Toto not impressing

Clerry Jambo

in some ways not that bad news, we don't really need a striker at the moment anyway.

I wouldn't say no if someone was available who could improve the squad. Kyle's scored a few but nobody else has really set the heather alight.

Surely the Scotsgreen must be wrong as significant numbers on here were saying we should sign him sharpish. :peepwall:

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Clerry--JKB`s Scrooge. Always a bearer of bad news or has a moan :smiliz64::D

I wouldn't be surprised if he signs in January.

Clerry--JKB`s Scrooge. Always a bearer of bad news or has a moan :smiliz64::D

Listen Sun............only reporting the latest news for my fellow Kickbackers whether that be good or bad!

So........ :smiliz65:

Listen Sun............only reporting the latest news for my fellow Kickbackers whether that be good or bad!

So........ :smiliz65:

good lad ....... :movethatass::mystic:

One of the comments down below the article "Toto will be released so that Morton can get Witween back" the boy must be bad.

what's dunbar done to you?

Back in the summer, Peebles, Toto scoed a few goals against Dunbar.

According to those who were there, Toto looked good but it was one of those 'I guess you had to be there at the time' moments.

pretty disapointed in this, everyone in the summer was getting all hyped up.. thinking we had uneathered another 'gem', send him to morton.. and then BINGO, another ali dia.

everyone in the summer was getting all hyped up..

I wasn't, so leave me out of it. :verymad: I always had him marked down as a donkey. :thumbsup:

winston churchill

Surely the Scotsgreen must be wrong as significant numbers on here were saying we should sign him sharpish. :peepwall:

good job.

after trying for two months we still could not sort out his paper work:rolleyes:

Seeing as you are slagging everyone off about Toto, how has Jefferies escaped any criticism? Take it JJ doesn't have an eye for a player?

He's the one who gave him good reviews and went through all the hassle to try and sign him..

Francis Albert

pretty disapointed in this, everyone in the summer was getting all hyped up.. thinking we had uneathered another 'gem', send him to morton.. and then BINGO, another ali dia.

No they weren't. A few toddlers were getting excited about a player whose name they found it easy to pronounce.

Seeing as you are slagging everyone off about Toto, how has Jefferies escaped any criticism? Take it JJ doesn't have an eye for a player?

He's the one who gave him good reviews and went through all the hassle to try and sign him..

Two points....

1. How can I criticise someone for signing a player who hasn't signed? :whistling:

2. Even The Judge can get things wrong occasionally.

I knew all along that Toto was useless - in effect he was the new Pinilla. Fact.

Many many people on here clearly know very little about football. They seem to be unable to recognise there is a huge difference between scoring against Junior and/or East of Scotland sides and scoring in the SPL, and appear to rely far too much on what the latest version of Football Manager is saying.

Francis Albert

I don't think JJ ever suggested he should be thrown straight into the starting line up in the first team, as quite a few on here did. As I remember JJ thought he was worth having a look at. The "hassle" consisted of trying to retrace his chequered and exotic career to try to establish what compensation we'd have to pay if we signed him.

It was all a classic example of internet hype.

No they weren't. A few toddlers were getting excited about a player whose name they found it easy to pronounce.

:santa1: :santa1: :santa1: :santa1:

Not to mention playing him in the friendly against Blackburn.

Maybe the lad just doesn't fancy Greenock. And who could blame him? :ninja:

I don't think JJ ever suggested he should be thrown straight into the starting line up in the first team, as quite a few on here did. As I remember JJ thought he was worth having a look at. The "hassle" consisted of trying to retrace his chequered and exotic career to try to establish what compensation we'd have to pay if we signed him.

It was all a classic example of internet hype.

Of course he got over-hyped. We'd had to put up with Christian Nade for 3 years! We were being linked with somebody who wasn't Christian Nade, fans get excited about a potential new signing, as fans generally do with anyone they've not heard of! The mystery allows people to dream.

Add that to the fact that Jefferies seemed to think Toto had something about him, if Jefferies thought the guy wasn't worth chasing he'd have punted him far earlier into his trial and not made sure we secured first option after his Morton deal.

The fans trust JJ's judgement in the main so thought we might have a player on our hands. Looks like we probably don't though.

I think it's a bit unfair to have a go at fans for getting a bit excited, it's hardly a crime after the pish we've had up front over the last few years.

I think it's a bit unfair to have a go at fans for getting a bit excited

:smiliz23:

They got more than a "bit excited". Toto was the new Pele according to the JKB cognoscenti. They lost touch with reality when they should have stood back, taken a deep breath, and taken an objective look at the evidence.

They got more than a "bit excited". Toto was the new Pele according to the JKB cognoscenti. They lost touch with reality when they should have stood back, taken a deep breath, and taken an objective look at the evidence.

I think your over egging it there. Not like you to exaggerate for the purpose of getting wired in about fellow Hearts fans is it ?

"Looks a prospect" "Did well" "Might be worth signing" was about as excited as the majority got about him. This is people who had seen him play we are talking about, unlike yourself who hadnt, yet you knew he was gash. I think JJ had a good feeling about him but wasnt entirely convinced and putting him to Morton was actually a good idea. Dont forget this was at a stage where our squad, as far as forward players goes, was at best an unknown quantity.

To be fair I dont think we need him now. He'd have been a massive gamble then and it appears even more of a gamble now. Our more immediate needs are in other positions.

Not like you to exaggerate for the purpose of getting wired in about fellow Hearts fans is it ?

Correct, it's not. You know as well as I do that the zeitgeist was along the lines of "get him signed, NOW".

And the fact that people actually attended games against the likes of Dunbar just demonstrates they must be sad nobbers with no grasp of reality.

Correct, it's not. You know as well as I do that the zeitgeist was along the lines of "get him signed, NOW".

And the fact that people actually attended games against the likes of Dunbar just demonstrates they must be sad nobbers with no grasp of reality.

Or that those of us who didn't go aren't real fans and are probably just part timers.

I know which I'm picking. :thumbsup:

:santa1:

Yes there was a "get him signed" campaign. I think it was more in desperation than admiration though. At that point up front we had Kyle signed up. S Eliott was signed up but injured, and we had the dross that we've had hanging about the club posing as strikers and drawing an undeserved wage as back up.

Youve some front calling anyone on here a sad nobber BTW. :smiliz64:

I think it was more in desperation than admiration though.

Whatever the "thinking", it still happened. Thanks for confirming it. :santa1:

jamboinglasgow

Therapist, do you come out with comments like that to get people to react? Honestly, have you ever made a comment that was not to try and troll/fish, whatever? As it is a statement that given your past posting history is hilarious considering your thoughts on real fans. Actually explain what a real fan is.

Francis Albert

Of course he got over-hyped. We'd had to put up with Christian Nade for 3 years! We were being linked with somebody who wasn't Christian Nade, fans get excited about a potential new signing, as fans generally do with anyone they've not heard of! The mystery allows people to dream.

Add that to the fact that Jefferies seemed to think Toto had something about him, if Jefferies thought the guy wasn't worth chasing he'd have punted him far earlier into his trial and not made sure we secured first option after his Morton deal.

The fans trust JJ's judgement in the main so thought we might have a player on our hands. Looks like we probably don't though.

I think it's a bit unfair to have a go at fans for getting a bit excited, it's hardly a crime after the pish we've had up front over the last few years.

Fair enough. But no-one said it was a crime. Just that to believe that someone who had been in the Metz youth set up and in Italy (albeit the lower leagues) was going to come in and take he SPL by storm (and that's no exaggeration of what some were saying) was always a bit silly. If he'd come straight from the Cameroonian jungle or desert or whatever, or straight from the Parisian sink estates then maybe ....

Guest jambomickey

I wasn't, so leave me out of it. :verymad: I always had him marked down as a donkey. :thumbsup:

i was also of the opinion that he was only scoring goals against amateur teams and was being over hiped by some of the jkb experts.

I watched him at Dunbar and he looked a good player , Jim, Billy and Gary were also there and Totto was played at Tynecastle for 20 minutes the Saturday after he showed something at Dunbar if it proves he was not as good as we thought I think Jefferies has done nothing wrong here !!!

Two points....

d?

1. How can I criticise someone for signing a player who hasn't signe :whistling:

2. Even The Judge can get things wrong occasionally.

I knew all along that Toto was useless - in effect he was the new Pinilla. Fact.

Many many people on here clearly know very little about football. They seem to be unable to recognise there is a huge difference between scoring against Junior and/or East of Scotland sides and scoring in the SPL, and appear to rely far too much on what the latest version of Football Manager is saying.

Ok I'll bite. Explain how you can justify: " in effect he was the new Pinilla. Fact."

Despite his apparent lack of application, Pinilla was and is a player.

Pinilla scored 24 goals in 24 games for Grosetto in Serie B last season. He was then transferred to Palermo in Serie A and has scored 4 goals in 10 games this season.

I'll settle for Toto having even half the football ability of Pinilla. "Fact".

Despite his apparent lack of application, Pinilla was and is a player.

What was the wage thief's record at Hearts? :whistling:

Exactly - he's another one who's way over hyped, this time because he's South American so must be great.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Sounds to me like the Morton manager is accusing him of not putting the effort in, rather than saying he doesn't have the ability.

Methinks Toto may be in a cream puff about having to play in Morton.

Never seen the boy play though so he could also be humpty right enough, not overly bothered what happens either way just now tbh.

Jambof3tornado

I still think he may do a job for us and be signed in january. He is surrounded by pish at morton and JJ may well have sent him there if his attitude was suspect. 2 t's hasn't been that good and Kyle will miss games at some point and who fills the gap then? Big Dave? Clum?

Francis Albert

I still think he may do a job for us and be signed in january. He is surrounded by pish at morton and JJ may well have sent him there if his attitude was suspect. 2 t's hasn't been that good and Kyle will miss games at some point and who fills the gap then? Big Dave? Clum?

Ahead of Toto for sure. Both have shown more in the top flight than Toto has in the lower league. As has Elliott.

When you weigh up the potential previous clubs problem, adding another set of wages to the bill, when we already have Kyle, Elliot(t), Glen, Robinson etc against the piss-poor reports from Capelow this has got to be a no-brainer surely? Not that i'm in any way looking forward to it but Mole is back too so thats ANOTHER striker who will be around in the second half of the season.

When you weigh up the potential previous clubs problem, adding another set of wages to the bill, when we already have Kyle, Elliot(t), Glen, Robinson etc against the piss-poor reports from Capelow this has got to be a no-brainer surely? Not that i'm in any way looking forward to it but Mole is back too so thats ANOTHER striker who will be around in the second half of the season.

Can't believe you did that!

F in called mole a striker! Ffs get a grip!

Jambof3tornado

Nothing stopping Jamie being loaned out somewhere else!

Laughable.

Kyle will miss games, so we'll be better bringing in a 'forward' who's scored a few goals against amateur opposition instead of a couple of forwards who have scored in our top flight.

Kickback really is full of morons.

Francis Albert

I see Mark Caldow of Bankfoot Athletic scored an impressive double away to Dunbar United in the East of Scotland Cup last month. Worth a look?

I see Mark Caldow of Bankfoot Athletic scored an impressive double away to Dunbar United in the East of Scotland Cup last month. Worth a look?

:rofl:

What does Footy Manager make of him, Frank? :smoking:

Archived