IF...Hearts had ?5m spare...

HMFC4ME

Frankenstein Jambo.

If somehow HMFC were given ?5m to spend on absolutely anything club related what would you chose?

reducing debt.

Fifa manager i bought Ratboy from hibs for 750k. Then put him in reserves and ended the wee tits career! :thumbsup:

Guest vanbasten1874

If somehow HMFC were given ?5m to spend on absolutely anything club related what would you chose?

A fund for the refurbishment of he main stand .

Clearly, reduce the debt is the sensible answer, but in a hypothetical question it's boring.

I'd improve the club's scouting capabilities, and expand our reach in terms if bringing in young international talent. I'd improve our youth set up by bringing in more coaches and expanding our capacity to take on more youngsters. I'd have a statue of Robbo built at Tynecastle. I'd look to bring Aguiar back to the club, be it on-loan or transfer.

:thumbsup:

Use it to reduce debts & costs (release some contracts)

This, especially the bit in bold.

Also with a smaller squad from releasing a lot of dead wood I would use some money for wages to pick up a couple of JJ targets that will be out of contract at the end of the season.

I'd renew Templeton's contract too.

We do have spare Millllllllllllllllllliiiiiiiiiiiiooooooonnnnss. Our owner just doesn't dip his hand into his pocket very much.

Charlie-Brown

Clearly, reduce the debt is the sensible answer, but in a hypothetical question it's boring.

I'd improve the club's scouting capabilities, and expand our reach in terms if bringing in young international talent. I'd improve our youth set up by bringing in more coaches and expanding our capacity to take on more youngsters. I'd have a statue of Robbo built at Tynecastle. I'd look to bring Aguiar back to the club, be it on-loan or transfer.

You might also want to discuss with the first team manager a definite plan for the progress of young players which is often secondary to the short term necessity of getting results....

You might also want to discuss with the first team manager a definite plan for the progress of young players which is often secondary to the short term necessity of getting results....

Clearly things like the Reserve/U19s League were good for development of younger players. But that's outwith our control as other clubs don't want to do it.

It may be secondary to you, but managers are judged on results. It's good for the manager if the club does well, the club does well by pushing for cups and league position. Of course you're going to have to develop younger players, but to the detriment of our club's current position? Might be a hard sell...

Charlie-Brown

Clearly things like the Reserve/U19s League were good for development of younger players. But that's outwith our control as other clubs don't want to do it.

It may be secondary to you, but managers are judged on results. It's good for the manager if the club does well, the club does well by pushing for cups and league position. Of course you're going to have to develop younger players, but to the detriment of our club's current position? Might be a hard sell...

What on earth are you on about? The development of the clubs assets is paramount to achieving long term improvement in results and being competitive in the league & cups etc. but if your focus is only on the immediate then generally youth development suffers and you end up worse off in the long run as you either have to buy in more expensive players as the young players haven't progressed as hoped or needed financially.

I'd buy Livingston and rename them Livingston Hearts.

I'd then put all the players up for sale and contact Romanov to use the club as a B team. I would buy most youngsters and promising players for free and put in the contract that Hearts can have them back at any time over 2 years for 50k.

The players would continue to train at riccarton however they would have their own manager who would be set the task of taking them into the 1st division and keeping them competitive..

What on earth are you on about? The development of the clubs assets is paramount to achieving long term improvement in results and being competitive in the league & cups etc. but if your focus is only on the immediate then generally youth development suffers and you end up worse off in the long run as you either have to buy in more expensive players as the young players haven't progressed as hoped or needed financially.

:lol:

Why so aggressive? I didn't disagree with you at all, you've gone mental bud. If you're wanting to rant at someone about how important player development is to the club, you're barking up the wrong tree because I'm already with you on that.

As I said, I'd want us to expand our capabilities in producing players. I was making the point that a manager's focus is on the first team's success, unfortunately a manager can be sacked in a matter of weeks for a bad run and many aren't willing to risk their own job by trying out new players.

By Hibs and put them out of business,

and with the other ?4,999,999 I'd reduce some of the debt and give JJ enough money to sign his targets thumbsup.gif

Big_Hearts_Runner

Good idea, statue of the terrible trio for me and perhaps one of Tommy Walker.

Refurbish the main stand and re-name it "MacRae's Battalion stand"

Snake Plissken

5 million?

Enough of the sensible answers, this is a thread for a list of signing targets. I'd want to sign up some young and talented players to bolster the squad.

Leigh Griffiths (Dundee) - 150k

Mark Reynolds (Motherwell) - pre-contract

David Goodwillie (Dundee United) - 1.5m

Fraser Fyvie (Aberdeen) - 1m

That leaves plenty for wages and to tie down some of the others.

Snake Plissken

new main stand with corporate facilities. :thumbsup:

With 5 million?

Are you planning to build it out of lego?

Charlie-Brown

5 million?

Enough of the sensible answers, this is a thread for a list of signing targets. I'd want to sign up some young and talented players to bolster the squad.

Leigh Griffiths (Dundee) - 150k

Mark Reynolds (Motherwell) - pre-contract

David Goodwillie (Dundee United) - 1.5m

Fraser Fyvie (Aberdeen) - 1m

That leaves plenty for wages and to tie down some of the others.

We have our own young players that deserve some of our faith in their abilities & chances to shine without coveting other teams youngsters.

Guest jambomickey

With 5 million?

Are you planning to build it out of lego?

pretty sure you could build a decent stand for not much more than that with the same amount of seats currently in the main stand?

Guest jambomickey

We have our own young players that deserve some of our faith in their abilities & chances to shine without coveting other teams younsters.

ditto again charlie. :thumbsup:

Snake Plissken

We have our own young players that deserve some of our faith in their abilities & chances to shine without coveting other teams youngsters.

Strange logic.

Are you suggesting Hearts have a monopoly on all the decent young players in the country?

ScottishSandstorm

Straight into the debt. While offering some players pay-offs to end their contracts early so we can save more money in the long run. Kucharski, Mole, Witt, and Park are all good candidates.

I wish we could spend it on developing a B team or scottish feeder team so we could send all of our would-be reserve players there but right now we need to focus on the debt.

Money spent on improving youth facilities and investing in a new stand would be great too but the debt should be the top priority right now.

Snake Plissken

pretty sure you could build a decent stand for not much more than that with the same amount of seats currently in the main stand?

Based on what?

Your intricate knowledge of architecture?

Guest jambomickey

Strange logic.

Are you suggesting Hearts have a monopoly on all the decent young players in the country?

we've currently got some cracking kids at hearts who deserve a chance to break through.

Charlie-Brown

Strange logic.

Not at all but we've got some very good young players and I'd rather we showed faith in them than wishing for or spending big money on our rivals players that's all. We've already got Robinson we don't need Fyvie and the same applies for the others you mentioned.

Snake Plissken

we've currently got some cracking kids at hearts who deserve a chance to break through.

If they're good enough, they will.

Guest jambomickey

If they're good enough, they will.

yeah but quicker if we don't keep adding players to our already massive number of players.

Snake Plissken

Not at all but we've got some very good young players and I'd rather we showed faith in them than wishing for or spending big money on our rivals players that's all. We've already got Robinson we don't need Fyvie and the same applies for the otheres you mentioned.

I'm not besmirching the young players we have by hypothetically suggesting some of the players at rival SPL clubs are good.

Reyonlds could cover centre and left back and is an able SPL defender, Rangers and Championship sides are looking at him

Griffiths is a very talented young striker

Fyvie is a regular in the first team for Aberdeen at 17, EPL clubs are monitoring him for a reason

Goodwillie is one of the best players in the SPL

All four would be a welcome addition to the squad, we may well have some youngsters to break through but the four above would be able to play for the first team straight away.

Strange logic.

It's a good logic really. We should never have signed David Templeton from Stenhousemuir. :lol:

Snake Plissken

'If' being the key word.

Exactly.

Young players get stupidly over-hyped on here.

I like it when a home-grown player comes through but you're looking at 2-3 per generation at best, most of them won't make it. If, huge if, they're genuinely talented players, they will make it.

Snake Plissken

It's a good logic really. We should never have signed David Templeton from Stenhousemuir. :lol:

Stanley, in that brief sentence you have made my point beautifully.

Cheers.

Charlie-Brown

I'm not besmirching the young players we have by hypothetically suggesting some of the players at rival SPL clubs are good.

Reyonlds could cover centre and left back and is an able SPL defender, Rangers and Championship sides are looking at him

Fyvie is a regular in the first team for Aberdeen at 17, EPL clubs are monitoring him for a reason

All four would be a welcome addition to the squad, we may well have some youngsters to break through but the four above would be able to play for the first team straight away.

Well Iam not saying the players you mentioned aren't talented young players but I'd be happier if we showed belief in our own youth system than spend big transfer fees trying to poach other SPL teams talents and killing our own kids chances to play. Fraser Fyvie is a great prospect but so is Scott Robinson, if we can take a Templeton or Husband from Stenny or Cowdenbeath at 16-17 then fair enough that's a big step up for those kids and usually only a minimal transfer fee but to suggest paying ?1m plus for other SPL teams players is ludicrous when we've got our own players who can be as good or good enough without having to spend the massive transfer fee.

Footballfirst

I'd buy the Academy. Seriously, I'd put it in a ring fenced trust and use the interest earned to fund the scouting and sourcing of the best youngsters to the club at all age levels from U11 up.

Get Lionel Messi on a 6-month loan from Barcelona and pay him ?200,000 per week.

Win the league, qualify for the Champions League earning ?10M, get him on loan for a full season, a decent run in the Champions League, win the treble and then get Ronaldo on loan.

A midfield of Ronaldo Mrowiec Messi and Templeton.

Although i agree debt needs paid off, i think a better investment would be in the youth academy. That way we can semi-guarantee a regular stream of good young players into the main squad. which in a few years will be worth more.

They may not be worth multi-millions but say we develop 10 average/good players then sell on at ?1m a piece within 2-3 years we've then got more than our money back. thats not including any superstars we may find. it may be wishful thinking with numbers but youth is where it needs to go.

i don't agree that it should be instantly set against debts. romanov would appear to be comfortable with underwriting our debts and has done so for quite some time.

i would definitely allocate it to the building of a new stand. it may be that we have to wait a while and jump through hoops to get planning permission but that money could simply be ringfenced until such time as it's needed.

now we just need that money itself!

Is he not out for the season?

Agree with you though.All 4 would be good signings.

Is he not out for the season?

Agree with you though.All 4 would be good signings.

Griffiths? Beats, I expect better from you. yucky.gifyucky.gifyucky.gif

A massive pub under the Wheatfield. :thumbsup:

An ejector seat for the co-commentator...aka Craig Burley/Provan.

Fun games involving Dung, Walker and the above.

Produce a DVD of Dave McPherson's Greatest Runs. :thumbsup:

Still leave plenty for new players... :)

Archived