Jim Cruickshank

boy_in_maroon

boy_in_maroon

Sorry if already posted. News flash on Hearts facebook page regarding tomorrow. A very nice fitting i would say. Going to be a very sad day indeed

Following the passing of Jim Cruickshank, the club has spent the day talking to key supporters' reps. There will be a minute of silence tomorrow and then Marian Kello will take a shirt with Jim's name and No. 1 and lay it in his goalmouth to be with him and us for the day. Rest easy, Jim. We won't forget you.

Sorry if already posted. News flash on Hearts facebook page regarding tomorrow. A very nice fitting i would say. Going to be a very sad day indeed

Following the passing of Jim Cruickshank, the club has spent the day talking to key supporters' reps. There will be a minute of silence tomorrow and then Marian Kello will take a shirt with Jim's name and No. 1 and lay it in his goalmouth to be with him and us for the day. Rest easy, Jim. We won't forget you.

A fitting tribute to a true Hearts legend. :thumbsup:

Well done Heart of Midlothian FC.

Johanes de Silentio

That's fantastic - a great tribute to a great man.

weaversknowe jambo

Fitting tribute to a true gent. I for one will have a tear in my eye tomorrow.

A fitting tribute I think. Not had the pleasure of seeing him play but my dad always spoke fondly of him and he was one of my old boy's favourite players.

Good that the club are honouring him in this way.

RIP big felly.

Tomorrow is going to be tough, will have trouble concentrating on the game, pity the current Hearts board was not around in Crukies time.

So Make Some Noise..

Absolutely superb tribute by Kello/Hearts, hopefully the big mans shirt in the goal can help us to a clean sheet. :thumbsup:

Very fitting tribute to Cruicky. Brilliant gesture by the club.

who would have thought.....Cruicky and Kello in goal tomorrow

stirlingshirejambo

there are people behind the scenes who really know what our great team is all about

Well done and a very fitting tribute to the first goalie i ever saw play for Hearts even though it was near the end of his career

Fitting tribute to a true gent. I for one will have a tear in my eye tomorrow.

I have already had a tear in my eye , as I cant go to the game tomorrow :(

One of the first autographs I ever got was Cruickie, (possibly even the first), a true hero and gentleman. I even tried to model myself on him as I grew up trying to be a decent goalkeeper, never to be though. I will genuinely have a tear in my eye tomorrow when this happens. I am sure that for all that has gone on in the past, if the great man is looking down on Tynecastle tomorrow he will just think 'Thanks Hearts'.

This post gave me a lump in my throat reading it. What a fantastic tribute to undoubtedly the best Hearts keeper in history. Great ability,Loyal and a gentleman,what more can you ask for in football.

RIP my 1st ever Hearts hero.

This post gave me a lump in my throat reading it. What a fantastic tribute to undoubtedly the best Hearts keeper in history. Great ability,Loyal and a gentleman,what more can you ask for in football.

RIP my 1st ever Hearts hero.

Jeez, lump in throat again...

Superb tribute.

Lynn

Guest jambomickey

won't be a dry eye within the hearts support tommorow, not ashamed to say i've had a few tears myself today! god rest your soul jim.

won't be a dry eye within the hearts support tommorow, not ashamed to say i've had a few tears myself today! god rest your soul jim.

Me too, mickey. Canny stop thinking about Cruickie! Be very emotional tomorrow. I blubber like a bairn at the least wee thing these days...be a wreck tomorrow. Minute's silences are so very poignant. Just hope we can make a helluva noise afterwards, and cheer the Hearts to a resounding victory...and a clean sheet for Marian, with Jim's spirit in the goal with him.

Lynn

Me too, mickey. Canny stop thinking about Cruickie! Be very emotional tomorrow. I blubber like a bairn at the least wee thing these days...be a wreck tomorrow. Minute's silences are so very poignant. Just hope we can make a helluva noise afterwards, and cheer the Hearts to a resounding victory...and a clean sheet for Marian, with Jim's spirit in the goal with him.

Lynn

Immediately after the minutes silence, as Kello takes the shirt to the goal, Aye,aye, aye, aye should be ringing out.

I never saw him play but the reaction here is something else.

I know I am one of many saying this,but Jim was a superb keeeper who should have had more accolades.I started watching Hearts regularly from 1975-76 season,only a couple of times before then,and while we were a poor side then,I have an abiding memory of Cruickie,and how dependable and athletic he was.He was a true Hearts legend,and I will certainly be paying my deepest respects at the game later today.

RIP Jim Cruickshank.

Shanghai Hearts

Fitting tribute, Hearts legend. If CG claims he was the best then much props. A sad day but a day to celebrate a legend & pay respect to his family .

jamboinglasgow

I have already had a tear in my eye , as I cant go to the game tomorrow :(

I'm the same, cant make the game, and gutted at missing such a great tribute by the club and fans to a great man.

HillmanHearts

" Cruickshank For Scotland " : We used to chant back in days gone bye.

Cruickey was a hero for me & my mates during the 70s when Hearts were generally not all that good.

He was the one real class act we had at the time.

One Saturday our bus stopped of at HartHill as usual on the way back from Glasgow after Cruickey had played another blinder and we bumped in to

Willie Ormond the Scotland manager.

We were just kids but me and the lads gave him it tight about getting Cruickey in the Scotland team.

Willie was really cool and told us that he was at the game to check out his form and was really impressed.

He was in the next squad and we were all really proud of him and Hearts.

But to be honest Jimmy should have had loads of Scotland caps coz he was a tremendously talented keeper.

RIP Jimmy - you are a Hearts Legend . You made a difference big man.

i was chocked when i read that earlier. i've felt really emotional all day about this, despite never having seen him play

i've heard the tales though and would have loved nothing more than to have been able to sit down and have a drink with the big man and listen to his stories

Archived