3 Jambos in the Scotland under 21s

Guest Dipped Flake

monkfish1979
http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/HeartsNewsDetail/0,,10289~1268949,00.html

How long before this is thread descends into more doom and gloom????

Indeed. Cue shouts of "well it just goes to show how little is on offer if "clum"'s getting a game!" by all the folk that know so much better than the coaches that actually pick the players....

On a brighter note, well done to those picked, and good luck.

loveofthegame

This is a disaster.... Many on here will now be able to rant its Calum Elliot's fault that Scotland are ****e too....

Having never seen him play, I would be very interested in people's opinion of Jamie MacDonald who seems to be very highly rated by Queen of the South (repeated loans) and Scotland (number one keeper in his age group). Should he be recalled by Hearts for next season?

loveofthegame
Having never seen him play, I would be very interested in people's opinion of Jamie MacDonald who seems to be very highly rated by Queen of the South (repeated loans) and Scotland (number one keeper in his age group). Should he be recalled by Hearts for next season?

Yeah it'll be very interesting to see how he plays on the big stage in the Scottish Cup Semi against Aberdeen. Could definitely come into contenion for next season.

Say What Again
Should he be recalled by Hearts for next season?

Without having seen him play myself either, he simply has to be a better option than Kurskis - and quite possibly Basso as well.

That will probably count as 'doom and gloom' though :mw_rolleyes:

Charlie-Brown

Same amount of players as Hibs in the squad except ours probably have a better chance of actually playing - so much for the superior youth conveyor belt of the warrior-poets.......

Colonel Kurtz

Jamie is an excellent shot stoper,but a bit wee .

Miles better than Kurkis

As no. 1 or back up?

Good point. I would imagine Jamie is on loan at the moment to get first team football (and experience) which they feel he would not get at Hearts. So, would it be beneficial to bring him back to Hearts to sit on the bench? Or, is he actually ready to compete with Banks as number one keeper?

Good point. I would imagine Jamie is on loan at the moment to get first team football (and experience) which they feel he would not get at Hearts. So, would it be beneficial to bring him back to Hearts to sit on the bench? Or, is he actually ready to compete with Banks as number one keeper?

That's what i was thinking.

I would rather he gained experience at QotS than warming the bench with us.

Unless the club thinks he's ready to compete for the no. 1 jersey.

He should have been recalled in January

ScottishSandstorm

What a joke! MacDonald doesn't even play for us and Elliot will ruin the team! There once was a time when Hearts would have had these three as well as Thomson, Glen, and Branny. We should have 6 players in the team! Vlad is ruining our team by conspiring against our players international futures and not getting Branny a Scottish passport!

Seriously though, it will be interesting to see what Jamie MacD does on his return for the preseason. He will have an opportunity to compete head to head with Bjornsson and Basso.

Same amount of players as Hibs in the squad except ours probably have a better chance of actually playing - so much for the superior youth conveyor belt of the warrior-poets.......

Even you cannot deny Hearts have been miles behind Hibs in the development of players able to step up and play to a high standard in the SPL in recent times.

RockyBalboa

Your kidding right?

I would rather have Ross Campbell play than Elliot any day of the week. Your goalie's not going to play ahead of St Mirrens No1 but Ill grant you Lee Wallace although Kev Mc will start on the right and Lewis will play in midfield - like they have been doing in the other matches. :) If Fletcher wasn't so good he would be there too, only 20 remember - Hearts have noone near as good at that age.

I haven't heard any Hibee saying we have a better "conveyor belt" since the likes of Brown and Katie was coming through - isn't the "conveyor belt" the thing most Hearts fans are clinging on to re Romanov?

Even you cannot deny Hearts have been miles behind Hibs in the development of players able to step up and play to a high standard in the SPL in recent times.

Just to clarify seeing as Rocky is sniffing about. Even though they have brought through some excellent young SPL players they have achieved diddly squat with them and only have 1 asset remaining. He won't stick around long either and the long wait for Scottish Cup success (the absolute holy grail) will go on and on now that the 'batch' has come and gone.

RockyBalboa
Just to clarify seeing as Rocky is sniffing about. Even though they have brought through some excellent young SPL players they have achieved diddly squat with them and only have 1 asset remaining. He won't stick around long either and the long wait for Scottish Cup success (the absolute holy grail) will go on and on now that the 'batch' has come and gone.

Lewis Stevenson was MOM in the cup final last year, he also got a winners medal. :cool:

Scottish cup really isn't the be all and end all, if it was I would bother my arse getting a season ticket (along with 10k other fans) and just turn up for Scottish cup matches. :107years:

Lewis Stevenson was MOM in the cup final last year, he also got a winners medal. :cool:

Scottish cup really isn't the be all and end all, if it was I would bother my arse getting a season ticket (along with 10k other fans) and just turn up for Scottish cup matches. :107years:

Dinnae tell me you've no got one, Rocky or is it typo.

Charlie-Brown

Which year are you starting for debuts?

They (Hibs) will claim Murray, Brown, Thomson*, Riordan, O'Connor, Whittaker, Fletcher, McNeil, Stevenson, Hogg, McCann.

In the same time period we could claim Gordon, Webster*, Berra, Wallace, Elliot, Driver, Jonsson.

*Webster signed from Arbroath - K.Thomson signed from Coventry at a young age.

So they are approx 4 ahead although the 6 I highlighted in bold who admittedly are all mostly very good players all got their chance & thrown in the first team at a very early age because Hibs were financially strapped and had no other choice - most of them are in their mid 20's now whilst non of Wallace, Elliot, Driver or Jonsson are even 21 yet.

Hibs also suffered some bottom 6 SPL finished whilst the golden generation were developing.

These days we have more home-produced players than they do - we also had 2 seasons of paying very high wages to experienced players like Skacel, Bednar, Kingston, Fyssas, Jankauskas, Hartley etc when fewer young players got as many opportunities to play in the team.

How recent is recent?

Archived