Vlad Helps Pension Fund.......

magicTs

Drylaw Hearts

I think it is fair to assume that McCanns Hearts playing career is well and truely over.

A fantastic player in his first stint but it just didn't work out for him 2nd time round.

Seymour M Hersh
I think it is fair to assume that McCanns Hearts playing career is well and truely over.

A fantastic player in his first stint but it just didn't work out for him 2nd time round.

No it didn't but we were both at Killie when he was physically attacked by the Killie RB. No foul let alone the straight red it deserved. Why did he put that animalistic challenge in? McCann looked outstanding and like his old self prior to that. But hey ho he was only playing for Hearts. That incident added to the way Killie have kicked lumps out of us ever since JJ became their manager is just one reason I don't want JJ back at Tynecastle as manager.

No it didn't but we were both at Killie when he was physically attacked by the Killie RB. No foul let alone the straight red it deserved. Why did he put that animalistic challenge in? McCann looked outstanding and like his old self prior to that. But hey ho he was only playing for Hearts. That incident added to the way Killie have kicked lumps out of us ever since JJ became their manager is just one reason I don't want JJ back at Tynecastle as manager.

I thought that was unfortunate for McCann but was a fair, strong tackle.

McCann has been injury prone for years. Has only played about 50 games in the last 5-6 years.

Buffalo Bill

Here is an exclusive picture of Neil McCann's pyjamas.

IMG_1797%20(Small).JPG

Buffalo Bill

McCann has been injury prone for years. Has only played about 50 games in the last 5-6 years.

Yep, yet we gave him a lucrative 2 1/2 year contract costing us around a million quid. Phenomonally bad business but I suppose unsurprising given our overall debt and the way the squad is managed.

Charlie-Brown

I think Neil McCann would make a great future coach and he's an articulate & intelligent guy (for a professional footballer) - he's also become Hearts-minded over the years and VR / Hearts could do a lot worse than sponsor his coaching career and try to get him onto the coaching ladder either in our youth set up or as an assistant coach or a job at an SFL club....

I think Neil McCann would make a great future coach and he's an articulate & intelligent guy (for a professional footballer) - he's also become Hearts-minded over the years and VR / Hearts could do a lot worse than sponsor his coaching career and try to get him onto the coaching ladder either in our youth set up or as an assistant coach or a job at an SFL club....

Don't panic, he'll probably be head coach by October.

couldn't agree more.

i have huge respect for terry, and would love to see him coaching properly. there aren't enough people like him in tynecastle for my liking, and ALL our players could learn a thing or two about what the jersey means from him

Ray Winstone

I take issue with the fact that McCann looked outstanding prior to the challenge by Lilley.

That was his first game back for the club and it was only after about half an hour he went off....hardly enough time to come to that conclusion.

From what I understand he has done some of his coaching badges and is working on more - so that is always going to benifit the club in the long term.

As a player now - he looks done and really should be calling it a day!

sandylejambo

there's no way that tackle was fair and terry has said the same thing, the lad was always winning the ball terry was wondering were the lad would put it when he came right through him, a career shortning tackle and the guy should get the same,, flicking crettin

Charlie-Brown
Don't panic, he'll probably be head coach by October.

Do you & I get our turn then after that? :) (ps start scouting full-backs on footie manager........)

Do you & I get our turn then after that? :) (ps start scouting full-backs on footie manager........)

Given both of your track records at scouting the bar in the Polwarth, forgive me for not holding my breath ;):thumb:

there's no way that tackle was fair and terry has said the same thing, the lad was always winning the ball terry was wondering were the lad would put it when he came right through him, a career shortning tackle and the guy should get the same,, flicking crettin

I am not surprised that McCann has said that the tackle was not fair. It put him out for months. In my view it was a fair and strong tackle.

McCann has jumped out of most tackles since then. I think his various injuries in his injury prone last few years have seen his bottle crash.

I have never seen anything in his play on the field to suggest that he would become a good coach. He was very fast in his first spell with us and that made up for his lack of awareness of the game. His lack of bottle in his second spell would also rule him out ofr me.

Seymour M Hersh
I thought that was unfortunate for McCann but was a fair, strong tackle.

You are having a ferking giraffe!!! No-one I have ever spoken to who was there has suggested that.

Charlie-Brown
I am not surprised that McCann has said that the tackle was not fair. It put him out for months. In my view it was a fair and strong tackle.

McCann has jumped out of most tackles since then. I think his various injuries in his injury prone last few years have seen his bottle crash.

I have never seen anything in his play on the field to suggest that he would become a good coach. He was very fast in his first spell with us and that made up for his lack of awareness of the game. His lack of bottle in his second spell would also rule him out ofr me.

Must there be a strong correlation between how a player shows himself on the pitch and if this then determines his capability whether he be a good manager or coach or not?

Millars Bar

Lilley knew exactly what he was doing with that tackle.

It was sneaky as feck, McCann was turning into it and had no chance of protecting himself, he took part of the ball but totally emptied McCann....

Typically in Scotland it's described as 'hard but fair'....it was a cowards tackle.

I take issue with the fact that McCann looked outstanding prior to the challenge by Lilley.

That was his first game back for the club and it was only after about half an hour he went off....hardly enough time to come to that conclusion.

Sorry, disagree. I was at that game and the previous poster was right. He was the best player on the park by a long way when he suffered the injury. It was an overly aggressive tackle aswell, studs were showing aswell if I recall correctly.

Archived