Driver or Templeton?

michaeljambo22

michaeljambo22

To be honest i think driver is a quality player but now Templeton is playing so well on the left side maybe its time to cash in on Driver or could one of them be switched to the right and be just as effective at the moment i cant see how they can drop Templeton

It's a nice problem to have.

Driver will be reintroduced into the team slowly, I can't see him taking a place on either flank right now. If Templeton keeps this kind of form up for the rest of the season, I can see some big interest coming from clubs down south. We might need Driver next season if that's the case. But we've also got Novikovas, who'll be coming more and more into the first team in the next couple of seasons.

within the 4-2-3-1 shape and with the players in the form they're in, there's no place for driver in the team.

players drop out of availability and lose form therefore driver will eventually come back in.

driver or temps?

no contest... in the form he's in it's templeton with bells on. miles better than driver has ever been for us.

There will be further injuries and suspensions as the season unfolds. We're not going to have everyone available for selection and we could also lose players if the price is right. As LP said, it would be a good place. A choice for JJ if we ever do.

winston churchill

Having a talented player like Driver doing all he can to get into the team is a problem JJ will love.

when/if it happens.

As much as I'm a Driver fan, there is no way Temps, Rudi or Elliott could be dropped for him.

Also, the team set up just now seems to suit us perfectly so we can't change the shape to accomodate him. This is also a reason I'd be wary of spending/paying big wages on Bruno (if other rumours were true) because we would have to change the set up of the team. If we bring anyone in, it should be because they can do what Blacky and Aidy can do but plus a bit. Someone with a bit of bite who can also really pass the ball.

They don't come cheap, and we don't have the money.

Drylaw Hearts

Don't forget we've also got Suso coming back after the year too. The wee man was playing out his skin before he got injured.

Good point.

when/if it happens.

It will happen.

Eventually.

Don't forget we've also got Suso coming back after the year too. The wee man was playing out his skin before he got injured.

Really miss Suso. Hope he's back soon.

You need a squad, but we do seem to be over compensated in the winger department all of a sudden. Rudi, of course, plays wide left too.

So, we have loads of flexibility and we`re doing pretty well considering both Suso and Driver are out just now. I`m not one for promoting the sale of players like some fans like to at times, but given the unique situation it may be the right time to make a dollar on someone.

It would take one hell of a bad luck streak to have all these players suddenly injured all at one time so i think cashing in on one wouldn`t harm us.

But again, you never know when injuries, players out of form etc... might hit us......jeez! catch 22!

Driver has had injury problems for a couple of years, we really should have taken the money when we were offered it. Templeton will be off as soon as Vlad wants to sell though so, as he IS still with us then maybe Driver's injury problems will end up benefitting us, once Templeton's gone.

winston churchill

Driver has had injury problems for a couple of years, we really should have taken the money when we were offered it.

i take-it driver agreed to a move:rolleyes:

Creepy Lurker

At the moment, no-one deserves to be dropped, so no-one should (or hopefully will) be. Templeton had the same problem himself not so very long ago when Suso was playing out of his skin. What I would say is that we can't change our shape: if we're going to play with two wingers, we need two defensive midfielders. At the moment, that's Mrowiec and Black (yes, Black).

Competition for places is a good thing as long as no-one throws a strop. Fortunately, Driver doesn't seem the type and neither does Templeton...although I do wonder about Rudi and Suso. Time will tell.

From what I heard over the weekend it's not a problem we need to worry about for a good while yet! Speculation being that we are unlikley to see Driver again this season!

Driver has effectively been out for a season and a half. It would be a crazy time to try and cash in on him. We'd be lucky to get ?300k for him without a run in the team.

Wingers have off days and even when on form can drop out of a game. If we carry on playing like we are now we'll also increasingly come up against teams that play very defenisvely and will need players to unlock them. On Saturday I'd argue that only Novikovas could be described as an impact player. It would be great to have players like Driver and Suso on the bench for these situations.

It's a great problem. Not to mention Mr ?19k a week being dropped to the bench once Wallace comes back.

I must admit, I'd be happy to see Driver go (only after a run in the team in order to get more cash) and go with Novikovas as back up on the left to Temps, he has great potential and I think he'll be our best Lith to date.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

I think Templeton is potentially the best outfield player we've had in decades. His forms going to dip at some point though and thats when Driver will get his chance. Andy Driver is still a fantastic player.

Andy Driver and Temps? That would mean a left footer, come on now put your tea towels away you know what I mean, on the left wing and a right footer on the right wing, that is just so out there. If only Shankly, Stein, Busby, Fergie Cloughie and Paisley had done that think how good they would have been.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I seem to post this every time I see one of these threads but...

We need them both, the reason that The OF are so far ahead at the end of each season is because they have like for like quality that is ready to step in when they get injuries or suspensions. I am glad we have both and I am no hurry and feel no need to choose between either of them to be honest.

chester copperpot

Kello

Johnnson. Bouzid. Zaliukas. Wallace

Templeton. Skacel. Mroviec. Driver

Elliott

Kyle

What a frigging team likes. So many other players that could come in!

From what I heard over the weekend it's not a problem we need to worry about for a good while yet! Speculation being that we are unlikley to see Driver again this season!

Was it from Driver himself? One of Hearts medical team? JJ? OTherwise speculation is just what it is!

We_are_the_Hearts

Bizarre that we finally have the right balance in midfield and some people would revert back to 2 wingers. 2 wingers and 2 strikers would never allow us a run of form we have just now, it just leaves you too open and short in midfield. Think some people are under estimating the job that Adrian and Blackie are doing

Bizarre that we finally have the right balance in midfield and some people would revert back to 2 wingers. 2 wingers and 2 strikers would never allow us a run of form we have just now, it just leaves you too open and short in midfield. Think some people are under estimating the job that Adrian and Blackie are doing

Agree.

With the 2 players to come back in I would put Lee Wallace back in at left back with thanks to Palazuelos for doing a good job.

Driver at his quickest and best would replace Elliott for me. Can't underestimate how important having a pacy forward player is.

It's a great problem. Not to mention Mr ?19k a week being dropped to the bench once Wallace comes back.

I must admit, I'd be happy to see Driver go (only after a run in the team in order to get more cash) and go with Novikovas as back up on the left to Temps, he has great potential and I think he'll be our best Lith to date.

Is Pala on 19k per week!!! smiliz23.gif

Well at least he goes out to earns it. thumbsup.gif

No one deserves to be dropped so therefore Driver (and to a lesser extent, Suso) could be re-introduced from the bench at a pace that suit all parties.

If however, we built Driver up to the player who attracted the interest of the English NT under 21s, then it would be a dilemma.

...but a damn good one to have.

The bottom line is though peaople: if Templeton keeps up this form then he'll be have his own English call-up next season - and I'm talking Premiership, not Championship.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

You could also say that the work that Elliott gets through and the nuisance that Kyle causes is giving Temps and Rudi space and time to create and more importantly score goals. Who is Driver anyway ?

Miller Jambo 60

You could also say that the work that Elliott gets through and the nuisance that Kyle causes is giving Temps and Rudi space and time to create and more importantly score goals. Who is Driver anyway ?

Good question my auld mucker, im 50 and fitter.whistling.gif Ma Ha

Wallace will walk back into the team, Driver will compete with Templeton, Suso, Elliot and Elliott for the slots supporting Kyle.

Seymour M Hersh

when/if it happens.

At least he does not have to be rushed back as we currently have a player playing very well out wide. He will also have to earn his place which is a great "problem" to have.

It's a great problem to have. We can use them all. Templeton was involved in four goals on Saturday then substituted, and what did the sub go and do?

Most of the best football we played two seasons ago involved Wallace and Driver. Driver's been unfortunate with injuries but when fit has never let us down. Remember the last Tynecastle derby?

There will be further injuries and suspensions as the season unfolds. We're not going to have everyone available for selection and we could also lose players if the price is right. As LP said, it would be a good place. A choice for JJ if we ever do.

Spot on, this is not a problem, it's very much a positive :smiliz64:

temps is playing superb at the moment... lets see if driver can get back to his best form first and give JJ a real selection problem....

if its both in the same team or going with the same system at the moment, with blackie and adrian...time will tell..

The Treasurer

Driver's been unfortunate with injuries but when fit has never let us down. Remember the last Tynecastle derby?

Sadly far too many on here choose to forget this.

It will be great to have a fully fit Driver available but I'm sure even he doesn't expect to walk straight back into the team.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I never understand why people refuse to recognise that strong squads win leagues. Having to choose between these two players is a headache that I would like JJ to have for as long as is possible to be honest.

The Old Tolbooth

You have to go with players on "current form", so if Driver gets himself fit he would need to work his way back into the starting 11, but I honestly can't remember when we had so many attacking options (when players are all fit) than what we do right now, so if a team want's to beat us they're gonna have to score 3 at least!!

I think Templeton is potentially the best outfield player we've had in decades. His forms going to dip at some point though and thats when Driver will get his chance. Andy Driver is still a fantastic player.

:Agree: yes that's exactly what he is, so it seems anyway.

he blows me away. significantly better than any other player we've developed in the last 20 years. if he continues to improve then he's far too hot to handle in terms of keeping him.

Archived