Police terror fears for Hearts stadium

Sexton Hardcastle

Hopefully this ridiculous story will go away but if it doesn't, Hearts response to mitigate the risk should be to hire the one man anti-terrorist team that is John "Smeato" Smeaton. No terrorist would come within a mile of Tynecastle with him around.

Job done. :)

cobbyshambles
Hopefully this ridiculous story will go away but if it doesn't, Hearts response to mitigate the risk should be to hire the one man anti-terrorist team that is John "Smeato" Smeaton. No terrorist would come within a mile of Tynecastle with him around.

Job done. :)

he's a fake, he didn't do anything.bloody smeaton **** that he is.

Stuart Lyon

It is just the polis covering their backsides. Think of all the other vulnerable car parks in Edinburgh like those underneath cinemas or shopping centres.

Drew Busby !

They better start with a full body search of 15,000 fans on Saturday, because any man, woman or child is easily capable of smuggling in enough explosives to kill and maim at least dozens of others within the existing Tynecastle

What a piece of nonsense from the police. :( If this is how they see the world, then lets have people stopped and searched before going into the cinema...lets not have any cars parked outside of theatres or restaurants...better not have our kids congregating at schools. In fact lets all just stay at home forever with the door locked and watch life happen on TV instead.

Bottom line, if nutters want to bomb the hell out of us they will. And theres nothing the police can do about that today, tomorrow or anytime in the future.

Zali Cinnamon

2,500 people attend Tynecastle twice a season and glorify terrorism when we play Celtic as it is. Should be more concerned with doing something about that rather than the location of a car park.

Csaba's Broon Shoes

St James's Centre , Hotel , shopping mall , underground car park ,

thousands of bodies walking throughout night and day 24/7 for the last

40 year , Fountain Park , Omni Centre , to name but a few similar sites

Paranoid about their paranoia

Hagar the Horrible

How can Al-Ikea call themselves extremist fundamentalists when they don't have their own SPL team?

And as for starting a religious was in Scotland? they are about 300 years TOO LATE!

We should open a Muslim theme bar in the new stand with fully clothed strippers? thats risk management!

another point of note:

Who is to say that the plod don't smuggle in explosives? they should be searched too? even the horses should have a full cavity search with the same unwashed glove prior to searching the Polis!

How can Al-Ikea call themselves extremist fundamentalists when they don't have their own SPL team?

And as for starting a religious was in Scotland? they are about 300 years TOO LATE!

We should open a Muslim theme bar in the new stand with fully clothed strippers? thats risk management!

another point of note:

Who is to say that the plod don't smuggle in explosives? they should be searched too? even the horses should have a full cavity search with the same unwashed glove prior to searching the Polis!

Best post in weeks :)

this was posted the other day

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7027

post 20 shows the actual response from the police

That was me

The letter has been available on the council planning site for almost a fortnight without any mention in the press. I'd been meaning to use that thread to post rolling updates as and summaries of the correspondance as items arrived but the L&BP one is so long and dull that it took me a while to get round to transcribing it. Bizarrely it appears in the evening news the very next day.

Despite being 12 days late I still managed to "scoop" the EEN.

Were I grumpier I might express annoyance at my being plagiarised without credit being given but after going to all the effort of typing that in from the PDF I'm glad that at least someone has read it.

However if you're reading this Mr Roden (and you clearly do follow my work)....

Mines' an IPA

Carl Spackler

I think this perfectly illustrates the nature of the tabloid press.

The police consultation in a planning application is a standard thing and as has been pointed out above is as much a backside covering exercise as anything else.

Whilst not telling lies necessarily the article is certainly making a mountain out of a molehill. It is an attempt to create something newsworthy, a headline to sell papers when it is in fact run of the mill. It's cheating the reader. And as Topcat has said it's several days late (stock article for a slow news day obviously).

Oh and following the Express' climbdown and admission they were telling out and out lies with the McCann's story who believes we are getting an Icelandic manager or any of the other nonsense they've gone out on a limb to report?

Don't believe everything you read or at least take it with a big pinch of salt!

colinmaroon

And where's the space for building the Ark???

Seymour M Hersh

It's an easy answer to the question of how we are best able to avoid terrorists at Tynecastle. Ban the Old Firm!!! :107years:

Miller Jambo 60
he's a fake, he didn't do anything.bloody smeaton **** that he is.

Another weegie fake having a fag.

Rangers minger:107years::107years::107years::107years::107years:

J.T.F.Robertson
And where's the space for building the Ark???

There's noahnough room for it. :o

Anyone got any bat poison? Get those little f****** out our ground.

COULD BE WORSE. THEY COULD BE HOBO'S

SNH now want us to provide better facilities for BATS!! WTF?

So we've got to look out for the bats AND the bams!!!!

Shows that this planning application is being taken seriously, I suppose?

Archived