Celtic Moaning Again

jambobroch

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/9206945.stm

I wonder, if anyone has access to the statistics, how often Celtic query decisions in seasons where they are the ones in Rangers' shoes (i.e. winning rather luckily several times). John Reid says it's not sour grapes, but I'm not convinced.

Also, is there any other club where paranoia is so written into the fabric of the club? I know we've had our moments, but it just seems amazing to me that those in charge of Celtic truly believe that they are sinned against. If that is the case then how can Scotland's officials have been so inept as to allow Celtic to win their countless titles and trophies? Surely if there was some conspiracy against them they would have found that a tad more difficult.

I hate the Old Firm, and I can't wait for the season (it will happen) when we finish above both of them.

"Reid, addressing around 200 shareholders at the Glasgow club's annual meeting, backed a suggestion by an Scottish National Party MP that referees should declare which teams they support."

What if the majority of the refs turned out to be jungle jims? How would they spin that to suit their "everyone's oot tae get us" agenda?

Celtic FC - total whallopers

Celtics-Neil-Lennon-is-se-005.jpg

"Reid, addressing around 200 shareholders at the Glasgow club's annual meeting, backed a suggestion by an Scottish National Party MP that referees should declare which teams they support."

What if the majority of the refs turned out to be jungle jims? How would they spin that to suit their "everyone's oot tae get us" agenda?

Celtic FC - total whallopers

Celtics-Neil-Lennon-is-se-005.jpg

They used to publish the home towns of the referees but they stopped that because, erm......most of them were from Glasgow or surrounding districts!! It would be great to publish the teams they support, including their assistants - that would be a real eye-opener unless we got a lot of "Chick Dung" types, the number of OF fans would vastly outweigh any other team IMO.

These clowns have really not got a clue

They and there other half Rangers have been getting decisions from refs for years

See Takis Fyssas 2006 for this example

It will only hinder them more if referees are more transparent.

"We're not asking for special treatment (1), but neither will we be treated as less than anyone else (2)," he said. "Those days are gone."

hmmm...

(1) you don't need to ask. you already know as well as everyone else outside of the old firm bubble that you already do get special treatment. by "not asking" you know fine well that you're trying not to 'rock the boat' on that score.

(2) this is the eternal problem with both halves of the OF. they know that they get the lion's share of decisions but they're desperate that the other lot never get more than they themselves get. it doesn't matter (apparently) that all the other teams are disadvantaged because it's the OF going for the championship and it will even out for the rest.

i would actually have more respect (i have zero) for celtic statements if they were honest and simply said that they want everything to go in their favour, regardless of right or wrong.

honest.... heh heh, that's a laugh. not the celtic way.

Hearts Heritage

Back in the old days a Neutral Ref was supplied by the Clubs or the appropriate FA. Linesmen were one from each club playing each other.

Result:-

HEART OF MID-LOTHIAN... ... ... Four goals.

CELTIC...... ... ........ .... ........ .........Three goals.

Celtic.- M'Arthur; Davidson and Battles; Russell, Loney, and Orr; M'Oustra, Divers, Campbell, M'Mahon, and Quinn.

Heart of Mid-Lothian.- Philip; Allan and Baird; KayBuick, and Hogg; Porteous, Walker, Thomson, Houston, and Bell. Referee- Mr. Jackson. Rangers.

Back in the old days a Neutral Ref was supplied by the Clubs or the appropriate FA. Linesmen were one from each club playing each other.

Result:-

HEART OF MID-LOTHIAN... ... ... Four goals.

CELTIC...... ... ........ .... ........ .........Three goals.

Celtic.- M'Arthur; Davidson and Battles; Russell, Loney, and Orr; M'Oustra, Divers, Campbell, M'Mahon, and Quinn.

Heart of Mid-Lothian.- Philip; Allan and Baird; KayBuick, and Hogg; Porteous, Walker, Thomson, Houston, and Bell. Referee- Mr. Jackson. Rangers.

You could have picked a better example! :lol:

Seriously though. Do you know why this stopped?

reid has apparently stated that dougie mcdonald should be sacked.

erm... he's just made it completely impossible for mcdonald to referee another of their games. this constitutes influencing the appointment of referees to matches.

are the SFA really going to accept that while bent over a barrel?

"We're not asking for special treatment (1), but neither will we be treated as less than anyone else (2)," he said. "Those days are gone."

hmmm...

(1) you don't need to ask. you already know as well as everyone else outside of the old firm bubble that you already do get special treatment. by "not asking" you know fine well that you're trying not to 'rock the boat' on that score.

(2) this is the eternal problem with both halves of the OF. they know that they get the lion's share of decisions but they're desperate that the other lot never get more than they themselves get. it doesn't matter (apparently) that all the other teams are disadvantaged because it's the OF going for the championship and it will even out for the rest.

i would actually have more respect (i have zero) for celtic statements if they were honest and simply said that they want everything to go in their favour, regardless of right or wrong.

honest.... heh heh, that's a laugh. not the celtic way.

This is what is meant by "decisions even themselves out over the course of a season". If Celtic get a dodgy penalty it simply means that Rangers get one later on - Bingo, things have evened themselves out as far s the GFA are concerned.

As for John Reid wanting Dougie McDonald sacked - put a hand in the basket for me on that one please.

Watching the Ingerlund game last night and one of the 'facts' from the very early days about why there was a half-time.

Apparently, it was because there were no official rules so. One team played by their rules for one half and the other team for the 2nd half.

Wonder how that would work these days.... :teehee:

Back on topic...

I'm expecting a massive accumulator type fine, a touchline ban to match the hobos new no.2 when he was at County and a 1000pt deduction.

This is what is meant by "decisions even themselves out over the course of a season". If Celtic get a dodgy penalty it simply means that Rangers get one later on - Bingo, things have evened themselves out as far s the GFA are concerned.

As for John Reid wanting Dougie McDonald sacked - put a hand in the basket for me on that one please.

spot on. that's all that matters. everything else is just white noise to them.

-twice last season we got penalties and the linesman informed the ref that it was not a penalty,penalty was overturned

-twice we have had a man sent off at Pittodrie,one for being the victim of an attempted headbutt,the other for having his feet as high as the Aberdeen player

-the linesman at Celtic Park apparently said he thought Templeton should have had a penalty(tbh i think this WAS a foul but on the outside of the box) but he does not raise his flag

2 examples of a ref given the opportunity to review a blatantly wrong decision

2 examples of a lionesman advising the ref NOT to award a penalty

1 example of when a linesman thought it WAS a penalty and bottled it

Celtic have a deserved red card and a correctly overturned penalty and have repeatedly brought the game into disrepute in the aftermath....

now the quastion is...what was our fine from the SFA for asking about these incidents and subsequent disciplinary fines

and what will Celtics fine be?

persecuted? they should try following another club and see how many decisions that go their way

Since the infamous Andy Davis affair, Which if I am not mistaken Hearts were fined ?5,000 by the GFA for writing a letter asking for CLARIFICATION on the decision that was taken. This fine imposed as the letter was deemed as bringing the game into disrepute. Since then I have lost count of the number of times Celtic have brought the game into disrepute but as yet have not been charged. This club have never been the victims in their lives but they sure are the most wingiest of clubs in my life(time).

John

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/9206945.stm

I wonder, if anyone has access to the statistics, how often Celtic query decisions in seasons where they are the ones in Rangers' shoes (i.e. winning rather luckily several times). John Reid says it's not sour grapes, but I'm not convinced.

Also, is there any other club where paranoia is so written into the fabric of the club? I know we've had our moments, but it just seems amazing to me that those in charge of Celtic truly believe that they are sinned against. If that is the case then how can Scotland's officials have been so inept as to allow Celtic to win their countless titles and trophies? Surely if there was some conspiracy against them they would have found that a tad more difficult.

I hate the Old Firm, and I can't wait for the season (it will happen) when we finish above both of them.

John Reid

We're not asking for special treatment, but neither will we be treated as less than anyone else," he said. "Those days are gone."

So those days existed then? Playing to the masses, a sense of persecution covers up for the teams, Manager and boards inadequeces, whist still selling the jerseys to the establishment is against us brigade. Pathetic that an institution like Celtic is reduced to that.

John Reid

We're not asking for special treatment, but neither will we be treated as less than anyone else," he said. "Those days are gone."

So those days existed then? Playing to the masses, a sense of persecution covers up for the teams, Manager and boards inadequeces, whist still selling the jerseys to the establishment is against us brigade. Pathetic that an institution like Celtic is reduced to that.

you know i was just thinking this. for me the last line "Tony Mowbray's appointment was a mistake and I ultimately take responsibility for that." tells it all,the Celtic board have backed Lennon with finances,yet they are still behind Rangers. the board knows that if Celtic end the season empty handed the fans are going to start asking questions,not just of Lennons capability as a manager but also the boards culpability in presiding over a run of poor management and player investment. by accentuating Lennons deranged rantings they are trying to deflect attention away from from themselves and place referees in an impossible position due to Celtic claiming they have questionable impartiality.

i guess what i am trying to say is the Celtic board is attempting to distract the rampant horde of paranoid schizophrenics with their shiny-shiny

Just the classic bully syndrome, throwing their weight around in order to influence in their favour. No matter what the official line is, it will undoubtedly have a detrimental effect on the "objectivity" of officials when it comes to officiating their games and that's part of their game.

And that is part of the reasoning behind it. Repulsive, snakey little club.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/nov/18/celtic-sfa-mcdonald-referee

Celtic asking for a ref to resign or be dismissed!!!

Surely they should be hammered for this?

Cmon SFA lets see what your made of!!

Just the classic bully syndrome, throwing their weight around in order to influence in their favour. No matter what the official line is, it will undoubtedly have a detrimental effect on the "objectivity" of officials when it comes to officiating their games and that's part of their game.

And that is part of the reasoning behind it. Repulsive, snakey little club.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/nov/18/celtic-sfa-mcdonald-referee

Its a total mess. Mcdonald should have been immediately sacked, and I agree (ahhh) with celtic- he s irreperably compromised. However the decision not to sack him has given celtic carte blanche to say what they like, and I dont think they should be fined- they were wronged, no question. How do you fine a club for stating the truth- as admitted by the parties concerned? you cannot. Unfortunately the retention of Mcdonald has unleashed celtic for justified attacks on the refs and there is nothing the refs can do about it. they brought it on themselves. Mcdonald must go and Dallas also for botching it up so royally- this has compromised fair refereeing as no-one can turn against the plastics again.

Luckily Lenny cocked up against us by getting sent off, so this will at least peg him back a bit.

if you sack refs too quickly you'll have none left. Who would do that job? not me

I wouldn't even do a dundee derby even though i don't give a **** who wins. If i gave a late penalty i'd be accused of being one of their fans.

Without a ref there is no game.

Well done dougie for lying to celtic. The sfa have been lying to celtic. They said they liked them :rolleyes:

Francis Albert

Its a total mess. Mcdonald should have been immediately sacked, and I agree (ahhh) with celtic- he s irreperably compromised. However the decision not to sack him has given celtic carte blanche to say what they like, and I dont think they should be fined- they were wronged, no question. How do you fine a club for stating the truth- as admitted by the parties concerned? you cannot. Unfortunately the retention of Mcdonald has unleashed celtic for justified attacks on the refs and there is nothing the refs can do about it. they brought it on themselves. Mcdonald must go and Dallas also for botching it up so royally- this has compromised fair refereeing as no-one can turn against the plastics again.

Luckily Lenny cocked up against us by getting sent off, so this will at least peg him back a bit.

How does the McDonald affair relate to Celtic's ongoing complaints of bias against them? McDonald gave them a penalty which proved not to be a penalty. The fact that McDonald chose to disguise his incompetence (bias?) in awarding a penalty does nothing to support Celtic's contention that Celtic are hard done by by officials. Quite the reverse in fact.

Winnipeg Willie

They used to publish the home towns of the referees but they stopped that because, erm......most of them were from Glasgow or surrounding districts!! It would be great to publish the teams they support, including their assistants - that would be a real eye-opener unless we got a lot of "Chick Dung" types, the number of OF fans would vastly outweigh any other team IMO.

... and who's to say that their "declaration" is going to be truthful? This whole thing is a joke. D.McD owned up to his mistake on the field of play and it went against Celtic and that's why they're stirring the hornets nest. What went on afterwards was wrong but it didn't affect anything on the field. Get over it ya moaning shower of cry babies - you seem to forget the days of W.J.Mullen - a Celtic supporter - who would give FREE kicks around the penalty area to give you chances to score! Fact.

WELL DONE CELTIC

I totally detest the GFA and it's one rule for the OF and another rule for all the wee diddy teams.

The ONLY way we are ever going to get the slate wiped clean in this country was if an OF team rocked the boat.

I for one am totally DELIGHTED that Celtic are causing the blazers this amount of panic.

Any fan of a Scottish football club should be asking their chairman to support Celtic because if we LOSE this chance for change it will be a very long time before we EVER get the chance to correct the wrongs that have been allowed to fester in the corridors of power at Hampden.

It's even sweeter that when Celtic get the level playing field that they want they will suddenly find out what we have known all along - they get as many dodgy decisions as the other manky mob.

So fellow Hearts fans, lets not forget how the SFA have treated Vlad and our club when we have made less fuss than Celtic, but instead lets use this glorious chance to stick it to the GFA and use Celtic to steamroller through the change that we as Hearts fans have wanted for decades.

Punks No Deid

Preferably this one - minimal changes required and it lets them play where they really want to be:

http://www.shamrockrovers.ie/index.php

Apologies for the imagery!

hooperman-birthday-ad.jpg

If they feel they are persecuted here then why not just toddle off to the country they constantly pledge their undying allegiance to? SFA should (but won't) grow a pair & throw the book at them.

WELL DONE CELTIC

I totally detest the GFA and it's one rule for the OF and another rule for all the wee diddy teams.

The ONLY way we are ever going to get the slate wiped clean in this country was if an OF team rocked the boat.

I for one am totally DELIGHTED that Celtic are causing the blazers this amount of panic.

Any fan of a Scottish football club should be asking their chairman to support Celtic because if we LOSE this chance for change it will be a very long time before we EVER get the chance to correct the wrongs that have been allowed to fester in the corridors of power at Hampden.

It's even sweeter that when Celtic get the level playing field that they want they will suddenly find out what we have known all along - they get as many dodgy decisions as the other manky mob.

So fellow Hearts fans, lets not forget how the SFA have treated Vlad and our club when we have made less fuss than Celtic, but instead lets use this glorious chance to stick it to the GFA and use Celtic to steamroller through the change that we as Hearts fans have wanted for decades.

Correct Japester (and to The Doctor too)

People need to take a step back from

a) It being Celtic

b ) The other ridiculous near formal complaint after every game approach from them

McDonald went from a comendable decision to change a mistake during a game to being part of a ultimately botched COVER UP (hence Reid is correct about his position being untenable).

The other point I'd add is that Celtic in around about way have been able to unearth PROOF (by the SFA admittance of a COVER UP).

This is completely different to our club's comments to date.

It is however sad/despicable that Celtic are one only of 2 clubs able to exert sufficient pressure to allow the TRUTH to come out.

i guess what i am trying to say is the Celtic board is attempting to distract the rampant horde of paranoid schizophrenics with their shiny-shiny

Which is what every Celtic board has done since I started watching football and probably long before that.

On another note, what they are saying about Dougie the Hobo is 100% correct but all this other guff about them being persecuted over the years truly is laughable in the extreme.

They want to know who the officials support? Ok, Dougie McDonald is a hobo and that linesman Craven is one of yours.

That better for you, sellick?

The stupid thing is, we are almost defending guys like McDonald here but I just wonder where everyone else was when we were suing the guy? Were they asking for a review then? Nah, it's only because one ref - known to be a useless cheat by us years ago - messed up BUT MADE THE RIGHT DECISION.

By the way, have the huns sought clarification on why Stokes was allowed to stay on the pitch for his tackle on Papac? Have sellick?

WELL DONE CELTIC

That's naive. Celtic don't care about us and they don't care about the rest of Scottish football. All they care about is themselves and the Old Firm Brand.

The purpose of this is not to force change in the SFA to make the game better, it's to try and expose any pro-Rangers bias so they can play the martyrs card.

That's naive. Celtic don't care about us and they don't care about the rest of Scottish football. All they care about is themselves and the Old Firm Brand.

The purpose of this is not to force change in the SFA to make the game better, it's to try and expose any pro-Rangers bias so they can play the martyrs card.

NB,

Are you saying you are happy with the status quo?

Do you have any other solutions/ideas?

The common view on this board is that Vlad tried to take on the SFA, no-one backed him up, so stuff the lot of them. Which achieved what?

I also agree with your sentiments re them trying to out Rangers bias, however I also believe it is more pro Rangers within our game.

Note the silence within the SFA/Refs/Media re the endemic diving culture within that club, David Weir's and Lee McCulloch's disgraceful onfield conduct. Once in a wee while someone within Ibrox gets picked up on their conduct (e.g. McGregor after 4 years of petulance, kicking out)

All this shite about referees is designed for one of two reasons (or possibly both) -

1. To initimidate the referees to such a degree that they think twice about awarding big decisions against Celtic.

2. To create a big *******ing smokescreen to mask their shite form and performances against us and Rangers.

They don't give a flying fudge about the rest of Scottish football like they are professing to or a level playing field. Very selfish reasons are behind it and I will not be supporting them.

NB,

Are you saying you are happy with the status quo?

Do you have any other solutions/ideas?

The common view on this board is that Vlad tried to take on the SFA, no-one backed him up, so stuff the lot of them. Which achieved what?

I also agree with your sentiments re them trying to out Rangers bias, however I also believe it is more pro Rangers within our game.

Note the silence within the SFA/Refs/Media re the endemic diving culture within that club, David Weir's and Lee McCulloch's disgraceful onfield conduct. Once in a wee while someone within Ibrox gets picked up on their conduct (e.g. McGregor after 4 years of petulance, kicking out)

Fair question and the answer is, of course I don't (although I would have ditched the Faroes friendly and set up a summit between managers, captains, the SFA and referees)

I am not happy with the status quo but I am also not happy at celtic driving this forward because I do not believe for a second they are doing it for the good of the game and so, for that reason, we cannot support them.

Maybe if every club was to write a letter seeking clarification after every game over dubious decisions then we may force change. But what change? We cannot force referees to be better. Do we want foreign referees? How about the English referee who failed to send off Gary Neville against Stoke for two clear yellow cards? What about the linesman who never saw the ball land a yard over Roy Carroll's line at Old Trafford?

I am not sure any referee will satisfy us but I would want a proper review panel so you do not have to appeal to the same ref. We cannot change decisions within a game but at least we can right wrongs afterwards?

And yes, the silence on diving is remarkable although that has as much to do with the fact that the culprits like Broadfoot are good, honest Scottish laddies.

gorgie rd eh11

Celtic complaining about bias against them is a joke.

The sfa's response to celtic complaining is a joke.

Leave them to it, nothing will change, celtic will still get the majority of decisions and the sfa will still show how tough they are by fining VR. If HMFC try to get involved it just allows the media to deflect.

I actually get lost for words when trying to put across my views on Celtic.

It's impossible to put into words how ludicrously they are behaving right now.

Drylaw Hearts

I actually get lost for words when trying to put across my views on Celtic.

It's impossible to put into words how ludicrously they are behaving right now.

The problem is.......

The are actually right about many of the things they are saying.

Dougie McDonald should be sacked and there does need be a huge overhaul of the Refs and the SFA in general.

What is wrong is the timing - they've had a few decisions go against them recently and they don't like it. They should have supported other clubs when they have publicly aired their concerns over the Refs etc in years gone by but they didn't as it was often in their favour.

Now I don't like giving these feckers the time of day but we all seem to agree something needs to be done about Scottish Football from the top downwards so we, unfortunately, need to stand in their corner.

However...

I don't think a Ref should be made to have the team of his choice made public - if he's biased towards that team it will show and because of Celtic's recent public displays of anger, Refs are going to have to be on there best behaviour such is the scrutiny they will be under.

The problem is.......

The are actually right about many of the things they are saying.

Dougie McDonald should be sacked and there does need be a huge overhaul of the Refs and the SFA in general.

What is wrong is the timing - they've had a few decisions go against them recently and they don't like it. They should have supported other clubs when they have publicly aired their concerns over the Refs etc in years gone by but they didn't as it was often in their favour.

Now I don't like giving these feckers the time of day but we all seem to agree something needs to be done about Scottish Football from the top downwards so we, unfortunately, need to stand in their corner.

However...

I don't think a Ref should be made to have the team of his choice made public - if he's biased towards that team it will show and because of Celtic's recent public displays of anger, Refs are going to have to be on there best behaviour such is the scrutiny they will be under.

But McDonald made the RIGHT decision. The only reason he told a porky is because of the way Celtic react to anything that doesn't go for them. The lie doesn't deter from the fact that the right decision was made, and only the fact that the Celtic fans abused the linesman so much that "the truth" regarding how a CORRECT decision was made had to come out.

Celtic and Rangers have had every decision go for them for frigging decades, and they are trying to play the fecking victim card regarding a decision that was CORRECT and didn't ultimately even effect the fecking result.

They disgust me.

If they had genuine reason to think they were sinned against it might be ok, but they need to take the blinkers off, ignorance of the highest order to think that they have not been the beneficiary more often than not.

Drylaw Hearts

DH Hearts released a statement in kind of support of Celtic when this all kicked off, but since then 2 things have happened.

1. No other club has said anything.
  2. Celtic have since moaned about stuff that was in fact good refereeing.

This to me has killed off any chance of something positive coming out of all this, except maybe Celtic getting 'fair' referees which is 50% of the problem in Scotland fixed.

I agree that Lennon has not helped by not having the balls to admit he wrong about Ledley's tackle on Black - he should have held his hands up and say he wrong which is why the club didn't appeal.

If they want Scottish Football to change then they are going to have change.

As do the rest of the spineless bunch. Unless of course the other clubs have decided to wait until the next SFA or SPL meeting rather than publicly air their views.

Drylaw Hearts

But McDonald made the RIGHT decision. The only reason he told a porky is because of the way Celtic react to anything that doesn't go for them. The lie doesn't deter from the fact that the right decision was made, and only the fact that the Celtic fans abused the linesman so much that "the truth" regarding how a CORRECT decision was made had to come out.

Celtic and Rangers have had every decision go for them for frigging decades, and they are trying to play the fecking victim card regarding a decision that was CORRECT and didn't ultimately even effect the fecking result.

They disgust me.

If they had genuine reason to think they were sinned against it might be ok, but they need to take the blinkers off, ignorance of the highest order to think that they have not been the beneficiary more often than not.

DM did make the right decision with the penalty but his decision after the match to lie, regardless of his reasons, should have led to instant dismissal.

If this had happened to Hearts we would all be demanding DM's sacking and just because it's Celtic it shouldn't affect our opinion.

DM needs to go and DM needs to be made an example of.

The OF have had it better than most for years and if they are demanding a shake-up of the system then we need to back them - even if some of their reasons are ridiculously flawed, when you get down to the bare bones of it they are right with many of the issues they are raising.

DM did make the right decision with the penalty but his decision after the match to lie, regardless of his reasons, should have led to instant dismissal.

If this had happened to Hearts we would all be demanding DM's sacking and just because it's Celtic it shouldn't affect our opinion.

DM needs to go and DM needs to be made an example of.

The OF have had it better than most for years and if they are demanding a shake-up of the system then we need to back them - even if some of their reasons are ridiculously flawed, when you get down to the bare bones of it they are right with many of the issues they are raising.

I agree DM should have been sacked.

However, Celtic are using this as an excuse to make it out as if they are the victims of some sort of agenda. THAT is what is driving me mad.

Do you think referees would be open and honest enough to admit who they supported by the way? They'd just do a Chick Young and say they support St Mirren when they are in fact Rangers fans etc.

Drylaw Hearts

I really hope that is the case, although I doubt it. Normally I would think this is the kind of thing that should be sorted out behind closed doors, but the way it has panned out over the last few weeks I think we should have clubs - not Celtic - calling for a meeting to discuss the issue of referees with the SFA/SPL. They should also make it clear that it is a meeting to improve relations between officials and clubs as well as procedures for referee committees etc. not a debate about every decision a club feels didn't go their way.

Something needs to be done to a. Stop referees being accused of bias(well as much we ever can) and b. stop Celtic messing the whole thing up for everyone.

This would be a meeting that never ended.

Drylaw Hearts

However, Celtic are using this as an excuse to make it out as if they are the victims of some sort of agenda. THAT is what is driving me mad.

As I said...there reasons are ridiculously flawed. Refs are never going to get it right all the time but with the spotlight on them now it may actually make one or two of them think before blowing that whistle - something few actually do.

Do you think referees would be open and honest enough to admit who they supported by the way? They'd just do a Chick Young and say they support St Mirren when they are in fact Rangers fans etc.

I don't know tbh. But....as officials they would be putting themselves in a very difficult position if they lie.

I am delighted that Celtic have done this as it has now highlighted how bad refereeing standards are in Scotland. IMO though it will end up biting them as I expect that referees are now under immense pressure to get all decisions right regardless of the teams. I think that last Wednesday demonstrated that perfectly where Celtic would have got at least one or even two of the three big decisions in their favour. In reality the Stevenson one was the only one wrong and perhaps not given due to high feet by Hooper.

Oh and McDonald should be sacked as we can't have lying officials as that is a small step away from openly cheating. The big question though is how will Celtic cope when they already think refs are against them when they do not get the favours they previously got (fines hopefully).

Stupid Sexy Flanders

I agree DM should have been sacked.

I don't.

I fail to see what the big deal is, as has already been pointed out, he made the correct decision! That he lied about how he arrived at that decision is, to me, simply not important.

If D McG drove to the ground that day, but told Lennon he got the train, would that be a sackable offence? It's just as relevant IMO.

I don't.

I fail to see what the big deal is, as has already been pointed out, he made the correct decision! That he lied about how he arrived at that decision is, to me, simply not important.

If D McG drove to the ground that day, but told Lennon he got the train, would that be a sackable offence? It's just as relevant IMO.

I think it makes his position untenable.

Once a referee is shown to be a liar then there is no return, imo.

Archived