Picture of Cruickshank

dkmmgcycbwc

dkmmgcycbwc

Photo on inside pages of today's Herald shows a keeper having a fly puff of a cigarette in a game at Hampden. Terraces are empty.

I am 100% sure it is JC but wonder what the game is.

The hairline looks too far receded for his QP days. Maybe one of his last games after he signed for Dumbarton or a reserve game. He did play for Scotland there in front of a small crowd but I feel his actions would have been publicised if it had been that night.

Anyone else seen this? Confirmation that it is JC? Any ideas on the game?

Photo on inside pages of today's Herald shows a keeper having a fly puff of a cigarette in a game at Hampden. Terraces are empty.

I am 100% sure it is JC but wonder what the game is.

The hairline looks too far receded for his QP days. Maybe one of his last games after he signed for Dumbarton or a reserve game. He did play for Scotland there in front of a small crowd but I feel his actions would have been publicised if it had been that night.

Anyone else seen this? Confirmation that it is JC? Any ideas on the game?

I saw that.

Didn't think it was Cruikie.

Mainly cos the photo looks from a far, far older time.

He did play for Dumbarton at the end of his career.

However I am not sure he was a smoker.

It is unlikely any goalie would smoke during a game in Cruikies time.

Any chance of posting the pic?

Correct on wee Jocky Robertson , Third Lanark keeper when Hearts beat them 2-1 in League Cup final in 1959(?) Hearts fan , used to drive lorries for Bell,s removals in the 60,s who were at that time in Washington St. drank in the Balmoral Bar, great wee guy.:)

londonjambo
Correct on wee Jocky Robertson , Third Lanark keeper when Hearts beat them 2-1 in League Cup final in 1959(?) Hearts fan , used to drive lorries for Bell,s removals in the 60,s who were at that time in Washington St. drank in the Balmoral Bar, great wee guy.:)

Its also in the Scotsman today. The Scotsman text confirms that it is a Third Lanark goalkeeper so its almost certainly Jocky Robertson.

GC

Archived