Hearts announce partnership with Saab

Ray Winstone

Remember the 'hullabaloo' last time we ditched Chatham Honda? Fun times indeed.

Anyway new partnership with Saab announced.

My link

Apologies if posted already.

At least the players will be driving about in nice cars now then :whistling:

What happened to the Citroen deal?

rudi must stay

At least the players will be driving about in nice cars now then :whistling:

What happened to the Citroen deal?

they must be ditched, there's a sponsors page in the programme and they're not there anymore.

Now I'm not one to complain, but I am irked by this:-

"Hearts really is at the heart of the local community and many of our customers and staff are huge fans, so we were only too happy to lend our support to the club."

Who writes this stuff? Surely this ought to read "Heart of Midlothian really is at the heart ..."

The use, or misuse, of the word 'Hearts' on the main site annoys me. We ought to use the clubs name properly!

:verymad:

Saab, delightful cars, and I will take if offered, but were they not in danger of being closed down by their owners? Has this changed?

The whole fleet will be back in the workshop before long with all the Diesel Particualte Filters needing replaced at a cost of ?1000 each.

Not that i needed mine replacing recently of course.

Saab's suck. (Well the GM ones anyway!) :verymad:

Saab, delightful cars, and I will take if offered, but were they not in danger of being closed down by their owners? Has this changed?

GM sold them to Spyker http://www.spykercars.nl/?pag=1

As for the problems mentioned by mrmarkus, I've had mine for 4 years (85k ish miles) and had no real problems.

Also had one of the last Saabs (pre GM) and it was great, especially when some **** in a Citreon ran into me!

Bought my 9-3 with 15000 miles on the clock 4 years ago.

Not a year gone by without ?500 - ?1500 needing spent (not on wear and tear either!

Was my first and will be my last :down:

Did Jefferies ask for the SAAB? Was the deal done above his head? Will he be made to drive it?

We must demand answers!

Remember the 'hullabaloo' last time we ditched Chatham Honda? Fun times indeed.

Anyway new partnership with Saab announced.

My link

Apologies if posted already.

As i understand it, Honda have now ditched Chatham :whistling:

The cars are unlikely to find there way to any players though, none of them are old enough to be driving a Saab :ninja:

itsnomarooned

As i understand it, Honda have now ditched Chatham :whistling:

The cars are unlikely to find there way to any players though, none of them are old enough to be driving a Saab :ninja:

Honda and Chatham have indeed parted ways - I got a letter from them 'cos I have a Honda (fantastic car!). Obviously it didn't go into detail about who instigated the parting but possibly something to do with Honda wishing to open a dealership at Newcraighall and Chatham not being keen on moving (unsubstantiated rumour). The letter said something about a "flagship" Skoda dealership - hmm, ya beauty - and also partnering soon with Great Wall Motors (Chinese unsurprisingly).

As for SAABs, I like the look of them but have never owned/driven one. Aren't they the same stable as Vauxhall/Opel?

Honda and Chatham have indeed parted ways - I got a letter from them 'cos I have a Honda (fantastic car!). Obviously it didn't go into detail about who instigated the parting but possibly something to do with Honda wishing to open a dealership at Newcraighall and Chatham not being keen on moving (unsubstantiated rumour). The letter said something about a "flagship" Skoda dealership - hmm, ya beauty - and also partnering soon with Great Wall Motors (Chinese unsurprisingly).

As for SAABs, I like the look of them but have never owned/driven one. Aren't they the same stable as Vauxhall/Opel?

Pretty sure Saabs (maybe the 9-3) are just tarted up Vectras.

I quite fancy a saab. Well i did untill the post about it costing him ?500 - ?1500 a year!!

My tongue in cheek comment about players being too young was mainly as it's not seen as a young persons car. Apparently a safe, reliable, (at least they used to be) option. As a Vectra driver, and going on peoples views above, i think i'm less qualified than i first imagined to be commenting on how good or bad a Saab car is.

Pretty sure Saabs (maybe the 9-3) are just tarted up Vectras.

Saab was owned by GM and the 93 was basically a Vectra in a fur coat, (i.e. Slightly better design) but as per earlier post, the company was sold last year.

I'd certainly have one before a 3 series, but probably not before an A4 (driven both in the recent past). Be interesting to see their new offerings.

Archived