Kello (Merged Threads)

Alan_R

Surley be looking for a fee for Balogh. Didnt Shabba spunk 80k or something on him?

?200,000 I think.

He has definitely kept Marian on his toes - If it's not broke, don't fix it.

We can empty Balogh in the summer.

Surley be looking for a fee for Balogh. Didnt Shabba spunk 80k or something on him?

?180,000 according to Wiki. I thought it was more tbh.

We should get rid even just to free up wages. Don't think he is on anything ridiculous but he'll be on a healthy wage anyway.

150k I believe. Could have been more.

For me, Kello is one of the best and under-rated keepers in the SPL.

Punt Balough as MacDonald is a suitable deputy IMO.

Johanes de Silentio

I genuinely think that Kello had made his mind up that he was not going to concede today - fantastic 'keeper! :thumbsup:

He did Cruicky proud today - maybe he was looking down on him!

I think you maybe right missus. Thought there could be a lot of pressure on him today..and wow didn't he just do our history proud? Very warm glow about that. :)

What I said to the guy next to me, so pleased for his shut out,today of all days, to save the penalty, you couldn't make it up ?

jt

He did not have a great deal to do today, but the man really does deserve a whole lot of praise today.

I never got to see Jim Cruickshank play for Hearts, but his was a name that I was informed of very quickly, always in a very positive light. Hearts put on a fitting tribute today, and Kello's contribution was tremendous. That a foreigner who's only been in the country for 3 years to recognise the significance of the loss was fantastic to see, and his clean sheet was a great way to mark the occassion. As I said, he had very little to do, but his saves were crucial, and his save at the penalty was magnificent. He has been tremendous all season, of course, but I think there was always going to be an element of extra focus on him today, and he handled it very well.

Certainly a player who is on the way to becoming a hero.

Son Of Anarchy

Couldnt agree more.Kello has come on leaps and bounds and has made some great saves for us. the guy sitting next to me today said "Cruiky will save this penalty" and of course,it was saved magnificently. Fantastic touch having JC's yellow shirt in the goal today,made my day as I remember Jim so very well playing for us. Keep up the good work Kello :thumbsup:

Nicely put.

The cheer for his fantastic save was louder than any of the goals.

:pleasing:

Snake Plissken

Kello is a fantastic goalkeeper.

A performance today that was a fitting tribute to an all-time great.

I actually thought Marian looked a bit shakey in the first half, flapped at a few crosses, kicking a bit off. But his second half was brilliant. Handling, the now usual superb save to bail Zal out, and a stunning penalty save with a great celebration. He knew how special that was today of all days. Brilliant.

scottish_chicP

I knew he was going to save that penalty today! I agree that he is underated. Great keeper :thumbsup:

Simply the best in the land. Done Cruicky proud. Still gutted at his loss though. A Legend, a gentelman and my hero.

Kello was a credit to himself and Heart of Midlothian fc. A great performance on such an emotional day. Holding Cruickies top up at the start and end of the game brought a tear to the eye.

I think you maybe right missus. Thought there could be a lot of pressure on him today..and wow didn't he just do our history proud? Very warm glow about that. :)

I was practically in tears when he saved that penalty. And you could see how much it meant to Kello. He was just so emotionally pumped up, and was determined that there was no way anybody was going to put the ball in that Hearts net. Cruickie was definately there when that penalty was getting taken! That one was for you, Jim Cruickshank.

Lynn

Arthur Morgan

Couldnt agree more.Kello has come on leaps and bounds and has made some great saves for us. the guy sitting next to me today said "Cruiky will save this penalty" and of course,it was saved magnificently. Fantastic touch having JC's yellow shirt in the goal today,made my day as I remember Jim so very well playing for us. Keep up the good work Kello :thumbsup:

Just wondering, where do you sit?

Thunderstruck

The fans have confidence in Kello and the defence has confidence in Kello. He is in top form at the moment and is, without doubt, the best in SPL just now and I hope he gets the international recognition he deserves.

He was the guardian of the Cruikie jersey today and can be very proud of the way he defended it.

Lovely comment. He certainly did.

Holding up Cruiky's shirt at the beginning of the game, was beautiful. And what a greatly observed minute's silence. The penalty save, was just the icing on the cake, of an extremely fitting tribute.

RIP Cruiky, and long live Marian Kello :)

Lovely comment. He certainly did.

Holding up Cruiky's shirt at the beginning of the game, was beautiful. And what a greatly observed minute's silence. The penalty save, was just the icing on the cake, of an extremely fitting tribute.

RIP Cruiky, and long live Marian Kello :)

ah Scotland, any chance you can post this picture in black and white on here?

http://img253.imageshack.us/i/cruiky.png/

I genuinely think that Kello had made his mind up that he was not going to concede today - fantastic 'keeper! :thumbsup:

i said that to my old boy before the penalty incident,thats 6 clean sheets in 7 games for him now.

A gained a bit more respect for Kello today as well as another clean sheet and great game but he seemed honoured to be asked to take cruickshanks shirt today and didnt hold back in holding it up for all too see and when walking off at the end kissing the shirt and pointing skywards as if to say thats for you.

Kello = Good guy

Nelly Terraces

Kello deserves massive respect after today. Top bloke and had a great game doing Cruiky proud. To think the last manager put Balogh ahead of him, says it all about that idiot.

For me, Kello is the best goalkeeper in the SPL. He undoubtably does not get the recognition he deserves from the press and such.

Forget McGregor. Marian has been outstanding for us this season.

Cat.

Kello is a quality keeper, and today showed what a classy individual he is too with his involvement in the tribute to Jim Cruickshank. Were lucky to have found such a fine goalkeeper from relative obscurity and if he can keep up the same level of performance he will be too good for the SPL. Good up the fine work Marian :thumbsup:

Drylaw Hearts

I know our league is a bit iffy, but , the Slovakian No1 must be some keeper for Kello not to get quoted.

The current Slovakian No1 goalie signed for Everton just before the World Cup. I don't think he's played many games so a cap for Kello surely cannot be too far away.

However....I think the Dundee Utd 'keeper is ahead of him as he was in the Slovakian World Cup squad.

Really delighted with how things are going for Kello. Seems a very genuine and likeable professional and is getting his rewards with 6 shutouts in 7. It also helps that he looks like he loves playing for Hearts. He has brought a much needed calming presence to our back 5, is an exceptional shot stopper and his kicking has improved greatly. Overall one of the major plus points of the season so far.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

The last keeper since Gordon that I actually expect to save a set-piece or long-range shot... Said it before but I mean it... He inspires confidence! :thumbsup:

For those of us of a certain age, who idolised a certain keeper, seeing a guy from a country not of the UK showing so much grace and honour to one of our own, was simply wonderful. I hoped today to see a clean sheet in Cruicky's honour. We got that. We even got a penalty save! To watch Kello come of the pitch with his shirt held up high was wonderful.

This is part of the reason I am so happy to see JJ as manager! He understands what playing for our shirt means. The guys understand and appreciate it.

Thank you to JJ and especially Kello for their understanding and respect!

Say What Again

Swaying off topic - I hope everyone who voted Jamie Mac as our number 1 a while back is cringing.

Great pic again, Scotland

Arthur Morgan

Section B row 27 seat 28 :thumbsup:

I sit in section G but thought maybe I was that guy you mentioned because I actually said that aswell lol but obviously not.

Archived