Darren Barr - Big Disappointment

Jambomullins

_45215455_craig_paterson_poster.jpg

"Its a headache for Jim but a nice headache. As a defender himself, although a long time ago now *Richard Gordon laughs*, I'm sure he will be telling him to keep his head up and keep working away. You don't become a bad player overnight and I'm sure many an SPL manager will be watching this one with interest"

:lol:

:paterson:

Looking at that you've got say it's a very settled back four at the moment..but with injuries and Suspensions to come it gives others the chance whilst also testing the depth of squad available.

:thumbsup:

kennyblack'sshot

I was very excited when we signed Darren Barr but in truth he has been a huge disappointment. Any thoughts?

Strange post. Personally I'm delighted we've got Darren. First because it's a long season and it's good to have strength in depth.

And second because if he hadn't signed for us he most likely would have ended up at Hibs or Aberdeen and both of their defences would be better with him in it.

He needs to be given time to settle in. As others have mentioned Black and Adrian took time to reach the standards they are playing at now and look at players in the past who have needed a settling in period to become club legends. I give you Paul Hartley.

gorgie rd eh11

I was very excited when we signed Darren Barr but in truth he has been a huge disappointment. Any thoughts?

:mellow:

Dear god!

I am sorry that I made the comment yesterday to the guy beside me that Hearts fans are now encouraging the players rather than abusing them for every mistake!

I hope you dont behave like that at Tynie as no wonder some players struggle.

So far this year (mostly) folk have been treating the players well, applauding/cheering even singing players names at times when they do something good. However when a pass does go astray there seems to to have been less getting straight onto their backs, and more "hard lines....next time..." shouts. The players no longer looked terrified.

Add to that JJ knowing when to ball out a player and when to hug a player, or indeed when to give a player a break, reintroducing them at a better time, makes me unworried about Barr.

I think he will eventually get there for us. If not, then, I am sure we will find someone else to fit in. In JJ I trust.

Is this, as it seems at first glance by its layout, an actual letter to God? If this is the case then as you know the recipient's (God) name then it should really be signed off with a 'yours sincerely'.

Absolutely agree about fans by the way. People around me are more prone to attacking the harsh critics with 'give him a chance' and 'get off his back' and it helps. Calum Elliot definitely benefits from less stick.

The Old Tolbooth

can I just drop a few names in on this thread

Ian Black

David Obua

Suso santana

to name but a few that have been so called disapointments after a few games/months.

They have turned out alright lets not jump the gun shut

I'll give you Suso, and just about Black although the jury is still out for me a bit on him, but Obua is still a pish signing by anyone's standards!

He needs to be given time to settle in. As others have mentioned Black and Adrian took time to reach the standards they are playing at now and look at players in the past who have needed a settling in period to become club legends. I give you Paul Hartley.

There was a time when my heart would sink if Elvis was playing. smiliz65.gif

Archived