Barney Battles

CHEA87

Anyone know what his goalscoring stats were?

He scored 44 league goals in one season (1930-31) which I think could be a record (not sure if Sam English or Jimmy McGrory equalled or beat it). Says on London hearts that he scored 152 goals in 88 games, but seen 133 goals in 148 games elsewhere. Prolific.

Interesting to see Battles he was capped by both the United States and Scotland.

Anyone know what his goalscoring stats were?

He scored 44 league goals in one season (1930-31) which I think could be a record (not sure if Sam English or Jimmy McGrory equalled or beat it). Says on London hearts that he scored 152 goals in 88 games, but seen 133 goals in 148 games elsewhere. Prolific.

Interesting to see Battles he was capped by both the United States and Scotland.

There was an excellent article about him in Issue 2 of eighteen74 magazine which is still avaiable :whistling:

GC

There was an excellent article about him in Issue 2 of eighteen74 magazine which is still avaiable :whistling:

GC

Where can I get hold of this? :thumbsup:

I'm a bit concerned by the claim in Wikipedia that Battles trained as a masseuse towards the end of his playing career. I do hope that they mean a masseur; the alternative would be a rather painful procedure!

Archived