Novikovas

jamboinglasgow

jamboinglasgow

Anyone else really pleased to see Novikovas come off the bench and score. Think he has been much maligned recently but to me has great potential. Also love the fact that as Novi was doing his wee movement coming in from the left wing, a guy behind went "for **** sake" about to give him more abuse when he put it into the net.

Delightet for him. Novi and the rest of the subs haven't had much of a look in recently due to the success of the 11 that are winning week in week out.

Without a doubt. The lad's got potential, as his outings for the Lithuanian NT prove. Incredible to think we've got potentially five (well, maybe four and a half) top wingers at the club!

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Where has he been much maligned? :mellow:

Cracking goal today and excellent timing of the substitution from JJ.

jamboinglasgow

Where has he been much maligned? :mellow:

Cracking goal today and excellent timing of the substitution from JJ.

Have heard a few on here write him off and heard at matches people really go at him. Feel he needed something to show the crowd what he can do and he did that. Plus that run from just inside the Aberdeen half (but unfortunatly got tackled at the edge of the box) was great.

I like him too, but I think he slows the game down for us when he gets the ball. I defo think a loan out to some 1st div team would do him good.

Say raith rovers or that sort of standard!

Have heard a few on here write him off and heard at matches people really go at him. Feel he needed something to show the crowd what he can do and he did that. Plus that run from just inside the Aberdeen half (but unfortunatly got tackled at the edge of the box) was great.

Yea I agree, he has had a fair few doubters on here, when he used to feature more regularly. There were a few threads questioning him. I think he looks lethargic when he runs sometimes because he doesnt do everything at pace like Temps does but his footwork and vision are impressive.

You knew it was a great goal, cos Kyle and Skacel (?) just stood still in the box and applauded, stunned.

I've never had a go at him during games but I've admitted on here that I've not been a big fan of his.

Tell you what though, I'm happy for him to make me change my mind, like today.

Delighted for the guy.

I like him too, but I think he slows the game down for us when he gets the ball. I defo think a loan out to some 1st div team would do him good.

Say raith rovers or that sort of standard!

I agree, but would he be happy doing that? Comments from his NT manager hint at a bit of frustration at not being able to get more game time. I really hope he has the patience to wait for his chance and then really take it when it comes (just like Temps has). The potential is there for sure. I hope the likes of Obua don't reduce his chances further.

More than a wee bit of good fortune about his goal imho. looked a bit sklaffed or deflected off the defender but not taking anything away from him the intent was there to shoot :santa1:

More than a wee bit of good fortune about his goal imho. looked a bit sklaffed or deflected off the defender but not taking anything away from him the intent was there to shoot :santa1:

You sicken me.

You don't deserve Vlad.

sad.gif

I liked the fact that at one point he thought it better to push his hair out his eyes whilst the ball was in the air towards him,before receiving and controlling it. Or else it was live on tv and his Mum was watching.

I also like the fact that he seems to be more "included" now. I felt before he always seemed a bit shy,a bit out of things. But from Gary Locke shouting "Arvy,Arvy!" when he was to come on,to the delight on his face and of his team-mates on the photo on the Hearts website, it seems that he is more part of it now.

Cardiac Rucksack

Year younger than temps. Needs us to be a few up more often in games so he can get a bit more time.

:wtfvlad::what:

scott herbertson

He was superb against Elgin in the League Cup. defitely potential there. Last year I was thinking "Templeton is a bit lightweight".

This year I am thinking "Novikovas is a bit lightweight"...............

I remember a very similar incident against the same opposition from someone who's fast becoming the darling of us Hearts fans!!! ;)

If I was eating a chinese and he passed my house, I'd shout "great goal son" to him from my bay window. That's how much I like Arvy!

Great goal today. Apparently been flying in training. If we could play all our games on astro, he'd be the best player in the league so I'm told! Just needs to come out of himself a bit, but he's a young lad in a fopreign country and it'll come. Today will help.

Had hoped Gary Glen and maybe Craig T might have got a run out too but Stevo and Calum did well when they came on so no complaints

No

If I was eating a chinese and he passed my house, I'd shout "great goal son" to him from my bay window. That's how much I like Arvy!

Great goal today. Apparently been flying in training. If we could play all our games on astro, he'd be the best player in the league so I'm told! Just needs to come out of himself a bit, but he's a young lad in a fopreign country and it'll come. Today will help.

Had hoped Gary Glen and maybe Craig T might have got a run out too but Stevo and Calum did well when they came on so no complaints

The Joke has run it's course, don't you think?

Agree with what you say though, he was good when he came on and deserved his goal.

jamboinglasgow

Good to hear, think breaking his league duck will benefit him hugely. Think he has been unlucky this season in lack of opportunities for him but its great to see him take the chance when it was given to him. As people say he may not be quite as pacey as Temps but his skill makes up a lot for that.

jambos are go!

100% agree it took a deflection off the boot of a defender that was crucial. I was sitting behind the incident in the Gorgie Stand. Still think the payer has much to offer.

heartgarfunkel

Truly hoping that Santa smiley at the end was the equivalent of a 'wink' smiley! Just watched it several times on BBC Alba recording, Messi would have been proud of that, the reaction of the the player, his team mates, and JJ said everything about the quality of the creation and execution of that goal.

jambos are go!

Truly hoping that Santa smiley at the end was the equivalent of a 'wink' smiley! Just watched it several times on BBC Alba recording, Messi would have been proud of that, the reaction of the the player, his team mates, and JJ said everything about the quality of the creation and execution of that goal.

[/quot

Believe me it took a crucial deflection.

Kyle was superb at the 5th. Quality set up play. Good confidence for Novi to have a bash. Keep it up wee man.

He's a "master of sports" (an old Soviet Union term), that's what the Lithuanian U-21 manager said. Just needs to beef up a bit and get his head right.

The Joke has run it's course, don't you think?

Agree with what you say though, he was good when he came on and deserved his goal.

Maybe to the person who made an utter tit of themselves it has.

You ain't going to shake that one off too easily I'm afraid.

:santa1:

Same here , it goes straight thru the players leg, quaility finish !

Novi has the potential to eclipse both Temps and Driver. He has bags of skill. The plan is for another 3 years here and then off to one of the big Russki clubs for 5 million.

He has not been in the team but I haven't heard/read of him moaning. That's the type of player we want - one who does his talking on the field.

Novi has the potential to eclipse both Temps and Driver. He has bags of skill. The plan is for another 3 years here and then off to one of the big Russki clubs for 5 million.

I'll run naked along Princes Street if we sell Novikovas for ?/?5 million.

If I saw him on the street I would invite him in for a bowl of beef and black bean sauce with some egg fried rice. :thumbsup:

cracking goal,though he was going to lose his footing but instead pulled off a sublime finish,good to know we have so many quality wingers at the club

Francis Albert

Unfortuntely I can't see Temps going through a season against SPL defenders without picking up an injury or two, so I think Novikovas will get his chance. He deserves it and in the meantime is a very useful sub. Too good to be loaned out.

cracking goal,though he was going to lose his footing but instead pulled off a sublime finish,good to know we have so many quality wingers at the club

With Skacel, Templeton, Driver, Suso & Novikovas it is looking like the strongest area of the team.

WTF are you on about???

Archived