Lets get Serious Now

sjh1874

Up until now I've been happy not only with the application of the players but also the spirit on show.

Thoughts now turn to the fact we are a right good side with plenty more options in reserve. I feel now is the time to look a little more serious at just what this squad can achieve. We CAN!! close the gap further on the old firm.

Be 100% honest with yourself and think just how few old firm players would walk into our starting 11.

Time to get serious and go for it. Big week ahead. :thumbsup:

Victor Meldrew

I think that if by this time next week we have six more points, then we can start to believe. If we lose both of the games, then it's a scrap for third in all likelihood.

I'm not going to make any predictions as to which it will be....

As for the question about OF players, I would gladly take:

Bougherra

Weiss

Kenny Miller

Izaguirre (we need cover at LB!!)

Hooper

I think that if by this time next week we have six more points, then we can start to believe. If we lose both of the games, then it's a scrap for third in all likelihood.

I'm not going to make any predictions as to which it will be....

As for the question about OF players, I would gladly take:

Bougherra

Weiss

Kenny Miller

Izaguirre (we need cover at LB!!)

Hooper

Bougie - Yes

Weiss - No thanks we have better imho

Kenny Miller - Yes

Izaguirre - Hell Yes!!

Hooper - No thanks

I'd add Whittaker also

Victor Meldrew

Bougie - Yes

Weiss - No thanks we have better imho

Kenny Miller - Yes

Izaguirre - Hell Yes!!

Hooper - No thanks

I'd add Whittaker also

Good call with Whittaker.

I disagree about Hooper - he's been scoring lots of goals. Although if you had Kenny Miller as well, there probably wouldn't be a place for him.

Cairneyhill Jambo

Turn it around and think how many of our players would make it into the old firm teams. Probably about 7 or 8.

Celtic and Rangers have been progressively getting worse over the past few seasons.

I really hope we can keep this run going. But then I'm sure if we did start challenging them, the GFA would make sure the advantage would swing the way of the ugly sisters.

I think we have a good settled first eleven who are on form at the moment and enjoying their football. The return of Skacel has been a real catalyst for the club as a whole IMO.

If we can continue in this vein of form then yes we can catch Celtic but I dont think we do have much in the way of a squad capable to keep things going if injuries, suspensions and loss of form set in.

Yes we have Wallace and Driver to return which is great but I dont see that we have much else in reserve. We have a lot of players such as Bouzid, Black and perhaps Zaliukas who have really screwed the nut of late and I hope they can continue their form but if not we have the likes of Barr, Stevenson, C.Elliot to come in who can contribute positively but as we've seen they can produce pretty average performances.

Not wanting to put a dampner on our current form, it really is refreshing to see a Hearts team play with such verve and confidence and hopefully we can kick on further, as has been said, Tuesdays game and Caley at home are MASSIVE games for us.

Big fan of the lad Davis at rangers but the OF can stick their players up their erse, we'll do it our way, with oor players!

Archived