Edinburgh Roads - How bad are they?

Col1874

stirlingshirejambo

to be honest i've driven all week and last night was the worst.

Some snow turned to mush and froze and cars including mine were sliding all over the place.

There were 2 accidents in front of me between ocean terminal and the fort.

Be very careful driving in the evening in there temperatures

I drive from haddington to edinburgh via the seafield route, then take a left opposite the ocean terminal and then follow ferry road all the way along. It was ok up until ferry road, where there is a fair bit of black ice on the road. You should be fine to drive as along as you dont take the piss with you're driving imo.

Cant get the car parked at work, buses are slow so decided to cycle this morning. A big thanks out to all the drivers for their patience as I couldnt use the bus lanes etc through town due to clumps of ice the size of my fist all over the place. It seems that this weather has brought out the goodness in most drivers (majority of 4x4 drivers excluded).

Cant get the car parked at work, buses are slow so decided to cycle this morning. A big thanks out to all the drivers for their patience as I couldnt use the bus lanes etc through town due to clumps of ice the size of my fist all over the place. It seems that this weather has brought out the goodness in most drivers (majority of 4x4 drivers excluded).

And ironically, from what I've seen, it's mainly 4x4 drivers that have no idea how to drive in this weather.

The roads out here in FK1 are hellish. The slush has frozen and cars are sliding all over the place.

And ironically, from what I've seen, it's mainly 4x4 drivers that have no idea how to drive in this weather.

The roads out here in FK1 are hellish. The slush has frozen and cars are sliding all over the place.

Saw a 4x4 just up from my house yesterday wait while a girl in a Renault Clio had to come out of the "beaten track" onto layer of fresh snow (which, presumably the 4x4 would have handled no problem) and subsequently get stuck. Thankfully it didn't take much to push the Clio back into the tracks but needless to say the 4x4 had just drove off completely oblivious. ****!

Archived