That'll be the day

janie jones

Was having a clear out in the loft and came across this book which really captures everything about THAT weekend and what it meant and still means.

Love this quote at the beginning "For many it was once in a lifetime happenning and if lots of people have described it as the best day of their life, it's not that they lack imagination, nor do they lead sad or barren lives, it's just that real life rarely offers anything so joyous, such instant gratification or vicarious and collective pleasure than watching your football team on such an occasion."

Half way through this and many of the stories have had me laughing out loud, nodding in recognition and a few brought me to tears.

I particularly love the story of the two guys who felt that by cleaning Bobby Walker's grave that this would end the cup hoodoo and they finished restoring it the night before the game!

Must be a few people on here who have their stories in the book - I recognise Eggo a few pages in for example. Anyway I am off to read the rest of it. If you haven't got this you should beg, borrow or steal it- I can feel the Parkhead sun scorching my face as I type!!!!

Archived