If we can make it to january still in the hunt

Moriarty

I can see VR releasing some funds :thumbsup:

For the sake of discussion, if VR made some dosh available for JJ to strengthen for a push in the new year, where would you spend it?

Personally I think a really top quality right back would complete this team.

I can see VR releasing some funds :thumbsup:

For the sake of discussion, if VR made some dosh available for JJ to strengthen for a push in the new year, where would you spend it?

Personally I think a really top quality right back would complete this team.

Jonsson and the Thompson twins are good enough for me. If we hold onto all our players in January with the exception of Obua I'll be delighted - given that Wallace and Driver are to come back.

The 2 areas with least cover are centre back and central midfield.

If we get funds then we need to get Rudi signed up on a longer deal.

The story was that we had a 1 year deal with a 1 year option.

I hope that it is the club who own the option - and that they get another one when he signs up!

However I only think we'll get one player in Jan

How many do you think we'll lose? Could be a few bids coming in for some of our players smiliz23.gif

I don't think Vlad will release funds in January but hopefully next summer.

We keep talking about summer clear outs and lets hope we can get shot of quite a few who aren't going to get a look in.

Then even if we sell Wallace or Driver lets see quality over quantity :thumbsup:

ToadKiller Dog

Depends on how Vlad looks at it , i expect if we are still in the fight his view will be that the mafia will block us at some

point so why spend money we dont have ,and he may be proved right more so if we threaten both of the Uglies .

Hope he lets us get another midfielder in and or a back up left back .

I hope any buys, would be low key and cover for key postion. JJ has no need to go out and splash 1 million on a player to up set the team spirit and put his neck on the chopping board if it does not come off.

Like people have said, maybe left back, centre back. Think Vlad would release funds if he thinks the title is on, 2nd place is no use as there is no place in the CL !

I dont,!! Any new cash will be against our debt. Serg has already sated that we are working to profitability so don't expect more cash.

I think JJ has his budget and will use it well.

I would like cover at the back. Would except losing Kaurchaski (sp).

Attacking centre mid - Eremenko

Centre half

Young left back

I'm quite happy to see Jonsson remain at right back.

How many do you think we'll lose? Could be a few bids coming in for some of our players smiliz23.gif

You would think the way we've been playing but the two most likely to leave previously were Wallace and Driver who have been out long term and therefore it's very unlikely anyone will move for them. It's probably too early for Temps for any "bigger" club to make an offer, similar with Kello. Zal has only just signed a new deal so would be expensive. So TBH i can't see where someone would be leaving.

Any spare cash to our debt please. We dont NEED anyone. A few people think they are playing championship manager here with the names that are being mentioned.

Keep the unity. Leave it well alone. Look at it in summer.

I got asked this by a mate, who would I move for in January. It's harder to assess when we are flying like this.

Maybe VR will pull a cracking player out of left-field again.

If we get funds then we need to get Rudi signed up on a longer deal.

Agreed. The negative of something going wrong and us losing Rudi would far outweigh any positive of bringing someone new in. Get him tied down to 2-3 years and lets see him finish his career here!

Priorities IMO:

1. Extend Rudi's deal

2. Try and get rid of some of Witeveen, Kacharski, Mole, Balogh

3. If manage to shift at least one of above and free up funds then look at:

- Centre Half cover

- Centre Mid cover

- Left Back cover

JJ will know what to do!

Charlie-Brown

Why always the obsession with signing new players? We are already looking strong in 3rd place with Wallace, Driver & Suso to come back into contention. Rangers have proved over the last couple of seasons without making many new signings at all that keeping a strong core team together helps improve their understanding of how they all play plus also helps create a stronger team bonding & spirit. The challenge for JJ is to keep the squad happy and playing well and also integrate the promising younger players when circumstances allow.

Attacking centre mid - Eremenko

Centre half

Young left back

I'm quite happy to see Jonsson remain at right back.

Our current attacking cntre mid is Rudi Skacel. Would you drop him for Eremenko? Otherwise, to fit Eremenko into the team you'd need to change the current formation, which has won us 21 points out of 24.

I'm also happy to keep Jonsson at right back. Csaba slavered some pesh but one thing he may have been right about is that Eggert's long term future may lie there.

I would be reluctant to bring anyone in, incase it upset our rhythm. Maybe some cover at the fullback positions, and a creative influence in the midfield so we have the capability to rotate players if required.

If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Wallace and Driver back in the squad and the departure of some of the deadwood would suffice for me. RB is the only position that I feel could be strengthened, although Eggy is coping well enough there.

Any spare cash to our debt please. We dont NEED anyone. A few people think they are playing championship manager here with the names that are being mentioned.

Keep the unity. Leave it well alone. Look at it in summer.

I agree with this

I think with the returning wallace and driver we have an already excellent squad.

I can see us snapping up players but on bosmans.

I would be reluctant to bring anyone in, incase it upset our rhythm. Maybe some cover at the fullback positions, and a creative influence in the midfield so we have the capability to rotate players if required.

I would tend to agree.

We definitely need some cover for LB, not to say that Ruben is not doing a good job, but he never looks completely comfortable.

Also the creative midfielder, I still think, will be Bryson.

I think we will see 2 players max in January, whether it is in those positions - only time will tell....

Not my idea, but my wee bro wondered what Karipidis was up to these days? I think we need someone who can cover /challenge Zaliukas, Bouzid, Black and Mroweic. We're well equipped in an attacking sense, but I think the system we play relies heavily on those guys.

Other than that, I'd focus on moving some fringe players on as opposed to bringing players in. Everything is ticking over nicely.

Not my idea, but my wee bro wondered what Karipidis was up to these days? I think we need someone who can cover /challenge Zaliukas, Bouzid, Black and Mroweic. We're well equipped in an attacking sense, but I think the system we play relies heavily on those guys.

Other than that, I'd focus on moving some fringe players on as opposed to bringing players in. Everything is ticking over nicely.

If we had kept hold of Karapidis to play CH with Zaliukas and Bruno to be the creative influence in midfield I think this team could have been almost the complete package.

Having said that we are not doing too badly without them.....so far.

I'm pretty sure we won't lose anyone until the end of the season. We need another defender minimum I think

I'd like to see back-up for centre-half and in central midfield. The full backs will do for now (Palazuelos now has the positional sense to understudy Wallace for the rest of the season), we have plenty of wide men and I think both Elliot and Glen will come in and score goals when required by injury or suspension.

If we had kept hold of Karapidis to play CH with Zaliukas and Bruno to be the creative influence in midfield I think this team could have been almost the complete package.

Having said that we are not doing too badly without them.....so far.

there were some rumours flying around earlier that we were looking to bring Bruno back to the club.

Our current attacking cntre mid is Rudi Skacel. Would you drop him for Eremenko? Otherwise, to fit Eremenko into the team you'd need to change the current formation, which has won us 21 points out of 24.

I wouldn't drop him. However, it's always good to have options. All of the signings I suggested are of course dependent on being financially viable.

I still think that if we were to lose Skacel or Templeton we would struggle going forward.

Skivingatwork

I think the key in January is keeping the core squad together.

Boost the bottom line (reduce costs) by trying to ship out:

Balogh

Kucharski

Mole

Witteveen

Obua

Move Barr out on loan for some first team experience at a bottom 6 SPL club.

Other than than we should be looking at who we can get on pre-contracts for next season.

Why always the obsession with signing new players? We are already looking strong in 3rd place with Wallace, Driver & Suso to come back into contention. Rangers have proved over the last couple of seasons without making many new signings at all that keeping a strong core team together helps improve their understanding of how they all play plus also helps create a stronger team bonding & spirit. The challenge for JJ is to keep the squad happy and playing well and also integrate the promising younger players when circumstances allow.

screw third charlie, that is yesterdays news. spend the dough and GLORY awaits. new right back and a top drawer central midfielder.

the old firm are a shambles, one half are being managed by a barely literate moron and the other are going to slip down the league while trying to juggle too many balls.

Give us the cash vlad. victory awaits.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Charlie-Brown

screw third charlie, that is yesterdays news. spend the dough and GLORY awaits. new right back and a top drawer central midfielder.

the old firm are a shambles, one half are being managed by a barely literate moron and the other are going to slip down the league while trying to juggle too many balls.

Give us the cash vlad. victory awaits.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hearts twice overspent the dough (a fortune!) on wages & players 1998-2001 and 2006-2009 without any additional success. Better to be prudent and penny-wise than pound foolish imo - that's how HMFC debt grew to such large levels.

Snake Plissken

there were some rumours flying around earlier that we were looking to bring Bruno back to the club.

That would be a tremendous signing if true.

I heard at the end of August that we were looking at him. Can't remember if it was JJ being unconvinced of Aguiar's fitness or his club wanting a permanent transfer, maybe both.

Might be an option in January.

Snake Plissken

Hi guys im back merry christmas got loads to catch up on

Hello Doug.

Yes, there are some good threads in the Shed you should take a look at.

nice to have one of these threads and not have everyone screaming for a proper forward. Happy days.... dont care what we do im just happy not to be shouting for a striker :)

I would happily take no new signings in January as long as we don't lose anyone either.

agreed, i think that will be JJ's top priority

The White Cockade

got to agree with Charlie that there is no way we will spend any cash in January

remember we have a massive debt and any movement will be out rather than in

we have half a dozen players who should go to cut the wage bill but can't see anybody taking them to be honest

we are currently playing well and have a few options to cope with injury/suspension especially when Driver, Wallace

and Suso are back

I don't think we'll split the Old Firm but we should be able to take a comfortable third with a double figure points gap from the pack

(as there is nothing of any quality outwith the top three and nobody else will be able to afford to splash the cash either)

and give Europe a good go next season

Archived