Rudi

southside1874

southside1874

Just how infectious is this guy and how much better do we play now. The whole team is playing with a confidence that I have only witnessed since the last time he was here.The guy seems to give so much confidence to players around him. The guy must have such an amazing attitude about him that infects the whole team. The belief and the attitude of the players has been tremendous. I don't think you can give this guy enough credit.

Agreed, his positivity has worked wonders for us - he's a real winner who believes he can actually win - I don't want to see him leave Tynie ever B)

Agreed re Rudi - he's a real talisman. Have to say tho i think the change in formation and Zali's return have been as big factors in our form. Playing Rudi centrally leaves us less exposed than the 2 wingers formation and also gives us a man DVntage in there, not to mention allowing him the freedom to get in and around the box.

Great crdit to JJ and BB that Rudi can be allowed such freedom in a formation which includes 2 strikers and Temps, whilst also keeping teams out so stingily at the back.

Just how infectious is this guy and how much better do we play now. The whole team is playing with a confidence that I have only witnessed since the last time he was here.The guy seems to give so much confidence to players around him. The guy must have such an amazing attitude about him that infects the whole team. The belief and the attitude of the players has been tremendous. I don't think you can give this guy enough credit.

He is still a little off the pace at times and yet he has a knack of being in the right place at the right time. No surprise that our top scorer is not a striker. As we saw in 2006/7 goals were coming in from mostly midfield ( Hartley / Skacel ), but the fluency in which the team are playing is fantastic. Rudi's freedom in midfield is giving plenty of options to wingers and strikers. After seeing 5 goals v aberdeen, people might think well why didn't KK get a goal, but his lay offs, especially for Arvydas' goal is just as important. Couldn't have picked a better time to go to Motherwell. Last 5 games, scored 13, conceded NIL.

Billy the Jambo

He is a great player .I said to my mates on saturday JJ should get the mad one to offer him a contract for life at Tynecastle .We dont want to see him leave Hearts at the end of the season when his contract is up

Snake Plissken

There are some players who just fit with a club and for Rudi, it is us.

Hope he signs on for another year or two.

Stroke of genius getting him back. He's a cracking player.

7 goals already? He might just better his goal tally from "that" season which was 16 I believe (?) He's nearly half way there.

It just makes me wonder how Driver is going to fit back into the team when he's fit. We surely can't go with what would effectively be a front five. Can we? What a brilliant problem to have.

But yes, get him signed up for life.

Superman wears Rudi Skacel pyjamas!

After seeing 5 goals v aberdeen, people might think well why didn't KK get a goal, but his lay offs, especially for Arvydas' goal is just as important.

Kevin Kyle had a much better game on Saturday because we didn't rely on the high ball to him. The low point was Motherwell when we did nothing else. Now were happy to play the ball around at the back and then go forward using whatever option opens up. Lots more movement up front as well. After his revenge against Diamond, is Kyle not nearing a yellow card suspension?

Rudi is a great player there is just no getting away from that

But I think a big factor is the understaning big Kev has of the way Rudi and Temps play.

He works hard off the ball to hussle and pull defenders out of position to allow Rudi and Temps space to make runs.

The finishes are all down to the two midfielders but more often than not the spadework is done by KK so credit to him also.

Agreed re Rudi - he's a real talisman. Have to say tho i think the change in formation and Zali's return have been as big factors in our form. Playing Rudi centrally leaves us less exposed than the 2 wingers formation and also gives us a man DVntage in there, not to mention allowing him the freedom to get in and around the box.

Great crdit to JJ and BB that Rudi can be allowed such freedom in a formation which includes 2 strikers and Temps, whilst also keeping teams out so stingily at the back.

i think a lot of that is to do with a solid central defence pairing (which has also given kello confidence) and the form of adrian the pole

Archived