Ugg boots

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Thinking of getting my Mrs a pair of Uggs for her Crimbo. Does anyone know of the best (ie cheapest) place to get them? Looking on eBay and stuff the now, just after any more advice if anyone has any!

Sterling Archer

Thinking of getting my Mrs a pair of Uggs for her Crimbo. Does anyone know of the best (ie cheapest) place to get them? Looking on eBay and stuff the now, just after any more advice if anyone has any!

Word of advice, they're made bigger than usual sizes.

blondejamtart

Can't really advise you on the cheapest place to buy them, but I would be very wary about buying them off eBay or the likes, as apparently the bulk of those are fake, some obviously more so than others! My daughter's friend bought one pair off eBay which frankly looked like they'd cost a fiver from some market stall - not likely to impress your Mrs!

My advice would be to just bite the bullet and buy them from a reputable retail store, that way your arse is covered if anything goes wrong and you have no worries. You wouldnt want them falling apart after two weeks, more importantly your other half wouldnt be happy!

Trying to put the missus off these, absolutely hideous and ridiculously expensive.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

My advice would be to just bite the bullet and buy them from a reputable retail store, that way your arse is covered if anything goes wrong and you have no worries. You wouldnt want them falling apart after two weeks, more importantly your other half wouldnt be happy!

Possibly some good advice. :thumbsup:

Trying to put the missus off these, absolutely hideous and ridiculously expensive.

And cruel to sheep aswell.

Really, your wife.. These are tramps boots for sluts

Word of advice, they're made bigger than usual sizes.

Buying them from a shop, she can take them back and easily get them changed,if size is not correct.

My daughter has a pair of these, I was surprised how light they are, a good thing in footwear

jt

My wife got a Catalogue thing in yesterday from a company called M&m direct (I think it's called) UGG Boots in there for ?60-70...I've bought a few Fred Perry Polo's and Timberland Boots from them in the past, The real deal and great quality. Don't know what the Boots are like, They looked freakin awful to me but my daughter liked some of them!!

Stupid Sexy Flanders

My wife got a Catalogue thing in yesterday from a company called M&m direct (I think it's called) UGG Boots in there for ?60-70...I've bought a few Fred Perry Polo's and Timberland Boots from them in the past, The real deal and great quality. Don't know what the Boots are like, They looked freakin awful to me but my daughter liked some of them!!

I've used M&M before, didn't realise they did Uggs. That's my next port of call!

Buy them from John Lewis or somewhere. Don't get them from ebay they will 99.9% be fakes.

Another word of advice get the stuff (either from ugg directly or think you can buy it in schuh) for treating them, Mine last year got wrecked with the salt on the pavement's.

Check what size she is i am a 5.5 to 6 and got a 5.5 and they fitted fine as they are made on the bigger side.

Another point keep the box and the receipt, I had bother with my first pair and despite them being 9 months old got a new pair from schuh for nowt as I still had box and receipt.

Good luck

Another point keep the box and the receipt, I had bother with my first pair and despite them being 9 months old got a new pair from schuh for nowt as I still had box and receipt.

Good luck

I'd agree with the receipt bit, but the box? What's that got to do with anything?

I'd agree with the receipt bit, but the box? What's that got to do with anything?

Don't know but I was advised when I bought them to keep the box so if any probs would make for easier return, and I did, just shoved it in the top of my wardrobe oot road lol. When called schuh about first pair got asked if I had box and proof of purchase said yes and she said just take them to any shop.

Don't know but I was advised when I bought them to keep the box so if any probs would make for easier return, and I did, just shoved it in the top of my wardrobe oot road lol. When called schuh about first pair got asked if I had box and proof of purchase said yes and she said just take them to any shop.

Blimey. Schuh being fan dans if you ask me, but if it makes it easier for you...

A similar thing happened to me when returning a toaster to Frasers that went on the blink a month after buying it. Was asked if I still had the box but said no, why on earth would I keep a box? That was the end of that and I was given a replacement straight away.

Would be good to see how the legal side of box keeping or not affects your rights as a consumer.

BoJack Horseman

Got a pair for the ex last year from Shudoo. Managed to get a discount code online for them. The knit ones are half price it looks like.

Anyone else think these things look absolutely ridiculous?

Why do chicks want to stomp around looking like some sort of hippo?

BoJack Horseman

Yes. They're also a really shit winter boot as they're not weather proof.

Just go the whole hog and buy her a pair of Jack Wills jogging bottoms as well then she can look like a complete edinburgh uni slut :thumbsup:

Thinely veiled 'I only get the fat birds' post. IMO.

My missus can pull them off without looking like a hefalump! :thumbsup:

Thinely veiled 'I only get the fat birds' post. IMO.

My missus can pull them off without looking like a hefalump! :thumbsup:

My girlfriend would never dream of wearing anything as tacky as ugg boots Al and she's of a slender build as well. :lol:

It was more that the boots look like hippo / elephant feet rather than the burds who wear them are fat.

In saying that, I left my house briefly this morning and the first person I saw was a fat burd wearing pyjama bottoms and ugg boots. :yucky:

In saying that, I left my house briefly this morning and the first person I saw was a fat burd wearing pyjama bottoms and ugg boots. :yucky:

The worrying thing being of course that those pyjama bottoms were probably her choice of clothing for the day and probably thought she looked "gawrjus" :ermm:

The worrying thing being of course that those pyjama bottoms were probably her choice of clothing for the day and probably thought she looked "gawrjus" :ermm:

She looked like a blonde hippo in pyjamas mate.

I felt like turning around and heading home again. :(

Although of course you get some pigs wearing them, some rather tasty chicks wear them to. Abit unfair to tar them all with the same brush...

Blimey. Schuh being fan dans if you ask me, but if it makes it easier for you...

A similar thing happened to me when returning a toaster to Frasers that went on the blink a month after buying it. Was asked if I still had the box but said no, why on earth would I keep a box? That was the end of that and I was given a replacement straight away.

Would be good to see how the legal side of box keeping or not affects your rights as a consumer.

Probably but hey ho! Tend not to keep the boxes/ packaging for huge items but in that instance I am glad I kept it.

She looked like a blonde hippo in pyjamas mate.

I felt like turning around and heading home again. :(

So in this instance the answer to the question being posed by the advert at the bottom of the screen would be a resounding "no" then!

Edit: This statement loses all relevance once the bloody advert changes at the bottom of the screen! Pah!!

My girlfriend would never dream of wearing anything as tacky as ugg boots Al and she's of a slender build as well. :lol:

It was more that the boots look like hippo / elephant feet rather than the burds who wear them are fat.

Don't see the problem sticking on something casual and comfy on to pop round the shops. Your missus sounds high manteniance, I bet shes a right prude :P

Don't see the problem sticking on something casual and comfy on to pop round the shops. Your missus sounds high manteniance, I bet shes a right prude :P

Because ?110 Ugg boots to bum about in isn't high maintenance right enough :whistling:

southside1874
Stupid Sexy Flanders

Just go the whole hog and buy her a pair of Jack Wills jogging bottoms as well then she can look like a complete edinburgh uni slut :thumbsup:

Seems rather harsh. She's not the "Jack Wills yah" kind of girl at all, I just think she'd like them and they'd keep her feet warm. A bit out of order using the word "slut" to describe someone's bird, especially if you've never met either of them.

Thanks to others for their advice, I'm starting to think that just buying them from a shop is the best idea to make sure they're legit and in case she needs to take them back. John Lewis or Schuh here I come! :thumbsup:

Seems rather harsh. She's not the "Jack Wills yah" kind of girl at all, I just think she'd like them and they'd keep her feet warm. A bit out of order using the word "slut" to describe someone's bird, especially if you've never met either of them.

Thanks to others for their advice, I'm starting to think that just buying them from a shop is the best idea to make sure they're legit and in case she needs to take them back. John Lewis or Schuh here I come! :thumbsup:

Quite right mate.

My missus isn't a Yah/Chav/Slut or any other tag that might be banded about. She likes her Uggs and imo they are comfy and practical. i'm sure your missus will like them.

I really dislike Ugg boots (and yes I see lots of people wearing them with PJs), however, my big sis has a pair and I tried them on and they are extremely cosy, would be great for Tynie on a cold Saturday.....Just a shame that you look like you are wearing a pair of "big slippers" without the plug

gg

Sterling Archer

Ugg do guys leather boots with the same lining as those sponges you see everyone wearing, can't be bothered looking for a link though.

Archived