Gareth Bale - Pink Stripes

vegas-voss

What are the pink stripes that Bale has stuck to his legs for ?

Just another craze like when Fowler had the things on his nose.Do they actually serve a purpose ?

They were discussing this on 5live during the game. I believe the answer was that its a Japenese alternative therapy which prevents or cures calf muscle injuries.

******* hell in 10 years time we will be watching bionic football players.Seriously though if it helps prevent injury it can only be a good thing unlike the snooks that they are all sporting now.

Drylaw Hearts

Anyone fancy explaining in simple terms how these things work?

The Kinesio Taping? Method is a definitive rehabilitative taping technique that is designed to facilitate the body?s natural healing process while providing support and stability to muscles and joints without restricting the body?s range of motion as well as providing extended soft tissue manipulation to prolong the benefits of manual therapy administered within the clinical setting. Latex-free and wearable for days at a time, Kinesio? Tex Tape is safe for populations ranging from pediatric to geriatric, and successfully treats a variety of orthopedic, neuromuscular, neurological and other medical conditions. The Kinesio? Taping Method is a therapeutic taping technique not only offering your patient the support they are looking for, but also rehabilitating the affected condition as well. By targeting different receptors within the somatosensory system, Kinesio? Tex Tape alleviates pain and facilitates lymphatic drainage by microscopically lifting the skin. This lifting affect forms convolutions in the skin thus increasing interstitial space and allowing for a decrease in inflammation of the affected areas.

:santa4:

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

The Kinesio Taping? Method is a definitive rehabilitative taping technique that is designed to facilitate the body?s natural healing process while providing support and stability to muscles and joints without restricting the body?s range of motion as well as providing extended soft tissue manipulation to prolong the benefits of manual therapy administered within the clinical setting. Latex-free and wearable for days at a time, Kinesio? Tex Tape is safe for populations ranging from pediatric to geriatric, and successfully treats a variety of orthopedic, neuromuscular, neurological and other medical conditions. The Kinesio? Taping Method is a therapeutic taping technique not only offering your patient the support they are looking for, but also rehabilitating the affected condition as well. By targeting different receptors within the somatosensory system, Kinesio? Tex Tape alleviates pain and facilitates lymphatic drainage by microscopically lifting the skin. This lifting affect forms convolutions in the skin thus increasing interstitial space and allowing for a decrease in inflammation of the affected areas.

:santa4:

:laugh: I've been on Kickback studying all day so that didn't really go in. Wont be long before you see welts in the Sunday Leagues with duct tape on their hammy.

Thunderstruck

A commercially packaged and, no doubt, expensive alternative to adhesive bandage as used by the yard in American Football. .

I remember Mario Kempes starting a craze for having taping below the knee. What the benefit was - who knows.

Sounds like pseudoscientific pish to me. Generally speaking, if a treatment is effective, the scientists and manufacturers will try and explain how it works in simple language. If it's nonsense, they will try and baffle people with scientific works they haven't heard.

My bullshit alarm went off as soon as I saw the product description.

Here's a critical article which suggests that the evidence doesn't actually support the claims of the manufacturer:

http://www.scienceofsocceronline.com/2008/08/cutting-edge-research-effectiveness-of.html

I'd be interested to read more on both sides of the argument.

Better call Saul

Just another craze like when Fowler had the things on his nose.Do they actually serve a purpose ?

?

were they not to help him breath ?

Sounds like pseudoscientific pish to me. Generally speaking, if a treatment is effective, the scientists and manufacturers will try and explain how it works in simple language. If it's nonsense, they will try and baffle people with scientific works they haven't heard.

My bullshit alarm went off as soon as I saw the product description.

Here's a critical article which suggests that the evidence doesn't actually support the claims of the manufacturer:

http://www.scienceofsocceronline.com/2008/08/cutting-edge-research-effectiveness-of.html

I'd be interested to read more on both sides of the argument.

I'm not advocating this specific brand of tape but I've got knee problems and have in the past used mueller tape for taping up the joint (similar to the vid above but with tension in the tape) and it's very effective when playing fives / racket sports etc. The reason I don't anymore is I've been unable to find tape that remains stuck once you start to sweat and only got one roll of brilliant stuff from my physio. The downside was having to shave me knees for using it!

:laugh: I've been on Kickback studying all day so that didn't really go in. Wont be long before you see hammy in the Sunday Leagues with duct tape on his welt.

JimHamilton.jpg

Surprised that no one has yet mentioned that Obua wears these tapes too. Look out next time he plays.

Obuas are not pink tho, they are the same colour as his skin (if he was Caucasian that is).

I first noticed him wearing them in last seasons derby when he scored the winner.

I noticed Obua wears black tape alot, always wondered what it was for. You also see alot of divers (as in springboard, platform etc) with alot of tape on their shoulders

I've had a shoulder op and used to get really bad muscle pain in my upper back.

Tried everything, from massage to acupuncture. Now using this tape, I'm not 100% pain free but it's the best thing I've used by a mile.

The dude who was commentating yesterday always sucks off Gareth Bale every time he gets the ball. Gets a bit annoying after a while.

Nowt to do with the topic, just throwing it in there.....

I work pretty close to this kind of field and have to say it's nothing new.

I learned a lot from Alan Rae (ex Hearts physio) who used this type of taping and support strapping for players in injury managment.

That was abou 10 years ago and he'd been using it for years before that.

I noticed Tim Cahill wearing it a while back at first I thought it was a Maori tattoo.

The dude who was commentating yesterday always sucks off Gareth Bale every time he gets the ball. Gets a bit annoying after a while.

Nowt to do with the topic, just throwing it in there.....

Aye noticed that as well. Like saying it was a wonderful cross when it went past everyone in the box and almost out for a throw in. Fecking idiot.

Help with hamstrings then.Always seem a problem area for very pacey players.

Will we all chip in and get Driver some for his Xmas?

Archived