Bid for Flynn....

Clerry Jambo

Daily Express reporting that Hearts are "poised" to make 200K bid for Scotland U21, Falkirk's Ryan Flynn.

I know there have been some rumours floating about, maybe a load of keek

We could throw in Barr. :thumbsup:

:lol:

Isn't Flynn a winger? I've no idea how good the lad is however 200k for anybody at Falkirk seems OTT.

Anybody know how Arfield is getting on down south incidentally.

We could throw in Barr. :thumbsup:

Lets give Barr a chance, he has had a shaky start but plenty players in the past have suffered the same

Bsck on topic, what area of the park does this lad play?

He's a good player. I trust JJ on who we sign though. If we went with such 'he's a hobo' mentality..we wouldn't have signed John Robertson or 'he's a hoop' John Colquhoun.

He's a good player. I trust JJ on who we sign though. If we went with such 'he's a hobo' mentality..we wouldn't have signed John Robertson or 'he's a hoop' John Colquhoun.

Nonsense.

JR went to a couple of games with his brother, he wasn't a card-carrying hobnob.

Is he not a dirty Hobo ?

He was definitely a Hobo when he was younger, although quite a lot of his family are jambo's so I wouldn't read too much into it.

And if he's going to be played in the middle of the park then I'd be happy to take him. Always thought he's looked way too good for Falkirk whenever I've seen him play.

Robbo was never a Hibs fan.

It's a common misconception and is completely untrue.

Always thought he's looked way too good for Falkirk whenever I've seen him play.

That seems to be the general opinion of him on the Falkirk forum. He seems to have a 'get out clause' figure in his contract, but it smells as if their board is trying to start a bidding war.

My link

Lee Wallace was tho. it should be a non-issue really.

Absolute Tripe. I've heard this straight from the horses mouth. And I quote the wee man;

"Once a Hibee.... Now forever a Jambo"

Think the article when he spoke about revenge said it all Cosa. He was in his youth. His brothers and dad supporting Hearts. You don't feel that sentiment or say it like he did if you didn't have an affinity to the club in the first place. The irony of it is..he has 3 boys, 2 jambos and one the other side.

Robbo will always be a legend for us, who he supported as a boy means little in history.

I'd rather put 200k towards the debt and try and have a car boot sale and flog our dead wood.

I tend to agree

I'd rather put 200k towards the debt and try and have a car boot sale and flog our dead wood.

Can see where you're coming from but if he can add that bit of creativity into the middle of the park for us then I'm all for signing him. He's a hell of a lot cheaper than Bryson is as well.

Howdy Doody Jambo

Not our style to go out and spend 200K on a player these days , can't see this happening , bosmans the way forward and our youth policy prospects to be fast tracked

Nelly Terraces

He went to Porty High wi my cousin, her, Robbo and Davie Bowman were all mates, I asked her about the Robbo/Hobo thing, she just laughed and said 'who came out with that rubbish?'.

Nelly Terraces

Think the article when he spoke about revenge said it all Cosa. He was in his youth. His brothers and dad supporting Hearts. You don't feel that sentiment or say it like he did if you didn't have an affinity to the club in the first place. The irony of it is..he has 3 boys, 2 jambos and one the other side.

Robbo will always be a legend for us, who he supported as a boy means little in history.

Total BS.

Absolute Tripe. I've heard this straight from the horses mouth. And I quote the wee man;

"Once a Hibee.... Now forever a Jambo"

Yeah right.

I asked him myself in 1996 when he was in my dad's pub and he said he never supported Hibs and he didn't know where that came from.

He said he went to both Hearts and Hibs games as a kid with different members of his family but the team he liked to watch was Liverpool.

Whats to stop us doing both ?

Sign Flynn

Sell/release dead wood

Yeah right.

I asked him myself in 1996 when he was in my dad's pub and he said he never supported Hibs and he didn't know where that came from.

He said he went to both Hearts and Hibs games as a kid with different members of his family but the team he liked to watch was Liverpool.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one then.

I have been lucky enough to spend a few evenings in his company, mostly sportsmans dinners up North (Nairn and Inverness) where he's spent the majority of his time over recent years (due to his partner being from this area). I can assure you it's well known in Inverness where his allegiances lay as a youth....indeed it is a bit of a running joke up North. I also see and speak with him regularly at Caley games (I attend with my brother in law who sits in front of Robbos regular radio commentary seat).

That said, if he told you in a pub some 10 years ago then I stand corrected!

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one then.

I have been lucky enough to spend a few evenings in his company, mostly sportsmans dinners up North (Nairn and Inverness) where he's spent the majority of his time over recent years (due to his partner being from this area). I can assure you it's well known in Inverness where his allegiances lay as a youth....indeed it is a bit of a running joke up North. I also see and speak with him regularly at Caley games (I attend with my brother in law who sits in front of Robbos regular radio commentary seat).

That said, if he told you in a pub some 10 years ago then I stand corrected!

Fair enough.

My old man owns a boozer and his friend who owns another pub in the same town is close mates with Robbo. My dad's mate knew i'd never met Robbo so brought him down when I was working behind the bar. It was just before Euro 96' and I remember Robbo saying he was wanting England to win it which surprised me. He also said there was a chance he was going to sign for Hibs as he was out of contract with us and hadn't yet agreed a deal with us. He said "it's just a job kid" which left me full of fear of seeing him playing for the slime against us.

I asked him outright if he'd ever supported Hibs as the rumours suggested and he said no, he was never a Hibs fan.

It was the only time I've ever met the guy and it's not often you get to meet your childhood hero so I remember it as if it was yesterday.

Back to Flynn for a second... We could definitely do with a creative central midfield player. We apparently had money to spend on Bryson. If JJ thinks some of this should now be spent on this kid then I would be happy to trust him. His signing record in this stint with us is impeccable.

Robbo does a column in The Sun. Now, you could say he`ll never admit anything in public but all the same, what reason would he have to hide if he was a Hibby or not? He`s done his time and its not as if he done anything of Maurice Johnston proportions.

In his column he states he did like Liverpool as he was too busy playing football to follow a team. His Hibby Brother did take him to a couple of euro games at Fester but he was never a fan. His late Dad was a big Hearts man and nothing gave Robbo more pleasure than ramming the Hobos on his behalf.

FTH

Archived