That points formula.

Frankenstein Jambo.

Frankenstein Jambo.

Anyone been keeping up to date with this?

Would be interesting to see where we are in terms of qualifing for europe with this formula...

please sir, what are you on about?

Somebody poster a formula at the start of the season (points per game sort of thing), that would be needed to achieve a third place finish. Think this is what the OP is refering to.

Somebody poster a formula at the start of the season (points per game sort of thing), that would be needed to achieve a third place finish. Think this is what the OP is refering to.

ah... ok thanks.

i think i'll just stick to hoping the team score as many points as they can at any given time.

26 points from 14 games. = 1.86Pts/game

That would see us on 61 points from 33 games by the split

In the last 10 years Dundee United (63 last Season) and Aberdeen (65 in 2006/07) are the only sides outside of Hearts and the old firm to get more than 61 points from a full 38 game season so 61 points from 33 would most almost certainly see us go on to take 3rd

as i recall you basicly took away the 8 OF games leaving 15 home and 15 away fixtures

if you won all your home games and drew all your aways it gave 60points which is usually good enough for 3rd.

currently for we are -7 on home games (-6 for motherwell and killie. -4 for st johnstone and dundee, +3 for celtic)

and for away games we are +10 having won our five non OF ties to date.

so +3 overall.

That 'formula' gives a good insight into what we have to do to finish 3rd but it is actually inaccurate.

That calculation relies on the fact that we will keep the same point to game ratio throughout the season which is very unlikely. Plus the results of the teams around us may fluctuate meaning we may have to have to gain more or less points.

Lets take it 'one game at a time' !

26 points from 14 games. = 1.86Pts/game

That would see us on 61 points from 33 games by the split

In the last 10 years Dundee United (63 last Season) and Aberdeen (65 in 2006/07) are the only sides outside of Hearts and the old firm to get more than 61 points from a full 38 game season so 61 points from 33 would most almost certainly see us go on to take 3rd

"most almost certainly"?

WTF does that mean?!

Frankenstein Jambo.

"most almost certainly"?

WTF does that mean?!

Self-explanitory IMO.

It doesn't look as if any team other than us (outwith the old-firm) will achieve more than 60-61 points. So, almost certainly we will finish third.

I prefer the easier option of looking at the league table, if we're 3rd then we qualify, simples! :thumbsup:

This works for me as well John. :thumb:

Self-explanitory IMO.

It doesn't look as if any team other than us (outwith the old-firm) will achieve more than 60-61 points. So, almost certainly we will finish third.

Is "most almost" certainly, more certain than "most certainly" or "almost certainly" ?

Confused.

Is "most almost" certainly, more certain than "most certainly" or "almost certainly" ?

Confused.

It's a definite maybe......

jt

Anyone been keeping up to date with this?

Would be interesting to see where we are in terms of qualifing for europe with this formula...

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You couldn't make it up. :lol:

Archived