Frail - Bad apple.

We_are_the_Hearts

We_are_the_Hearts

Frail is like one of the bad apples you get at work. The one who agrees with and does anything the management want - even if it is to the detriment of his fellow employees or in this case us.....the fans. You know the type. About time he grew some Kahoonas and said that to match the expectations that Vlad has put on the club he is going to have to sort the club out from top to bottom and employ better coaches, experienced manager and better players. Frail would benefit a lot more from working with an experienced manager than trying to steer this rudderless ship. Some of Frails comments are laughable and he is taking the fans for mugs.....just like the Vlad man does:mad:

Drylaw Hearts
Frail is like one of the bad apples you get at work. The one who agrees with and does anything the management want. You know the type. About time he grew some Kahoonas and said that to match the expectations that Vlad has put on the club he is going to have to sort the club out from top to bottom and employ better coaches, experienced manager and better players. Frail would benefit a lot more from working with an experienced manager than trying to steer this rudderless ship. Some of Frails comments are laughable and he is taking the fans for mugs.....just like the Vlad man does:mad:

Most people do what their Managers tell them.

Unless your a Lithuianian player on loan from FBK Kaunas to Hearts.

Frail is like one of the bad apples you get at work. The one who agrees with and does anything the management want - even if it is to the detriment of his fellow employees or in this case us.....the fans. You know the type. About time he grew some Kahoonas and said that to match the expectations that Vlad has put on the club he is going to have to sort the club out from top to bottom and employ better coaches, experienced manager and better players. Frail would benefit a lot more from working with an experienced manager than trying to steer this rudderless ship. Some of Frails comments are laughable and he is taking the fans for mugs.....just like the Vlad man does:mad:

Yeah.

Frail GTF.

He's ruining the club everyday.

He probably drinks too much as well.

Boooooooooooooooooo.

Frail does not have the balls!! I agree with what you are saying though!

Well I hope he has the balls when it all goes from bad to worse and he is held accountable...untill now he has been getting off lightly!

I think he needs poked in the heed with a ****ey stick and told to grow a pair of balls!

Genuine questions:

Has our league record from the Killie game until Saturday been bettered since Burley?

How does Frails first run of games in charge compare with the stats of other new managers?

We_are_the_Hearts
Genuine questions:

Has our league record from the Killie game until Saturday been bettered since Burley?

How does Frails first run of games in charge compare with the stats of other new managers?

Rangers 0-2

Rangers 0-4

Celtic 0-3

Our owner told us we would be competing with the OF and it wouldn't be a problenm to spend ?10m on a player.

I may have missed it but I can't remember the owner coming out and loweing expectations since or admitting he was talking nonsense?

The problem at OUR club is bigger than a few results.

Genuine questions:

You sir are a complete idiot !

HOW CARE YOU POST SOMETHING THAT MADE SENSES ! YOU DON"T LOVE THE CLUB ! BLAH BLAH BLAH;)

these message boards are only for one reason only, to have a go at heart of midlothian football club, please remember that next time you care to share your thoughts.

now where were we, whos going around to touch frails car !

Rangers 0-2

Rangers 0-4

Celtic 0-3

Our owner told us we would be competing with the OF and it wouldn't be a problenm to spend ?10m on a player.

I may have missed it but I can't remember the owner coming out and loweing expectations since or admitting he was talking nonsense?

How does all of the above make Frail a "bad apple"?

We_are_the_Hearts
How does all of the above make Frail a "bad apple"?

Because he is coming out and telling us he has good players, we have a good squad, Elliott and Mole are the next best things since sliced bread. It is obvious to anyone who knows football that these players are not good enough. We need someone stronger at the helm who will say it as it is and not what Vlad wants him to say. How can you not see that?

chester copperpot

You got a fetish for motor cars or summat? :eek:;)

Because he is coming out and telling us he has good players, we have a good squad, Elliott and Mole are the next best things since sliced bread. It is obvious to anyone who knows football that these players are not good enough. We need someone stronger at the helm who will say it as it is and not what Vlad wants him to say. How can you not see that?

Two things.

(1) What do you want him to come out and say?.......

Evening New Hack: Stevie, what do you think about your current squad?

Shaggy: They're crap! They couldn't handle a Sunday amateur league! You have no idea how pish footballers they really are!

(2) Re the part emboldened.

Show me your medals. Or at least explain to me how YOU know more about football than guy's whose whole lifes have been spent playing & coaching football. And i'm not just talking about Shaggy here.

You sir are a complete idiot !

HOW CARE YOU POST SOMETHING THAT MADE SENSES ! YOU DON"T LOVE THE CLUB ! BLAH BLAH BLAH;)

these message boards are only for one reason only, to have a go at heart of midlothian football club, please remember that next time you care to share your thoughts.

Well, I usually am fairly negative to be honest!

However people ranting and ravning at Frail and ranting and raving at Elliot are missing the point hugely

And, in actual fact, Frail has done a good job in awful circumstances, particularly in the league.

That doesnt mean I want him as manager next season

It doesnt mean we dont need better players

Nelly Terraces

I can't get the Lyrics to 'One Bad Apple - Don't Spoil a Whole Lotta Girls' by the Jackson 5 out my head now.

Might ask Scotty W to play that at HT on Saturday.

Chamone!

NT

Hilary Briss

To be fair to Frail, he has improved things since he came in. All managers talk their players up, nothing new there.

Having said that, its clear we need a new manager to come in with a big ass broom and clear out the dross, with no loyalties to current players.

brellierlegend

Harsh on Frail I think. Football is very different to most professions. You can be wonderful one day and sacked the next.

I think its harsh for us as supporters to demand Frail "grows some nads" and tells Romanov that he is a bellend! The bottom line is the guy needs a job.

Harsh on Frail I think. Football is very different to most professions. You can be wonderful one day and sacked the next.

I think its harsh for us as supporters to demand Frail "grows some nads" and tells Romanov that he is a bellend! The bottom line is the guy needs a job.

Fair enough! but do you really want someone as manager because he needs a job?

jim duffy could do with a job!

brellierlegend
Fair enough! but do you really want someone as manager because he needs a job?

jim duffy could do with a job!

Dont really want Frail as manager but just feel some fans are harsh on him.

Auld Reekin'
Frail is like one of the bad apples you get at work. The one who agrees with and does anything the management want - even if it is to the detriment of his fellow employees or in this case us.....the fans. You know the type. About time he grew some Kahoonas * and said that to match the expectations that Vlad has put on the club he is going to have to sort the club out from top to bottom and employ better coaches, experienced manager and better players. Frail would benefit a lot more from working with an experienced manager than trying to steer this rudderless ship. ** Some of Frails comments are laughable and he is taking the fans for mugs.....just like the Vlad man does:mad:

* Cojones.

** Entirely agree, but that's hardly Frail's fault is it?

Rangers 0-2

Rangers 0-4

Celtic 0-3

But still you save all your venom for Frail? :confused: None of the above is his fault and there is nothing he could do to change any of it.

Absolutely agree, once again. However, you may remember that we had a guy like that once... until Romanov sacked him.

Since Burley, Romanov has made it crystal-clear that he will not tolerate anyone who wishes to implement their own ideas over footballing matters at Hearts. Because of this fact he has appointed a succession of weak and compliant coaches who will do exactly as they're told. At the moment, it's difficult to tell if Romanov is giving Frail a free reign in team matters or if he's still interfering to an extent, only more subtly than before. I personally believe that the latter is the case.

Either way, to direct all of the blame at Frail - who is having to work with a set of players that few fans believe are of the required quality, and with a squad drastically weakened by the transfer of our most effective forward and top goal scorer - is missing the point entirely. Aim higher. (Oh, and seven or eight hundred miles to the east...)

We_are_the_Hearts
* Cojones.

** Entirely agree, but that's hardly Frail's fault is it?

But still you save all your venom for Frail? :confused: None of the above is his fault and there is nothing he could do to change any of it.

Absolutely agree, once again. However, you may remember that we had a guy like that once... until Romanov sacked him.

Since Burley, Romanov has made it crystal-clear that he will not tolerate anyone who wishes to implement their own ideas over footballing matters at Hearts. Because of this fact he has appointed a succession of weak and compliant coaches who will do exactly as they're told. At the moment, it's difficult to tell if Romanov is giving Frail a free reign in team matters or if he's still interfering to an extent, only more subtly than before. I personally believe that the latter is the case.

Either way, to direct all of the blame at Frail - who is having to work with a set of players that few fans believe are of the required quality, and with a squad drastically weakened by the transfer of our most effective forward and top goal scorer - is missing the point entirely. Aim higher. (Oh, and seven or eight hundred miles to the east...)

Vlad is to blame no doubt but Frail is not helping matters. We know they are not the required qaulity but I keep reading on the wbsite and Evening News that Frail thinks they are. He will feed this back to Vlad who will then believe they are. That's why i am saying we need someone to say it HOW IT IS. I know the blame lies with Vlad and I am personally NOT giving him my Season Ticket money until he does something about it.

Auld Reekin'
Frail does not have the balls!! I agree with what you are saying though!

Well I hope he has the balls when it all goes from bad to worse and he is held accountable...untill now he has been getting off lightly!

I think he needs poked in the heed with a ****ey stick and told to grow a pair of balls!

Again with the unhealthy interest in Frail's testicles...???!!!??? (Beginning to wonder about some of you guys...! ;) )

Leave 'em alone, willya?!?!?!?!?

As I've stated already in this post and many times before, blaming Frail for our present situation is nonsensical: he cannot do anything other than what he is already doing - trying to the best of his ability to get the best possible results from the squad of players at his disposal (and quite possibly doing so with Romanov still interfering) - to try and turn our fortunes around.

Aim higher, and further east...

We_are_the_Hearts
Two things.

(1) What do you want him to come out and say?.......

Evening New Hack: Stevie, what do you think about your current squad?

Shaggy: They're crap! They couldn't handle a Sunday amateur league! You have no idea how pish footballers they really are!

(2) Re the part emboldened.

Show me your medals. Or at least explain to me how YOU know more about football than guy's whose whole lifes have been spent playing & coaching football. And i'm not just talking about Shaggy here.

Spent my whole life playing and watching football just like Shaggy, not to the same level though. Does that mean Butch Harmon isn't qualified to tell Tiger Woods how to play golf? Oh and how many medals has Frail got?

Spent my whole life playing and watching football just like Shaggy, not to the same level though. Does that mean Butch Harmon isn't qualified to tell Tiger Woods how to play golf? Oh and how many medals has Frail got?

Bravo.

Completely ignoring the first point and then getting the secong point all arse over tit.

I said i wasn't just talking about Shaggy. I was talking about every other coach or manager who has selected Elliot - Who is more qualified to talk about CE, them or you?

Butch Harmon doesn't tell Tiger Woods how to play golf and he hasn't for some time now.

Show me your medals is simply a phrase often used. I would have thought you'd have known that given you've played football.

Auld Reekin'
Vlad is to blame no doubt but Frail is not helping matters. We know they are not the required qaulity but I keep reading on the wbsite and Evening News that Frail thinks they are. He will feed this back to Vlad who will then believe they are. That's why i am saying we need someone to say it HOW IT IS. I know the blame lies with Vlad and I am personally NOT giving him my Season Ticket money until he does something about it.

I very much doubt that Romanov would take Frail's word for it regarding the quality of the players at Hearts. It's not as if Frail is Romanov's sole point of contact here: he also has Korobochka and various Lithuanian lackeys on site, who I'm certain will be in more constant communication with VR, and in his own language too.

The last Hearts' employees to go up against Romanov (Burely and Anderton) were sacked as soon as Romanov had gained the majority shareholding. Unless Romanov changes his approach radically, do you really think he would accept anyone telling him "HOW IT IS"? Time will tell if his approach has changed, or will do in the future.

Anyway, what do you suggest would be the best thing for Frail to do help the situation at Hearts? Resign?

There is certainly a chain of thought that, if Frail did resign, it would somehow "force" Romanov to immediately see the error of his ways over the past 2.5 years and appoint an autonomous, experienced, and capable manager as soon as possible to replace Frail. I see two major problems with this arguement:

1) The Romanov Regime has already stated that this is it's intention. All of us are waiting impatiently to see if this happens. Personally, as the process (whatever it actually is that the RR has done so far to bring this about...) has taken as long as it has to date, I don't see that Frail resigning now would do anything at all to speed this up. All that would happen initially is that Korobochka, or someone else from Romanov's "pyramid", would assume the caretaker manager's role. Not a big step forward, I hope you would agree.

2) It doesn't seem to me as if it will ever be possible to "force" Romanov to do anything that is against his better judgement :confused:, no matter the circumstances.

We_are_the_Hearts
Bravo.

Completely ignoring the first point and then getting the secong point all arse over tit.

I said i wasn't just talking about Shaggy. I was talking about every other coach or manager who has selected Elliot - Who is more qualified to talk about CE, them or you?

Butch Harmon doesn't tell Tiger Woods how to play golf and he hasn't for some time now.

Show me your medals is simply a phrase often used. I would have thought you'd have known that given you've played football.

I answered the first point in my reply to auld reekie.

I have seen enough of CE with my own eyes to know he is NOT the answer. Don't give a monkeys what anyone else thinks.

Show me your medals - only ever heard it by people playing in successful teams or with a decent career behind them.

You are obviously happy with the job Frail is doing and the consistent praising of our players and squad. I am not so we would be best to leave it at that. Opinions are like erseholes, everybody has one.

Auld Reekin'
Frail is similar to Valdas in that he also has NO backbone.

Well, Romanov is hardly renowned for appointing people with this precious commodity is he? The last two - Burley and Anderton - he got rid of as quickly as he could.

If an experienced, competent manager - with complete control over footballing matters - is appointed, then it will show (at least for the duration of this manager's period of employment at Hearts! :mw_rolleyes: ) that Romanov has at last seen sense. Until then, it'll be more of the same...

We_are_the_Hearts
I very much doubt that Romanov would take Frail's word for it regarding the quality of the players at Hearts. It's not as if Frail is Romanov's sole point of contact here: he also has Korobochka and various Lithuanian lackeys on site, who I'm certain will be in more constant communication with VR, and in his own language too.

The last Hearts' employees to go up against Romanov (Burely and Anderton) were sacked as soon as Romanov had gained the majority shareholding. Unless Romanov changes his approach radically, do you really think he would accept anyone telling him "HOW IT IS"? Time will tell if his approach has changed, or will do in the future.

Anyway, what do you suggest would be the best thing for Frail to do help the situation at Hearts? Resign?

There is certainly a chain of thought that, if Frail did resign, it would somehow "force" Romanov to immediately see the error of his ways over the past 2.5 years and appoint an autonomous, experienced, and capable manager as soon as possible to replace Frail. I see two major problems with this arguement:

1) The Romanov Regime has already stated that this is it's intention. All of us are waiting impatiently to see if this happens. Personally, as the process (whatever it actually is that the RR has done so far to bring this about...) has taken as long as it has to date, I don't see that Frail resigning now would do anything at all to speed this up. All that would happen initially is that Korobochka, or someone else from Romanov's "pyramid", would assume the caretaker manager's role. Not a big step forward, I hope you would agree.

2) It doesn't seem to me as if it will ever be possible to "force" Romanov to do anything that is against his better judgement :confused:, no matter the circumstances.

So does that mean you are now just resigned to putting up with whatever Romanov decides? It would appear that way which is your choice. Me, I would rather spend my Saturday with the chick and my wee boy or go for a beer with the boys before giving Vlad any more money. It's not the Hearts I grew up watching.

I have watched these players with my own eyes and Frails judgement just doesn't add up to me. I personally believe he is trying to keep himself in a job with his comments.

Give us a manager or GTF should be the slogan.............not this Heart & Soul nonsense!

...You are obviously happy with the job Frail is doing and the consistent praising of our players and squad. I am not so we would be best to leave it at that. Opinions are like erseholes, everybody has one.

Don't try to put words in mouth.

Am i happier with Frail in the job than some VR flunkie? - Yes.

Do i want a manager, in the terms of the New Years Day statment, to be given the job? - Yes.

Do i think the squad deserves praise? - No.

Do i think our (or any other manager for that matter) should publically criticise his players in the media instead of behind closed doors? - No.

I think that about covers my opinion.

But we do agree on something, Opinions are like arsehole's and everybody does have one.

I answered the first point in my reply to auld reekie.

I have seen enough of CE with my own eyes to know he is NOT the answer. Don't give a monkeys what anyone else thinks.

Show me your medals - only ever heard it by people playing in successful teams or with a decent career behind them.

You are obviously happy with the job Frail is doing and the consistent praising of our players and squad. I am not so we would be best to leave it at that. Opinions are like erseholes, everybody has one.

Frail is trying to build the confidence of his team. His team so far has been a really young team and has been built around Hearts youth team players - the highly paid prima donnas and the Kaunas duds have not had a significant role. The results under Frail have been quite good - other than the Old Firm games - and it would seem to me that his managerial style is getting a good response from the young players in the team. Nothing wrong with him building the confidence of his team.

Of course we know that a vast number of overpaid, never seen players and the Kaunas duds have to leave the squad. Frail will know that too. But there is no point in him moaning about the situation in the way that we rightly do.

Auld Reekin'
So does that mean you are now just resigned to putting up with whatever Romanov decides? It would appear that way which is your choice. Me, I would rather spend my Saturday with the chick and my wee boy or go for a beer with the boys before giving Vlad any more money. It's not the Hearts I grew up watching.

I have watched these players with my own eyes and Frails judgement just doesn't add up to me. I personally believe he is trying to keep himself in a job with his comments.

Give us a manager or GTF should be the slogan.............not this Heart & Soul nonsense!

Unfortunately, Romanov has got us over a barrel. Unless another very wealthy individual has a bid to buy over the club accepted, then we're stuck with him. I think the only thing that we, as individual fans, can do to "encourage" VR to run Hearts in a sensible manner is for enough of us to withhold our season ticket money until the promised manager is appointed.

I share your reluctance to put any more money in his pocket until things are greatly improved at Hearts. I also share your dismay at the present situation. However, I put the blame for our current situation absolutely on Romanov's head and not on those he has appointed: particularly not those like Frail, who I think are trying to do their best for the club under very difficult circumstances.

We_are_the_Hearts
Unfortunately, Romanov has got us over a barrel. Unless another very wealthy individual has a bid to buy over the club accepted, then we're stuck with him. I think the only thing that we, as individual fans, can do to "encourage" VR to run Hearts in a sensible manner is for enough of us to withhold our season ticket money until the promised manager is appointed.

I share your reluctance to put any more money in his pocket until things are greatly improved at Hearts. I also share your dismay at the present situation. However, I put the blame for our current situation absolutely on Romanov's head and not on those he has appointed: particularly not those like Frail, who I think are trying to do their best for the club under very difficult circumstances.

Glad we are almost agreeing on things, I just think Frails comments are more damaging than you. Believe it or not I do like frail, I just question his football opinion and his motives. He is out his depth and could end up damaging his career.

I bet you're a hero to the people you work with. Always first to fearlessly criticise your boss and fellow employees. Nobody messes with you, eh? Stand up to shout about everything you disagree with? Tell management how to run the company. Aye right. More likely a bag of wind methinks.

cobbyshambles

frail does exactly what romanov asks,he's no better or braver than charlie mann when it comes to speaking out.

We_are_the_Hearts
I bet you're a hero to the people you work with. Always first to fearlessly criticise your boss and fellow employees. Nobody messes with you, eh? Stand up to shout about everything you disagree with? Tell management how to run the company. Aye right. More likely a bag of wind methinks.

And you base this on.............. If you want to take this further then feel free to use the PM and I can introduce myself at a game:mad:

It was the same when joan collins was hibs manager and he kept playing stevenson and mccann.Pantyliner comes in and they are rested and loads of youngsters like gray and lynch go out on loan and surprise,surprise hibs get results and these guys on loan and are doing well.Frail has no alternatives to mole and elliot while nade is injured and compared to the likes of hibs and well with the amount of forwards they have to chose a pretty damning indictment of vlad im afraid.

If you've ever worked in a role where you are the public face of your employer you would know that for Frail to say the kinds of things proposed in some of the more naive posts would lead to instant dismissal.

Those who say that Frail lacks balls are really saying he should resign. What would that achieve?

I don't think Frail should be the long-term manager but I back him 100% to do the job he's been given, and I hope he stays after the new manager is appointed in the close season. Maybe even this close season!

Archived