyness (not sure)

Smith (not sure)

Don't know enough about the other young players but of that list only Robinson (and obviously Skacel) are must keeps for me. Bouzid is playing particularly well at the moment so hopefully finance can be found to keep him.

Charlie-Brown

Kucharski

Palazuelos

Bouzid

Robinson

Mole

Witteveen

Stevenson (not sure)

Lyness (not sure)

Smith (not sure)

Not fussy about those in bold leaving HMFC - it would be good if there could be some resolution to the lack of reserve team football or relaxing rules about loaning players out so these kids can get more competitive game time.

Kucharski

Palazuelos

Bouzid

Robinson

Mole

Witteveen

Stevenson (not sure)

Lyness (not sure)

Smith (not sure)

Pretty sure he is as during interviews this season he has talked about having to earn a new contract.

I'd also add Ruben to that list if the budget allows it. He's adapted pretty well to the left back role but if we were unable to sign a central midfielder then he'd be able to revert back to his favoured position as an alternative to Black. Maybe a cheeky one year extension would do the business in order for the young left back or central midfielder to settle in.

From what I hear, he's on pretty big wages.

If anything his performances at left back have strengthened his position in negotiating a new deal. I would be inclined to let him go unless he takes a reasonable drop in wages.

Back of the Bus

I think Bouzid is easily replaced in the summer to be honest.

I agree. Although Bouzid has been fairly solid of late, his distribution and reading of the game are sometimes rotten. JJ could probably get the same for cheaper.

How much is Gary Glen getting for a 15 minute half time kickabout every week by the way? He seems quite happy with it too.

Get rid.

I remember hearing Skacel has a 1 year extension in his contract upon reaching X number of games. Can anyone tell me if that's right? I think Rudi, Black and Bouzid will stay. JJ will fight to keep them, especially if we do something this season, i.e win the cup, split the old firm kinda thing.

Like to see us get rid of:

Balogh, Mole, Witeveen, Palazuelos, Bouzid, Kucharski and loan out Glen.

J Mac decent cover for Kello

Mole needs to move on

Witeveen too

Pall on too high wages and we have cover

Bouzid will be replaced by Barr

Kucharski has to go too

Glen needs a loan move and a kick up the arse!

Some youth will need to move on but hopefully will be needed for a lower league 'B' team?!

Like to see us get rid of:

Balogh, Mole, Witeveen, Palazuelos, Bouzid, Kucharski and loan out Glen.

J Mac decent cover for Kello

Mole needs to move on

Witeveen too

Pall on too high wages and we have cover

Bouzid will be replaced by Barr

Kucharski has to go too

Glen needs a loan move and a kick up the arse!

Some youth will need to move on but hopefully will be needed for a lower league 'B' team?!

Generally agree but think that we would need another centre half as having only Zal, Barr and McGowan wouldn't be wise. Also, if Ruben is to go then another centre mid from the wages he frees up so that there is competition for Black.

I agree. Although Bouzid has been fairly solid of late, his distribution and reading of the game are sometimes rotten. JJ could probably get the same for cheaper.

How much is Gary Glen getting for a 15 minute half time kickabout every week by the way? He seems quite happy with it too.

Get rid.

Glen will be on laddies wages.

Sexton Hardcastle

Balough has over a year to run it says on the recent website article.

Wouldnt be surprised if J Mac went out on loan again in Jan. There isnt much point having two back up keepers, earning full wages to sit about not getting game time. And im sure on the last Balough thread it was guessed that shabba spunked between 70-120k on him.

Cant see anyone parting with that kind of cash.

Get rid.

What do you expect Gary Glen to do? He is scoring goals in the 'reserve' games and has been on the bench but not brought on for a few weeks.

I think he is a good player and would score plenty goals if he was given the service the likes of Rudi and Templeton would feed him.

This. thumbsup.gif

Archived