Upcoming away games

jamdunc

I am really happy with the form at the moment and 18 points from 21 is amazing.

I would take a draw in each of the next 2 games (away to Well and Gers)

:thumbsup:

Thoughts?

we're due wins over both and I think JJ has the mentality right!

I'd take 2 right now though!

Next Sunday is a really big game now. An opportunity to put some daylight between us and the rest. It will be anything but easy though as we seem to have had some horrible performances at Murderwell in recent times (against Gretna and St Midden as well !). One other little side thought for next weekend is whether ICT can avoid defeat at Darkheid. If they do they will come to Tynie on the 18th December in their final away match of 2010 looking to go undefeated on their travels for the WHOLE calendar year !

Whatever happens next week I really really hope JJ sends us out to attack at Castle Greyskull the following week as they are vulnerable at the back and its about time we went to win there instead of hoping something good might happen whilst all the time waiting for them to go ahead. We have the players and confidence to worry them.

Delighted with the results just now of course but, Celtic apart, they have been achieved against teams of far less quality than Motherwell and Rangers, and, Celtic apart, we havent exactly set the heather alight performance wise.

Results wise we've got a great platform to build from but we'll need to up the performance to the level we had against Celtic to take anything at all from either Motherwell or Rangers.

Might take a point at Motherwell. Might even surprise us and take all 3.

Cant see us getting anything at Ibrox unless we go there with a bit of swagger and a nothing to lose attitude (a bit like Hibs did) and get right in their faces. I'd rather we went there and gave it a real go and got humped 3 or 4 than sit back an wait for the inevitable late penalty to beat us.

Of course, the thing we have now that we didnt have for a few years might well see us take something from both games (i.e. We are likely to score and very possibly more than once)

Mac_fae_Gillie

we have been riding our luck a lot...

result over motherwell is all that matters.defeat to rangers doesn't effect overall run for europe but could hurt moral.

Motherwell up until fortnight ago were playing great but had a few points dropped and have yet to play either O/F this quarter so a good time to play them and looking for a win,but going away with a draw will not be too painful.

Rangers...just can't see how hibs beat them but it proves they are beatable.Still think a draw be nice cuss we are weak at the back and i can't see them not scoring...just hope Kello has a great game that day.

we have been riding our luck a lot...

result over motherwell is all that matters.defeat to rangers doesn't effect overall run for europe but could hurt moral.

Motherwell up until fortnight ago were playing great but had a few points dropped and have yet to play either O/F this quarter so a good time to play them and looking for a win,but going away with a draw will not be too painful.

Rangers...just can't see how hibs beat them but it proves they are beatable.Still think a draw be nice cuss we are weak at the back and i can't see them not scoring...just hope Kello has a great game that day.

6 clean sheets in 7 games - best defensive record in Britain!

2 points would be a great achievement. 3 points would obviously be better maths wise but, in a way, staying unbeaten may help us more long term, confidence wise. Coming away from Glasgow with something under the belt would send a signal to others that this isn't a flukey run and to the players themselves that they're onto something here.

That said, 3 points at Motherwell puts a bit of daylight between us.

Duno! 6 points please!!!!

I'd throw the ICT game into the mix and say that the next three games could really shape our season.

Thoughts?

Beat Motherwell and a draw with Rangers would be good for me but if the team that beat celtic turn up then 2 away wins are posible

I'd settle for a point tbh, if we had failed to beat Hamilton, the Motherwell match becomes a must-win but I think if we can maintain that three point gap between ourselves and Motherwell, it will give us a good platform to build on for December.

We have five matches in December, ten points from fifteen doesn't look too unrealistic. We have Rangers away, as well as Kilmarnock away and Inverness at home, these look like the more difficult games of the five, the other two being home to Aberdeen and away to St Mirren. Not a guaranteed six points but matches that we really need to be winning.

Anyway, one game at a time, Motherwell, Fir Park, after their last bad result (lost the Lanarkshire derby 1-0) they won their following 2 games against a hot Inverness and 4-0 against St Johnstone, they've had 2 pretty terrible results for a team challenging for 3rd since then, a loss against Hibs and a draw at St Mirren, they'll be looking to bounce back strong in their next home game and what a perfect chance to do that next week, against Heart of Midlothian - best football team in the country.

The performances in recent games, Celtic and to an extent Hibs apart, have actually been pretty poor. Yesterday was a good win but it was still a bit of a toil against one of the lowest cost teams ever assembled in the SPL. I think the next two games will tell us a lot about what to expect from this season, if we were to win both (unlikely) then I think we can quite credibly talk about challenging for the league title, such would be the momentum the team would have built up.

Guest GhostHunter

The performances in recent games, Celtic and to an extent Hibs, have actually been pretty poor. Yesterday was a good win but it was still a bit of a toil against one of the lowest cost teams ever assembled in the SPL. I think the next two games will tell us a lot about what to expect from this season, if we were to win both (unlikely) then I think we can quite credibly talk about challenging for the league title, such would be the momentum the team would have built up.

Steady Eddie

:huh:

Thoughts?

Beat Motherwell then anything that comes our way at Ibrox will be a bonus

Steady Eddie

:huh:

Big proviso in the quoted post Dex, IF we were to win both, which is highly unlikely. However if that did happen, that would be 8 wins from 9 and with a distinctly mediocre Celtic and a tired and creaking Rangers, it wouldn't be totally out of the question.

I think it is very, very unlikely though, especially given the last two performances have actually been quite poor and have been masked somewhat by the results achieved. For what it's worth, 3 points is the maximum we will achieve from Fir Park and Ibrox in my opinion.

Beat Motherwell then anything that comes our way at Ibrox will be a bonus

I do think that if we beat Well, the Gers game is a "nothing to lose game" as we will probs have a 5 point gap to fourth (inverness away to Celtic) and should attack at the brox!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

A win next Sunday would be fantastic but going to murderwell is never easy. They have some good players and it's a massive game.

However we are on a fantastic run and the players should be pumped up for this. A huge travelling support to cheer on the lads will also help. (quite weird how the ticket info isn't on the website yet)

Going to ibrox is never ever easy and a few great hearts teams over the years have been pumped there. Plus our record in govan is shocking. So I'm going for 3 points at Motherwell and none at ibrox.

We do seem to be getting a bit carried away here right now and many are expecting to get 3 points at Fir Park. I actually think winning at Ibrox would be easier.

Drylaw Hearts

We do seem to be getting a bit carried away here right now and many are expecting to get 3 points at Fir Park. I actually think winning at Ibrox would be easier.

No.

Unemployed Steelmen FC are vastly over rated so we should be looking at taking 3 points back along the M8.

If we play to our potential against Rangers FC we can win there too, but I'd be content with a draw.

Victor Meldrew

I would only be pleased with 6 points - I'm only happy when we win.

I'm not saying that I expect to be happy though....

ToadKiller Dog

There is a danger of giving Murderwell to much respect ,yes a decent organised outfit ,but our form says we should go there expecting to be in with a great chance of full points . Measured arrogance can be a good thing .

No changes for that game . The game against UGLY FC can wait .

No.

Winning at Ibrox is not easier than winning at Fir Park.

Not now and not ever.

Fact. :rolleyes:

Using the term 'fact' when submitting an opinion has to be the most worn out and unoriginal term on the internet.

Anyway, my point was that we do not have a great record at either ground and IMO feel more confident of going to Ibrox than Fir Park. Im not saying that we will go and hump the Hunn there, but that we should show caution going to Fir Park and get stuck into them.

Drylaw Hearts

Using the term 'fact' when submitting an opinion has to be the most worn out and unoriginal term on the internet.

On this occasion it is actually a fact though.

Anyway, my point was that we do not have a great record at either ground and IMO feel more confident of going to Ibrox than Fir Park. Im not saying that we will go and hump the Hunn there, but that we should show caution going to Fir Park and get stuck into them.

What makes you more confident going to Ibrox ?

On this occasion it is actually a fact though.

What makes you more confident going to Ibrox ?

The wee team won there for a start.

Rangers are struggling through their games right now - yes they are winning like yesterday, but they are starting to flag IMO.

Drylaw Hearts

The wee team won there for a start.

Rangers are struggling through their games right now - yes they are winning like yesterday, but they are starting to flag IMO.

Oh dear.

Firstly........

Just because one team gets a result there doesn't open the way for everyone to win there.

Football doesn't actually work like that.

Secondly.......

We've hardly set the heather on fire ourselves in the last 2 matches. We've won but much like Rangers - it hasn't been that easy.

I do think that if we beat Well, the Gers game is a "nothing to lose game" as we will probs have a 5 point gap to fourth (inverness away to Celtic) and should attack at the brox!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

That will be ICT who have been unbeaten away from home in nearly a year and where do we play them? Tired worn out clich? but there are no easy games.

If we are to get 2 points I'd rather they were both 0-0, 4 points 1 or 2 -0 win and a 0-0, 6 points then I couldn't give a flying one about the clean sheets.

Oh dear.

Firstly........

Just because one team gets a result there doesn't open the way for everyone to win there.

Football doesn't actually work like that.

Secondly.......

We've hardly set the heather on fire ourselves in the last 2 matches. We've won but much like Rangers - it hasn't been that easy.

Im perfectly able to understand how football works thank you. My point was that Rangers are beatable at Ibrox and the wee team proved that.

Going back on the original point I made is that we should show caution at Fir Park.

Well then we shall see in the coming weeks.

Drylaw Hearts

Im perfectly able to understand how football works thank you. My point was that Rangers are beatable at Ibrox and the wee team proved that.

Going back on the original point I made is that we should show caution at Fir Park.

Well then we shall see in the coming weeks.

Motherwell have lost 3 games at home this season while Rangers have lost only 1.

portobellojambo1

We've struggled at Motherwell in the recent past and have often (no idea whether it was the actual reason or seemed like a believable excuse at the time) blamed it on the state of their park. No such excuses this time round. I think it depends more on how we approach games like the upcoming one against Motherwell, because we are better than them. We also have a team now who are getting into a habit of winning, whether playing well or having to grind it out. It makes it easier for the manager to say to the players midweek "just go out and do again what you did last week". I often get a picture in my mind of Laszlo saying the same to the players around a year ago and the players wandering off thinking to themselves "we went out, tried to defend in depth across our box, had feck all outlets up front, played pish and got humped".

Winning games brings a winning mentality and confidence with it. I see no reason why we shouldn't go to Fir Park next week and pick up 3 points. As for Ibrox, I often go expecting the worse, which is the wrong way to approach such matches. Despite what some on this board said at the time I thought we stayed in the match with them at Tynecastle right up until the point they were given a free kick that never was. I saw nothing that day which suggests that if we go to Ibrox with the same attitude we've had for the last few games we cannot come away with something. If you go expecting defeat you often end up with that result.

So, in summary, I think we can take 3 points next weekend, and see no reason why we cannot leave Ibrox with at least a point (although it would help if Craig Thomson had a lodge meeting that day and wasn't appointed referee).

If pushed I'd be happy to take a win at Motherwell and put up with a loss at Ibrox, although accept it is a defeatist (and wrong) attitude to take in relation to the latter fixture.

I think we will win at Motherwell and lose at Ibrox., and in the grand scheme of things I won't be too devastated with that.

6 points - Overjoyed

4 - Happy

3 - Content

2 - Fairly content

1 - Slightly dissappointed

0 - Enraged, starting threads slating players, questioning the ability of the management team, mad Vlad oot etc.

Think this about sums it up :teehee:

6 points - Overjoyed

4 - Happy

3 - Content

2 - Fairly content

1 - Slightly dissappointed

0 - Enraged, starting threads slating players, questioning the ability of the management team, mad Vlad oot etc.

Think this about sums it up :teehee:

It does.

And the last point is painfully true. If we get beaten in both games it'll all be back to square one and all our recent successes will be forgotten.

Much like on deluded.net where they did the exact opposite to my above point and believed they were world beaters after a couple of wins. Then they go up to Inverness and get humped.

We have to be realistic and the two upcoming games are two tough ones and we will have to be on the top of our

game. However with the correct application, belief and guile, we can pick up 6 points. Believe.

We have some decent counter attacking players at the moment and seem to be doing better when teams open up against us a bit. Less concerned about the next two games than the ones at home against Aberdeen and ICT, to be honest.

That will be ICT who have been unbeaten away from home in nearly a year and where do we play them? Tired worn out clich? but there are no easy games.

If we are to get 2 points I'd rather they were both 0-0, 4 points 1 or 2 -0 win and a 0-0, 6 points then I couldn't give a flying one about the clean sheets.

I know we have Inverness coming up at home but my point is even though they are on a great run of away form the chances are they wont win at darkheid. If we can beat well on sunday we could be 4 or 5 points clear of Well and Inverness. Allowing for a real go at Ibrox and I dont think anyone will be shouting for JJs heid if we lose while having a go as we would have picked up 21 points from 24 available beforehand.

My original statement stands though. Happy with a point in each of the next two games !! :thumbsup:

Regarding Motherwell, if we play to our strengths and are setup properly we can win there. Our form is good, we're scoring and keeping it tight at the back.

As for Ibrox, IMO there is no pressure on us and we should relax and just play. Play with a bit of a free spirit and we can win. Too often we go there beaten before a ball is kicked and lose with a whimper. I'd say because our record is poor the pressure is off and we can get on with it.

My prediction, a draw at Fir Park and a memorable win at Ibrox.

I will be happy with 4 points from a possible 6. Cant see us winning at hunbrox. They will be sure of a last min penalty and big Zal getting sent off in the process, just after an 80th min Rudi screamer. Watch this space....

I will be happy with 4 points from a possible 6. Cant see us winning at hunbrox. They will be sure of a last min penalty and big Zal getting sent off in the process, just after an 80th min Rudi screamer. Watch this space....

I would be amazed and delighted with 4 points. We need to play the same Motherwell that played on Saturday. They are hard to beat at the best of times and I think our recent record is poor against them. Then ibrox. You never know. :thumbsup:

Not that I'm not confident of winning both games. If Hibs can go to Ibrox and win 3-0, and if the likes of Papac and Bougherra are still injured in a fortnight I'd actually be confident of getting a result through there.

Motherwell at Fir Park, the hell hole of all hell holes. A draw wouldn't be a bad result but I think we should be looking to win it. Motherwell aren't in the best of form and are there for the taking.

I'd be nothing short of delighted to get 4 points or more. 2 points would be good enough tho tbh,.

Just checked the stats since SPL began

Overall in 42 games V Well its 20 Hearts wins 15 Well wins and 7 draws.

Tight as a ducks erse really :thumbsup:

Archived