Kyle's booking

Dalry

Kyle would be a big miss for the New Year derby and he picked up a pointless booking today at 5-0 up. He can't be more than one or two bookings off a suspension, what is it three games before the derby? Can't wait for Wallace and Driver to return also. One more thing....still gutted Hartley didn't sign, we're looking good these days. :thumbsup:

Think idiots a bit harsh m8 diamond did nothing but niggle the bigman all day and even managed an elbow that went unnoticed by the ref.Yes i dont want to see him suspended for the derby but glad to see him put diamond on his arse.

Guest vanbasten1874

Kyle would be a big miss for the New Year derby and he picked up a pointless booking today at 5-0 up. He can't be more than one or two bookings off a suspension, what is it three games before the derby? Can't wait for Wallace and Driver to return also. One more thing....still gutted Hartley didn't sign, we're looking good these days. :thumbsup:

Kyle is pretty much an unsung hero in my eyes as he turns opposition defences into mush given our talented midfield licence to to push forward into dangerous positions he would be missed in the biggy hope he makes it :thumbsup:

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Diamond elbowed him when they went up for a header. Think the yellow card was worth it. Probably should have went in harder.

Kyle is pretty much an unsung hero in my eyes as he turns opposition defences into mush given our talented midfield licence to to push forward into dangerous positions he would be missed in the biggy hope he makes it :thumbsup:

All of this.

Thought that dick diamond dived a bit for the booking, elbowed Kyle in front of the ref and got away scot free. Kyle needs a break from the refs as they tend to give him feck all because of his size

Think idiots a bit harsh m8 diamond did nothing but niggle the bigman all day and even managed an elbow that went unnoticed by the ref.Yes i dont want to see him suspended for the derby but glad to see him put diamond on his arse.

The elbow incident was right in front of the ref he just chose to ignore it.

If today's booking triggered a suspension then he misses the Killie match, if it was 2 matches that would carry over to the St Mirren match.

Malinga the Swinga

Kyle gave Diamond a complete going over, and by midway through the second half, Diamond was firmly lodged in Kyles back pocket. He simply overwhelmed the two centre halfs from ASberdeen, and with a stronger ref, then we would have done even better.

Unsung hero is right. Opposition defences spend so much time and energy trying to keep him under wraps that our midfield and Elliott can show their class. The yellow card was a bit daft but when a ****end like Diamond is niggligng you all game these things are going to happen. The old chestnut of "If you took that streak out of his game..." rings true here i think. Much prefer to have someone like Kyle where these little incidents will happen and cause him to miss a game or two then be back to the days of Nade who missed every game of the season by not caring in the slightest.

Superb from Kyle taking the booking today, Means he will miss games we should cope without him for, This free's him up for a good tilt at January without the risk of losing him, Hibs, Celtic and Rangers!! :thumbsup:

You can`t win can you? If he doesn`t go for the ball he gets a mouthful. Ok, i know silly bookings are just that, but i didn`t think it was tbh.

Kyle was just committed and didn`t let up even though we were giving them a portion. Thats the type we need. Players who want it more and more and more even if ye are well ahead. No half measures.

Teams are having to stick their strongest centre half, in some cases both, to try and deal with him. This is creating all the space for rudi and temps. Kyle has been vital to our recent results.

Say What Again

Where's the unsung hero chat coming from?

The big man's been rightly lauded on here for not only his performances on the pitch, but his attitude off it too. ('jist glue' 'Ian Murray = w@nk')

Not having a go as it's nice to see him get some plaudits, but he's been a hero almost since day 1 in my book.

Say What Again
This is creating all the space for rudi and temps. Kyle has been vital to our recent results.

Indeed. ER being a prime example. :thumbsup:

Daft booking on the surface.

He lived out everyone's fantasy today by kicking that horrible Celtic *******.

I am almost certain he has broken the 18 points barrier and he will serve a THREE match ban which will cover the Kilmarnock, St Mirren and Hibs games as it kicks in 14 days from the date of the caution that takes him over the threshold. Could be wrong but I have watched the booking on Alba a couple fo times and I'm sure he mouths that he is suspended...would be a massive miss as he is bossing the centre halfs in the SPL at the moment...

SFA Suspensions

He incurred a one match ban in 2008-2009, a two match ban as per above in 2009-2010 and then it accumulates to a three match ban and keeps going until you have a clean season I believe.

Hope I am wrong though!

Kyle has five league yellow cards so he's one away from a suspension which would take place 14 days after it occurs.

So he avoids a caution on Tuesday and he is good to go for the Derby...chuffed about that...was forgetting he got booked against Falkirk in the CIS and that does not carry into the league...

When he does go it will be for three games though..

So he avoids a caution on Tuesday and he is good to go for the Derby...chuffed about that...was forgetting he got booked against Falkirk in the CIS and that does not carry into the league...

When he does go it will be for three games though..

Not quite. Inverness is the 18th and the Hibs game is exactly 14 days later. He's walking a major tightrope.

Kyle has five league yellow cards so he's one away from a suspension which would take place 14 days after it occurs.

So with the games being close together over Xmas, her only needs to avoid a card at Fir Park to ensure he's not suspended for the derby, given that there is only 13 days beteween the ICT match on the 18th and Hibs on 1st Jan.

(That is assuming the above is correct - according to London Hearts he has 4 bookings but that may not have been updated to include yesterday).

So with the games being close together over Xmas, her only needs to avoid a card at Fir Park to ensure he's not suspended for the derby, given that there is only 13 days beteween the ICT match on the 18th and Hibs on 1st Jan.

(That is assuming the above is correct - according to London Hearts he has 4 bookings but that may not have been updated to include yesterday).

Well it depends. If he's to get anything more than a 1 match ban, obviously a booking tomorrow would see him miss St Mirren and then Hibs and then Dundee United.

Well it depends. If he's to get anything more than a 1 match ban, obviously a booking tomorrow would see him miss St Mirren and then Hibs and then Dundee United.

I agree, what you are saying doesn't contradict my post.

The point I was making is that he only needs to avoid a booking on Tuesday to ensure that the derby is not one of the games he is suspended for.

If he gets booked against ICT the ban would come in to effect 14 days later which would take into account Utd away, Huns at Home and Celtic away.

Ideally, if he has to serve a suspension this season you'd hope it would be after the Celtic game, so an absolute beauty of a tackle on a Hun would see him miss Hamilton, Utd at home and the Sheep away - fixtures we could still win without him.

I agree, what you are saying doesn't contradict my post.

The point I was making is that he only needs to avoid a booking on Tuesday to ensure that the derby is not one of the games he is suspended for.

If he gets booked against ICT the ban would come in to effect 14 days later which would take into account Utd away, Huns at Home and Celtic away.

Ideally, if he has to serve a suspension this season you'd hope it would be after the Celtic game, so an absolute beauty of a tackle on a Hun would see him miss Hamilton, Utd at home and the Sheep away - fixtures we could still win without him.

Hearts should really be inquiring as to whether or not he'd get a 1 game ban or more. If it's a one game ban, I say kick the ball away on Tuesday night.

Guest GhostHunter

Kevin Kyle is my player of the season so far.

He may not be scoring goals, but he's pretty much involved in setting most of them up.

Hearts should really be inquiring as to whether or not he'd get a 1 game ban or more. If it's a one game ban, I say kick the ball away on Tuesday night.

I am 100% sure he will get a three match ban as he got a two last season, and a one the season before with Killie. Your slate is not clean until you have a suspension free season.

I am 100% sure he will get a three match ban as he got a two last season, and a one the season before with Killie. Your slate is not clean until you have a suspension free season.

This being the case he needs to avoid a booking in both the Motherwell and ICT games. Lets hope someone within the club knows so they can have a wee word !

What a ridiculous rule that is. Not questioning you at all as I don't doubt you, but do they expect players to go a whole season without picking up 5 yellow cards? :smiliz23:

The People's Chimp

Diamond elbowed him when they went up for a header. Think the yellow card was worth it. Probably should have went in harder.

I trust that you, like me, applauded the big man at the time.

:pleasing:

What a ridiculous rule that is. Not questioning you at all as I don't doubt you, but do they expect players to go a whole season without picking up 5 yellow cards? :smiliz23:

Sorry for being pedantic but it is a minimum of 6. You get three points max for a caution and 18 points puts you through the barrier

CAUTIONABLE Offences

Penalty Points

B1 Unsporting Behaviour

a) Obstruction involving bodily contact 2

B) Deliberately tripping 3

c) Recklessly dangerous play 3

d) Deliberately playing an opponent's leg or legs 3

e) Adopting a threatening and/or aggressive attitude 3

f) Holding or pushing an opponent 3

g) Time Wasting 3

h) Shirt pulling, etc. 3

i) Handling the ball deliberately 2

j) Feigning injury 3

k) Simulation 3

l) Action(s) deemed by the referee to be inflammatory 3

m) All other offences deemed by the referee to be unsporting behaviour 1

B2 Dissent by Word or Action 3

B3 Persistently infringing the Laws of the Game 3

B4 Delays the restart of play or fails to respect the required distance at the restart of play 1

B5 Entering or re-entering or leaving the field of play without the referee's permission 1

And the bit about serving suspensions:

4.3.7 Players Accumulating 18 Penalty Points in a Season

4.3.7.1 When a player has accumulated a total of 18 or more penalty points in the League competition during a season, or of any extension thereof, he will be subject to disciplinary action in accordance with a Fixed Scale of Suspensions as provided for in Section 4, Sub-Paragraph 4.3.7.2.

4.3.7.2 On accumulating 18 penalty points in the League competition, a player will automatically incur a suspension for a number of matches, starting with one match for his first 18 penalty points, and increasing by one match for each successive 18 points accumulation, within a two season period. In effect, a player's record over the current season and the immediately preceding season will be taken into account.

It is all in here!! A fascinating read and a great cure foe insomnia!:

SFA Discipline Procedures

The People's Chimp

According to some holier than thou moralists on here that is the very root of the degradation of our game and if JJ tells him to do that he should be fined.

What a crock of shite. Kick it away Kev, kick it away.

Billy the Jambo

If any booking for Kyle in the next 2 games means he is suspended for the Hibs game and a couple after it then why don,t we just leave him out of the team tomorrow and saturday and maybe give clum a chance

Sorry for being pedantic but it is a minimum of 6. You get three points max for a caution and 18 points puts you through the barrier

CAUTIONABLE Offences

Penalty Points

B1 Unsporting Behaviour

a) Obstruction involving bodily contact 2

B) Deliberately tripping 3

c) Recklessly dangerous play 3

d) Deliberately playing an opponent's leg or legs 3

e) Adopting a threatening and/or aggressive attitude 3

f) Holding or pushing an opponent 3

g) Time Wasting 3

h) Shirt pulling, etc. 3

i) Handling the ball deliberately 2

j) Feigning injury 3

k) Simulation 3

l) Action(s) deemed by the referee to be inflammatory 3

m) All other offences deemed by the referee to be unsporting behaviour 1

B2 Dissent by Word or Action 3

B3 Persistently infringing the Laws of the Game 3

B4 Delays the restart of play or fails to respect the required distance at the restart of play 1

B5 Entering or re-entering or leaving the field of play without the referee's permission 1

And the bit about serving suspensions:

4.3.7 Players Accumulating 18 Penalty Points in a Season

4.3.7.1 When a player has accumulated a total of 18 or more penalty points in the League competition during a season, or of any extension thereof, he will be subject to disciplinary action in accordance with a Fixed Scale of Suspensions as provided for in Section 4, Sub-Paragraph 4.3.7.2.

4.3.7.2 On accumulating 18 penalty points in the League competition, a player will automatically incur a suspension for a number of matches, starting with one match for his first 18 penalty points, and increasing by one match for each successive 18 points accumulation, within a two season period. In effect, a player's record over the current season and the immediately preceding season will be taken into account.

It is all in here!! A fascinating read and a great cure foe insomnia!:

SFA Discipline Procedures

No problem with the pedantic part, still think it's a ridiculous rule in all honesty.

How they can honestly expect a player to go without 6 bookings over a 38 game season is a bit ridiculous IMO, not debating the one game ban for it, that's all well and good but to extend the ban should they do the same thing again the next season is the ridiculous part.

According to some holier than thou moralists on here that is the very root of the degradation of our game and if JJ tells him to do that he should be fined.

What a crock of shite. Kick it away Kev, kick it away.

Don't kick it away...

...kick it in the back of the **** net and take your top off. Guaranteed yellow!

We_are_the_Hearts

If any booking for Kyle in the next 2 games means he is suspended for the Hibs game and a couple after it then why don,t we just leave him out of the team tomorrow and saturday and maybe give clum a chance

The next 2 games will be harder than the Derby. Play our strongest team.

The People's Chimp

Don't kick it away...

...kick it in the back of the **** net and take your top off. Guaranteed yellow!

Better suggestion. thumbsup.gif

The problem with trying to get booked to select which games you want to be banned is that games are likely to be called off due to the weather. Kyle gets booked at times for reasons that are his fault, talking back etc. I'm glad lots of fans appreciate the hard work he does, I think he's been our best signing for years and we need to play against the Old Firm. I think we can beat Hibs without him no problem, but I think we could really hammer hibs with him playing, he knocks ten bells out of central defences, he's a nightmare to play against.

Stupid not to have made better contact with Diamond who is a complete welt. As for worrying about Hibs, I'm pretty sure we will pump them with or without the big man.

Archived