Which Camcorder to buy ?

Howdy Doody Jambo

Howdy Doody Jambo

Anybody recommend a good value for money Camcorder up to date model and easy to use ?

I P Knightley

I bought mine a year ago so I'm not 'up-to-date' for you.

However, the spec I was advised to look for was: HD (pretty much standard cross the board) and SD memory rather than hard disk only.

I went for a Panasonic - can't remember the exact code but it could be the HDC-SD20:

panasonic_hdc-sd20-177374.jpg

Although I didn't have the maroon option when buying!!

Howdy Doody Jambo

I bought mine a year ago so I'm not 'up-to-date' for you.

However, the spec I was advised to look for was: HD (pretty much standard cross the board) and SD memory rather than hard disk only.

I went for a Panasonic - can't remember the exact code but it could be the HDC-SD20:

panasonic_hdc-sd20-177374.jpg

Although I didn't have the maroon option when buying!!

Looking for a cheaper option , up to ?200

Some digital SLR's shoot pretty good HD stuff too although the only ones I've worked with are the Canon 5D and 7D and they are fairly expensive. Might also be an option if you're into your photography as well.

I P Knightley

Looking for a cheaper option , up to ?200

Try these:

Panasonic SDR-T50 (or S50's cheaper)

JVC Everio GZ-HM300

My Panasonic has been no trouble - very easy to use. I had a JVC before but it was a mini-DV machine and the tape mechanism packed up.

Carl Spackler

I got one of these about 5-6 months ago. I think it's good. Proper camcorder and does 1080p at 60fps. Decent enough zoom. Image stabilisation seems to work pretty well.

http://www.camerabox.co.uk/product.asp?ProductName=Sanyo%20Xacti%20VPC-FH1%20HD%20Black&ProductID=8470

I had second thoughts about using Camerabox as they seem so much cheaper than everyone else but it turned up the day after I ordered as sold.

Archived