Trains - Edinburgh to Glasgow

Homme

Appreciate this wont concern much people on here but the timetable for the new rail line between Edinburgh and Glasgow has been released.

http://www.scotrail.co.uk/sites/default/files/documents/Glasgow-Edinburgh_via_A2B.web.pdf

This is up until May, where extra services will then be added (faster trains between Edinburgh and Glasgow).

I've been looking forward to this day, as a commuter from Bathgate to Glasgow i am fed up of the daily drive on the abysmal M8.

Any North Lanarkshire jambo's on here (Wee Airdrie Jambo?!) will have extra options of travel to Tynecastle and Edinburgh which can only be a good thing.

Its gonna improve my social life. No more running for the 23:18 from waverley to Uphall, another train just before midnight means another 2 pints o wifebeater........

But great to be able to get to the weeg in an hour from Uphall, Wonder what ticket prices will be?

• 1 month later...

Never been to Helensburgh. Is it worth a visit? :mellow:

Certainly is, but even more important to people of a certain age we can get the train direct to the Golden Jubilee Hospital.

Toxteth O'Grady

Any North Lanarkshire jambo's on here (Wee Airdrie Jambo?!) will have extra options of travel to Tynecastle and Edinburgh which can only be a good thing.

:unsure:

CavySlaveJambo

looks like the service is running now, however Armadale and a couple of other stations still aren't completed so having to get a bus for part of the route.

I was on the train last monday(2351), It was me and the conductress till edinburgh park, I felt like royalty..................

I was on the train last monday(2351), It was me and the conductress till edinburgh park, I felt like royalty..................

Trains have guards and/or ticket inspectors not conductors.

Only if you listen to the unions. B)

Depends on what role they do, some are guards which is different to TE's.

Archived