Who is Mr Mindaugas?

laranjinha

Mindaugas Nikolicius, he works for UBIG.

And his background in negotiating contracts for in-demand young footballers is ... ???

Guest JamboRobbo
And his background in negotiating contracts for in-demand young footballers is ... ???

did it at Kaunas.

Ryan Gosling
I sometime wonder if the some of the player ownership is a bit like the Tevez thing. Owned by an agency as opposed to the club.

Probably complete garbage.

However, there was the rumour about this for Velikca and I think it may have been an issue with the Beslija think.

Anyway no idea who the guy is. Can we not just a Hearts representative deal with these things.

He's basically the guy does the contract and works with a lawyer on it. He does represent Hearts in negotiations for purchasing players.

Ryan Gosling
Maybe we should get someone else considering we allegedly can't afford certain players wages and goalscoring bonuses!;)

So what is his day to day job?

I'm kind of an old fashioned guy and would rather Hearts employees represented Hearts.

Could well be doing the guy a disservice etc, however, considering some of our contract things in the past it does make me wonder, exactly what is going on.

You're not.

Interesting about the wage perks, some of the players get ?1200 per win.

I sometime wonder if the some of the player ownership is a bit like the Tevez thing. Owned by an agency as opposed to the club.

Probably complete garbage.

However, there was the rumour about this for Velikca and I think it may have been an issue with the Beslija think.

Anyway no idea who the guy is. Can we not just a Hearts representative deal with these things.

All players' contracts will be owned to some extent, if not totally, by UBIG.

VR bought 81% of the club shares and soon after sold them to UKIO/UBIG so I reckon all those who gratuitously slate VR are barking........, sorry, barking up the wrong tree.

More to the point why the feck are Hearts not paying a young player money he is due from his current contract?

Its no wonder I get sick of people on here who keep on defending the shambles.

Why they get sick of people criticising the shambles I dont know.

Guest JamboRobbo
More to the point why the feck are Hearts not paying a young player money he is due from his current contract?

Thats the important point from this story, and appears to confirm rumours that Eggert agent feels he is due some sort of "bonus/improvement" based on number of games played, and that there is some issue over exactly what that will be.

Ryan Gosling

On the subject, what is Eggert's agent playing at?

Hearts want to offer him a 2 year extension but his agent says it's too long, but wants one that runs longer and gets him more money than his current deal...

Thats the important point from this story, and appears to confirm rumours that Eggert agent feels he is due some sort of "bonus/improvement" based on number of games played, and that there is some issue over exactly what that will be.

I took from it that there is no question as to how much just that known sums are due and outstanding and Vlad aint paying.

Vlads tactic will be - I'll give you close to the contract you want if you forego this part of your wages.

He basically only let Rudi leave if he forewent bonus payments that were due.

The guy is an evil ****

You're not.

Interesting about the wage perks, some of the players get ?1200 per win.

:rofl::rofl:

Not this season , they didn't. Well , not that often anyway.

I took from it that there is no question as to how much just that known sums are due and outstanding and Vlad aint paying.

Vlads tactic will be - I'll give you close to the contract you want if you forego this part of your wages.

He basically only let Rudi leave if he forewent bonus payments that were due.

The guy is an evil ****

Good. I recall Rudi saying if we made second spot, he'd stay. What up with that.

We need this situation sorted out.

High hopes for Eggert but his recent displays tells me that he contract thing is not helping. Not saying it's the reason his performances are slipping but it can't help.

Get him signed up and pay him what he is due/worth.

Colonel Kurtz
Ming The Merciless' Brother

No

He was a melon farmer who took on the mob,played by Charles Bronson in the movie of the same name.

Drylaw Hearts

Why is nothing ever straight forward with Hearts ?

The situation appears to a simple one yet we seem to be making a mess of it.

Pay the lad what he is due give him the deal that was agreed previously and let him get on with playing for Hearts.

As for Mr Mindaugas.............

I thought player contract negoitiations was the job for Alex Koslovksi ( remember him ? ) and Pedro Lopez ???

We need this situation sorted out.

High hopes for Eggert but his recent displays tells me that he contract thing is not helping. Not saying it's the reason his performances are slipping but it can't help.

Get him signed up and pay him what he is due/worth.

Maybe thats what the hold up is.His performances have not been anything special.Hearts realise this.So his contract will not be for the 5 years(about time this doesn't happen) and the amount he thinks he is worth.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
On the subject, what is Eggert's agent playing at?

Hearts want to offer him a 2 year extension but his agent says it's too long, but wants one that runs longer and gets him more money than his current deal...

Bit worried about this.

Forth 1 were reporting it today and I'm sure they quoted Jonssons agent as saying it is make or break time.

Romanov + agents = game over.

Ryan Gosling
Bit worried about this.

Forth 1 were reporting it today and I'm sure they quoted Jonssons agent as saying it is make or break time.

Romanov + agents = game over.

Strange though, because StrikersInstinct said an Icelandic paper reported Eggert expected to sign a new deal imminently.

probably about the same as Vlads for picking football teams

Pay the lad what he is due give him the deal that was agreed previously and let him get on with playing for Hearts.

I thought player contract negoitiations was the job for Alex Koslovksi ( remember him ? ) and Pedro Lopez ???

Did you read the story?

The situation seems to be that we're offering EJ a longer contract than he is wanting.

Do you think that is a rare occurance in the world of football?

Drylaw Hearts
Which was?

I don't know.

But we obvioulsy haven't kept to our side of the deal or Eggert would have had the payments he's outstanding.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Like all things HMFC, anyone can run to any newspaper with anything these days because the club will ignore the press or, at best, put out some meaningless statement. Column space filled, readership reaction, job done!

I'll await developments rather than jump to conclusions.

I don't know.

But we obvioulsy haven't kept to our side of the deal or Eggert would have had the payments he's outstanding.

Do you not think its slightly strange that the EEN didn't decide use the missed payments angle as the main lead on the story or indeed include any quotes on the issue?

Drylaw Hearts
Did you read the story?

The situation seems to be that we're offering EJ a longer contract than he is wanting.

I was referring to the outstanding ??'s he's due.

I'm delighted we want him to sign a longer deal but holding back on paying him money he's owed is hardly going to have him falling over himself to re-sign for us.

Ryan Gosling
Did you read the story?

Than the agent is wanting - which is a big difference. Trying to get a shorter deal meaning he gets money on a renewal or move sooner.

Drylaw Hearts
Do you not think its slightly strange that the EEN didn't decide use the missed payments angle as the main lead on the story or indeed include any quotes on the issue?

No.

Than the agent is wanting - which is a big difference. Trying to get a shorter deal meaning he gets money on a renewal or move sooner.

Yeah I just used EJ for coherency.

I doubt contractual negotiations are a high point in any 19 year old guys day.

I was referring to the outstanding ??'s he's due.

I'm delighted we want him to sign a longer deal but holding back on paying him money he's owed is hardly going to have him falling over himself to re-sign for us.

Funny. The reason his agent is stalling is because he wants a shorter contract. What have outstanding ???'s got to do this?

Go back and read the story please.

No.

Personally if I was a journalist and I got a story that a professional footballer at the town's biggest team hadn't been paid i'd consider that for more newsworthy than a will he/wont he update on the status of his contract.

Ryan Gosling
Yeah I just used EJ for coherency.

I doubt contractual negotiations are a high point in any 19 year old guys day.

Also, a four and a half year deal that ends in 2012 is surely a 4 year deal unless it expires in October or something. I think it would be a bit daring of the agent to ask for only one year added to the contract along with a substantial pay rise.

Charlie-Brown

Not sure about Koslovski role but is Pedro Lopez now supposed to be concentrating on progressing the stadium redevelopment? That is what the announcement on Campbell Ogilvie's new job title indicated. It would seem Mr Mindaugas is now handling the finer details of contract negotiations?

Colonel Kurtz
Not sure about Koslovski role but is Pedro Lopez now supposed to be concentrating on progressing the stadium redevelopment? That is what the announcement on Campbell Ogilvie's new job title indicated. It would seem Mr Mindaugas is now handling the finer details of contract negotiations?

a sort of Lith Tom Hagen

Drylaw Hearts
Funny. The reason his agent is stalling is because he wants a shorter contract. What have outstanding ???'s got to do this?

Go back and read the story please.

I didn't suggest the reason he isn't signing a longer deal is down to outstanding ???'s.

There is obviously a mutual agreement that when EJ plays a certain amount of matches an extension must be offered.

Hearts want to offer 2 years his Agent wants 1 year.

But it doesn't exactly help our cause when negoitiating to extend a deal when we can't pay the player on time.

It may not be an issue but then again it was enough of an issue for the Agent to let it slip to the EEN that the lad is owed money.

Drylaw Hearts
Koslovski is slime.

I've said it before and I'll say it again -

Things have never been the same since Koslovski, Malofeev and Korobochka came to Hearts.

Toxteth O'Grady

Davie McPherson said that Koslovski and Lopez did the contracts when I spoke to him a few weeks ago. Things might have changed since then I suppose.

Gary McKay mentioned on Hearts World on Saturday that Mindaugas had phoned him on Saturday morning for a "chat about a few things" but he didn't elaborate further.

Suspect Device
I didn't suggest the reason he isn't signing a longer deal is down to outstanding ???'s.

There is obviously a mutual agreement that when EJ plays a certain amount of matches an extension must be offered.

Hearts want to offer 2 years his Agent wants 1 year.

But it doesn't exactly help our cause when negoitiating to extend a deal when we can't pay the player on time.

It may not be an issue but then again it was enough of an issue for the Agent to let it slip to the EEN that the lad is owed money.

but surely Hearts have kept their side of the deal, ie offered an improved contract, which naturally would include an extension.

Eggys agent seems to want more money (Hearts have offered this) without a lengthening of contract(or minimum lengthening).

if Hearts agreed to more cash without an extension this place would explode with "they couldn't organise a **** up in a brewery" type threads.

Eggy seems to be wanting to sign, if the contract isnt extended then it would look very like the agent was trying to get him moved on in the short term.

on the money owed to Eggy, surely he can only get improved wages once he signs the improved contract , no.

Drylaw Hearts
but surely Hearts have kept their side of the deal, ie offered an improved contract, which naturally would include an extension.

Eggys agent seems to want more money (Hearts have offered this) without a lengthening of contract(or minimum lengthening).

if Hearts agreed to more cash without an extension this place would explode with "they couldn't organise a **** up in a brewery" type threads.

Eggy seems to be wanting to sign, if the contract isnt extended then it would look very like the agent was trying to get him moved on in the short term.

on the money owed to Eggy, surely he can only get improved wages once he signs the improved contract , no.

There is a suspect device is in somewhere between your ears.

Go back and read the article.

I've said it before and I'll say it again -

Things have never been the same since Koslovski, Malofeev and Korobochka came to Hearts.

RACIST!!!!!

I dont know why Drylaw is getting a hard time here.

The report clearly states there are 2 issues - the signing of a new contract, and monies due to Eggert under his current contract

The issues arising from this are 1. it has been reported that there was a pre-agreed deal which should have kicked in automatically on Eggert playing a certain amount of games, and 2. employees should never be out of pocket for monies properly due under contract

Drylaw Hearts
I dont know why Drylaw is getting a hard time here.

The report clearly states there are 2 issues - the signing of a new contract, and monies due to Eggert under his current contract

The issues arising from this are 1. it has been reported that there was a pre-agreed deal which should have kicked in automatically on Eggert playing a certain amount of games, and 2. employees should never be out of pocket for monies properly due under contract

Thanks.

That's exactly how I see the situation.

If you don't pay people what they are due when it's due, no matter who they are, it is going to p them off eventually.

Archived