Atmosphere (Merged Threads)

Teddy

scottish_chicP

I haven't read through the whole thread but I would add weather as a factor to the atmosphere at a game. It was bloody freezing on Sat and I was drenched right through, didn't feel much like singing.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The atmosphere at Tynie on most occassions is similar to what it is anywhere else you go on dreary days for "smaller" matches.

But when Tynie is rocking then it is better than most other places when they have a good atmosphere.

I'm really not sure what people are expecting.

On a side note with the atmosphere thing, how poor was Hamiltons support on Saturday? Barely 100 I reckon.

Possibly one of the smaller away supports we've had in the last 10 years.

I do hope you've spoken to the PC brigade about this at the match and not just come on here to whine about it afterwards. :whistling:

I don't sit among - or near - the PC Brigade so cannot discuss the subject with them. :whistling:

I don't sit among - or near - the PC Brigade so cannot discuss the subject with them. :whistling:

Where do they sit, Therapist?

Just so as, you understand, I can avoid them in future visits to games. Well, the small minority that actually attend matches, anyway. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Where do they sit, Therapist?

Just so as, you understand, I can avoid them in future visits to games. Well, the small minority that actually attend matches, anyway. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

They slither about in small groups. I can't say exactly where they sit, but I can say that the only areas that are hand-wringer free are E Upper (Platinum) and N. :thumbsup:

Definitely no tartan rugs in Upper S either, T.

Why, only 3 weeks ago someone stamped their feet along to the Hearts song. :thumbsup:

Why, only 3 weeks ago someone stamped their feet along to the Hearts song. :thumbsup:

I hope you reported them using the club's anonymous "grass line". There's no place for people like that at Tynecastle as they spoil the good name of the club. :lol:

I hope you reported them using the club's anonymous "grass line". There's no place for people like that at Tynecastle as they spoil the good name of the club. :lol:

I would have, but I had already been given a dressing down for having my mobile switched on earlier in the game. I just couldn't handle the judging eyes as they chewed on their crayfish wraps.

seeing the ground emptying well before the final whistle does not help the atmosphere either.. why can people just stay in their seats until the end and clap and cheer the team off after another win...whats the hurry to get out off the ground.....its not as if we win 4 in a row very often...:down:

I agree with your comments about leaving early, it's very strange, it makes me wonder if they do it when they go to the cinema as well.

They can't be in particularly small groups as being a "Brigade" implies that there's several thousand of them (Note to Therapist, ask your son)

Are you sure you don't mean the "Right on patrol", the "Polite platoon" in the or the "Good natured Company" of Section B

They can't be in particularly small groups as being a "Brigade" implies that there's several thousand of them (Note to Therapist, ask your son)

Are you sure you don't mean the "Right on patrol", the "Polite platoon" in the or the "Good natured Company" of Section B

Interesting observation, TC. I shall check with my laddie and get back to you. :thumbsup:

I think the problem with atmosphere is the lack of travelling supports.

The OF Hobos and to an extent Aberdeen bring big crowds and that gets us going. :thumbsup: How bad was Hamiltons support on Saturday? I reckon maybe 120 fans. How can they create a noise?

Remember the Motherwell cup game a few years ago? That was a great atmosphere because they filled the school end.

Aberdeen bring big crowds

I've read on a few cod head web sites that they regularly have 6,000 in the Roseburn Stand.

The People's Chimp

It would appear that Adrian Pole's mobile has been red hot lately.

I've read on a few cod head web sites that they regularly have 6,000 in the Roseburn Stand.

You need specs then. I read 8,000. :lol:

I agree with your comments about leaving early, it's very strange, it makes me wonder if they do it when they go to the cinema as well.

I'd imagine they were hoping to be first to the bar and to get a seat for Soccer Saturday. With the match wrapped up, the atmosphere quiet and the weather baltic that's what I'd do.

pettigrewsstylist

:rofl:

Are you for real?

The existence of a company called John Alfred Prestwich which makes engines under the J.A.P. acronym is not proof that the word is not used as a racist term for Japanese people. :rofl:

You also do not ride a J A P bike... you ride a Japanese bike. Again, your use of a racist term doesn't constitute proof that it is not racist. :rofl:

Try again.

What about when they marched my granpa to his death for no reason,,,,,,,,,when will you stop this madness? I will call them whatever i like in the country i live in,,,,,,,,,,,and i would love my day in court to defend it beleive me.

pettigrewsstylist

So that fact I did't mention "chocolate face" makes me more racist than you, [mod edit]

:ninja: PS. Is this a racist smiley?

biker jambo,,,,,,,you dont stand alone mate :thumbsup:

pettigrewsstylist

to get back on topic though i think we have a right morale kicking over the mad ones nonsense over last 3 seasons and we are struggling to get back to where we where (as though we are waiting for him to wreck it all again any day)

What about when they marched my granpa to his death for no reason,,,,,,,,,when will you stop this madness? I will call them whatever i like in the country i live in,,,,,,,,,,,and i would love my day in court to defend it beleive me.

What a ******* moron.

pettigrewsstylist

ohhhhhhhhhhhh,,,,,thats very good :teehee:

As much as I'm sorry to hear about your grandad, I don't think that's relevant in the slightest, to be honest. What happened in a conflict 65-70 years ago doesn't have any bearing on whether a term is racist or not in today's world, quite frankly.

The rest doesn't make any sense,,,,,,,,,,,,but if you think calling folk whatever derogatory names you wish based on their race is all good because you're in your country, bash on,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

They locked up my great aunt too.

But to be fair she did release Sarin gas on the Tokyo metro in 1995 so she probably had it coming

pettigrewsstylist

As much as I'm sorry to hear about your grandad, I don't think that's relevant in the slightest, to be honest. What happened in a conflict 65-70 years ago doesn't have any bearing on whether a term is racist or not in today's world, quite frankly.

The rest doesn't make any sense,,,,,,,,,,,,but if you think calling folk whatever derogatory names you wish based on their race is all good because you're in your country, bash on,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

dont want to hijack someone elses topic with off topic debate,,,,,gonna bow out gracefully on this one

Guest John Meurig Thomas

dont want to hijack someone elses topic with off topic debate,,,,,gonna bow out gracefully on this one

Feel free to crack on. I hijack threads with my shite patter all the time so it's only fair.

Feel free to crack on. I hijack threads with my shite patter all the time so it's only fair.

I agree. Please continue.

To be fair, although it is a sensitive topic, talking about mid twentieth century Japanese soldiers hardly has much to do with the atmosphere at a Scottish football stadium does it!

Fortunately were I sit (Platinum) in Section B, there is a nice mix of friendly banter and good old fashioned abuse and a distinct lack of singing, I like this sort of atmosphere which is why I choose to sit there.

Oh yes........We also have a confetti thrower, love it :woot:

So do i neighbour. :thumbsup:

Guest Dr. Pepper

They are an ethnic group with a nasty side that much is true

:angry:

Guest John Meurig Thomas

To be fair, although it is a sensitive topic, talking about mid twentieth century Japanese soldiers hardly has much to do with the atmosphere at a Scottish football stadium does it!

You're right. I think threads naturally flow and meander through different topics, though.

Era Macaroons

you've nipped it in the bud.

Fozzyonthefence

So if I say the word Brit or Scot then I'm racist? Have a word with yourself please!

:verymad:

Beat me to it. I've never understood this notion that abbreviating someone's nationality is is some way racist or derogatory - total pish and political corectness gone mad.

Archived